[PDQ] The Grand Mythos Game Thread

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Hardy Lupin

"Do you think the Stryfe can trusted?" the man's voice crackled over the radio, each response delayed by a second by both the distance between the two and the encryption used to protect their conversation.

"I think so, father," Lupin replied steadily, "Whatever happens, it'll be fine if their numbers are limited like our embassy is on Eld, to a few hundred souls at most,"

"Very true. How is Eva Lothi?"

"Secure as far as I can see, the Dwarves and Lainir have completely vanished and there's no sign of the Mizzen or anyone-else coming to claim it."

"Excellent work Lupin, will talk to you later sweetheart,"

"Bye, father," she said warmly and then switched the radio off. She stepped outside of the diplomatic car for a breath of fresh air and looked up at Loth Ringard standing tall in the distance. A number of tanks and aircraft were gathered around the base of the mountain and above them dragons and velociflies soared with their riders practising various manoeuvres. From the news she heard daily from her father, Lupin knew that it was the same for every major city from the icy east of Eva Lothi to the far western shores of Ortaw. Already thousands of crates of belongings and technology left behind were being shipped back to the Republic mainland for analysis and resource extraction, while colonists were preparing with a generous government grant and cut prices on the new land to journey westwards and make a new life for themselves. It was truly the beginning of a new era for the Republic.

Roe - 26, 1

Roe sat happily on his throne and summoned out of thin air one of his favourite recent inventions of the Rowan: a box of popcorn. Nothing seem to be happening so he threw a handful of it at Calath the High Speaker.

"Get on with it!" Roe yelled at the devil. All he got in response was an icy stare. Roe sighed and began searching through his pockets to see if he had anything interesting on him, his hands resting on Skye, the Flag of Liberty, his rubberduck from Daare, even the whistle he'd made for Petal. He'd have to give that back to her when she got here. To his surprise his fingers settled on a mysterious fifth object, one which felt like nothing he knew he owned. He brought the shining item out into the open to take a closer look.

Effortless - Summon popcorn

DC15, 6AP - Forge a +2 Magic item: Crown of Chaos (+2 Chaos) with +6 Chaos (it's an item that celebrates chaos), +8 Childhood (was inspired by the child spirits of the Garden pledging allegiance to Roe)

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
Akladai 4AP

Akladai remained calm through Ven's speech, if he interrupted Ven he would only get in even more trouble. Suddenly a mental message appeared inside his head "Good luck getting a fair trial here, friend,'Fair trial'; believe me, I know that falsehood too well." He turned his head to see Lleu leave. It seemed he had more allies, other then his own family. "Greetings everyone, I am here today to defend myself against the accusations of Ven as you all just heard. He says that I forcibly changed 500 Mizzen, and what he says is true. I however did not break them, I simply separated them from the shared conscious and gave them new orders."

Akadalai stood up and then looked around at all the gods, as he continued by saying. "What Ven said however is not completely true, he said that the Mizzen were happy to work with the Dues Filli.. which is a lie. What they did do is remain on a planet, while they were told ages ago that they had to leave. And they kept burning and destroying all kinds of things there which did not belong to them, 'gather data' as they call it.." Akladai then turned back to Ven.

"What he also forgot to mention was that I offered to fix them. I can make them reconnect to the shared conscious, and clear this part of their memories effectively removing any damage I ever did. Also he says that he doesn't want me to be 'punished', that he only seeks justice. I think justice is about making up for your mistakes, and second chances. Which is why I ask to be punished, but a different kind of punishment then he asked for. As I do admit that what I did was wrong, and do feel that I must be punished."

He turned back to all the gods as he said, "I wish to get a chance to right my wrongs, fix the mizzen I damaged and get a change to make it up to them and the Mizzen society as a whole. I cannot do this when my powers are taken from me however. That is why I ask to be sentenced to repent for my crime, by repairing the damaged Mizzen and repenting in any other reasonable way Ven can think of." He was silent for a few moments before finishing his defense by saying. "This is the first trial which is held between the gods. I just hope that this trail will be about justice and repenting... rather then simple revenge and old grudges along with back room politics."

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
Cassiel

As Cassiel came bursting in to the court room, he saw Ven's testemony from Woof and then saw Akladai's. He had a bit to add. Cassiel spoke out loud to the other gods and said "I have a bit more evidence to add to this proceeding. Simple facts and statements, really."

Cassiel teleported to where Ven and Akladai were and said "The Mizzen aren't the only race affected recently. In fact, both the Lainir and Dwarves have been sent through similar brain altering transformations put in place clearly by Melanthios's demigods."

Cassiel held up a small orb and made it large enough for everyone to see. It began showing videos of several leaders and citizens of both the Lainir and Dwarves speaking of how the Deus Filli had converted them.

"As you can see, this is clearly divine action in place. Countless millions have been essentially enslaved against their will by Melanthios's demigods and this can not be allowed to stand. These two different offences will need to be further investigated later, but for now, I think it's fairly clear that Akladai was simply following what he saw to be the normal. That taking away free will is fine. As gods we have an obligation to the mortals. We are in a position of power over them and we can not allow ourselves to abuse it. This case will greatly influence how we as gods value free will and will further impact society in the future. Make the right decision here. If he is found guilty, I make no promises as to the punishemnt as that is still yet to be decided. I think it is clear he is guilty of a high crime however. Thank you for your time."

Cassiel then teleported back to Roe and said quietly, "Grave times."

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
The Storyteller

"As Roe's memories from the night before came flooding back to him, he remembered that he had created the Crown of Chaos to show his dominion over the Garden in which the spirits of children played and all those who followed him. Meanwhile Zareth bound his servant Demens to himself with an enchanted chain so he would know all of the actions committed by the untrustworthy demon,"

"Wait, what if you died when you were a kid but your Mama and Papa didn't go to the Garden because they didn't believe in Lord Roe?" a young girl asked anxiously, "Would you never see them again?"

The Storyteller smiled gently at her.

"You needn't worry about that young lady, Roe is a very understanding god and I'm sure he'd let your spirit leave for Cassiel's planet if you would prefer to be with your parents,"

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Lleu - 3/8 AP

He trudged through the wilds of Eld, taking in the savage sights sourly. It seemed that not even the Ekiruru were free. They were still bound to their fallen goddess, not so much in body as in mind. It had only taken a second or so for the Ekiruru to notice his presence, some attacked. Then Lleu shown them the might of a demigod. They had shirked from him ever since. Now he was alone yet again, surrounded by the forest and the chorus of hymns calling on Eldarwen to return. The hymns were driving him insane and he stomped to the what seemed like the main city, finally settling on entering the throne room.

"Who... are you?" The Ekiruru sat on the throne asked; hostility hidden behind the words.

Lleu smirked at the pathetic hint of a threat, "Lleu, I've come to ask some questions."

"Such as?" She replied, raising her hand. She noticed that the intruder was splattered with poison and still standing. The green liquid dripped off the black spikes. Somehow that armour seemed to glow with power. She dropped her hand and formed a fist. This one seemed strong. Almost as strong as Auctor and the others. Calling the guards would just led to unnecessary deaths.

Lleu moved closer to the Ekiruru and hissed, "Why do you continue to search for a dead goddess!? Why do you still bear the chains she slapped on you ever since your creation?! Tell me. Tell me!"

"We are... compelled to." She whispered, then raising her voice she stated, "The Queen of Nature is not dead. She has only gone on to explore the wilds beyond this one..."

"Bullshit." Lleu muttered under his breath.

Regardless of that comment, she continued, "...We too have been preparing for our own great journey as well. To follow in Her footsteps. To go on to the lands beyond. Now, is that all?"

Lleu stood there in silence.

However, that was just the calm before the storm. He shouted a wordless scream. The Ekiruru stared at him at if he were mad. Lleu was not mad, just in a state of fury. The chains were too tight for one of his power. He was bound himself to break those chains. Was she speaking of the land beyond the dark portal? The one on Evalon that caused the death of many an adventurer? They were insane. Utterly insane. And yet he could not fully stop it. Well, it seemed to be ingrained into their very minds. Let them die then. They were doomed anyway. Lleu punched the floor, emitting waves. The Ekiruru continued to stare at the madman...

> Inspire a bloody revolution against those who support the search for Eldarwen - DC = 13

Bonus(es):

> Anarchy [+4] - (The revolution will induce a state of anarchy.)
> Hatred [+2] - (Hatred of the obsession with Eldarwen.)

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Roe - 20, 1

"Has the jury reached their verdicts?" Calath inquired to the gathered gods, nods all around were the response. "Excellent, from left to right how do you find the defendant?"

"Guilty," Cassiel shrugged nonchalantly.

"Guilty," Aen agreed with a nod.

"Guilty," Zareth said slowly, keeping a close eye on Demens, who was growling softly.

"Not guilty!" Roe half-yelled, "this is stupid," he added, he couldn't believe that the gods were trying to force laws that they had never even been agreed upon on one of their own. This was worse than even written laws, this was a mob punishing a being for their own whims.

"Not guilty," Melanthios added with a swish of his cloak.

M'endar paused as it considered the so-called 'facts' presented to the court. Words... They were just words. Words could be twisted in many ways and Alkadai's words hinted at such a thing. Regardless it was not enough to persecute. "This one is not guilty..." M'endar concluded with a form of the arms.

All eyes turned on Daare, who simply looked down and repeated one word, "Guilty," A sigh of both relief and exasperation went through the court.

"Akladai, with the power invested in me by the divine rulers of this universe, I find you guilty of the crimes alleged by Ven." Calath intoned ceremonially, "Now, what sentence do the gods believe is just for this demigod's crimes?"

Petal - 4

"De duh duh," Petal murmured to herself as she awoke the house in the Hallowed Court, noticing to her disappointment that Roe was nowhere to be seen.

"Good morning Madam," an unfamiliar voice came from behind her. She spun around to see a neatly-dressed young boy holding a tray of food.

"Who are you?" she asked suspiciously, squinting at the friendly face.

"I'm Snow, I used to be a missionary before everyone was killed in Quadringa. It's really good to finally meet you Lady Petal,"

"Okay, thanks," Petal shrugged and tucked hungrily into the breakfast. She noticed a picture on the wall of her and Roe posing at their wedding.

"I don't even remember that photo being taken," she said aloud, before turning back to Snow, "What happened in Quadringa? Why were all the angels be so mean?"

"I was there when it all started," Snow replied darkly, "Their leader Zabekiel is pure evil, he asked for a meeting to talk with the Kinderven and missonaries, so we went along. He then told us we would have to follow his rules and when we said no, he tried to kill us all so he could blame the Kinderven for starting the war! The other angels did bad things too but he's the worst of them all, justice needs to be brought to him more than anyone."

"That's terrible," Petal replied, "I'll tell Roe all about him when he gets back. Wait, where is Roe?"

"The Lord is at the Entertainment Hall, they're holding a trial for one of Melanthio's demigods,"

"It sounds boring, poor Roe,"

*Credit to the "Anime Face Maker 2" application for assistance in creating this image

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
Melanthios froze up as he heard the other gods vote. He turned around to see Zareth and Daare. Daare was looking at the ground he seemed to at least want to avoid his gaze. This was his chance, he was sure he would listen to reason. And Daare was a peaceful sort of god, he was sure he could convince him to give his son a second chance.Hello Daare.. Its me Melanthios.." He hoped that Daare would reply from the bottom of his heart.

Daare heard the message, and looked around as if he had forgotten how the whole thing worked. To be fair, in the midst of the trial, and with the role he had played, the mad god's mind was as far from how telepathic messages worked as possible. Sorry, I'm sorry. He almost cried, just mentally. I just... he trailed off, although Daare himself looked as if he wanted to run away all of a sudden.

Melanthios saw his fear, he never meant for any of this to happen. "Its okay Daare calm down, I am not angry nor disappointed. You shared your opinion, and I am not angry because you did such a thing. Really its okay.." He send something like a mental hug to Daare, hoping that it would calm him down.

Melanthios tried to calm him down, but Daare was about to break down, both mentally and not. It's not, you're angry, I broke our friendship. The mad god stopped a moment. Tried to think it through. Just... I don't know. Don't know. At all.

"Calm down Daare, please. I know this must be tough for you, but I am not angry. Any god is entitled to their own opinion, and it would take much more then this to break our friendship. Just take a deep breath, and try to calm down okay?" Melanthios looked at Daare, and felt very sorry for him.

"Y-yeah." He calmed down, finally. "Why did this happen, Melanthios? Why did something like this happen, right after the wedding? Why did I have to vote? I----I didn't know what to vote... just... I don't think spending an entirety exploring the world would be a bad thing for anyone."

"I don't know why such a thing happened.. And well it might not sound bad, but for him it is, I know my son, without his powers I am.... I am afraid that he will take his own life.." Melanthios mental voice became very unstable after that. It took him a few seconds before he was able to speak again. "Listen Daare, I know my son screwed up I really do.. But can't he get a second change? Doesn't he deserve at least that, to get the chance to fix his mistakes? I will keep him in check from now on, make sure he doesn't do these kinds of things again.. Still I am begging you, please give my son a another chance.. I don't want to lose him.." Melanthios was fighting against tears, which began gathering in the corners of his eye.

Daare listened to Melanthios speak, and guilt consumed him even more."I---I---" This was not a situation the god of madness wanted to go through with. Suddenly, he stood up, speaking to everyone, basically yelling out. "I surrender! My right to vote! I mean... I never was here! Take my vote back! Remove it, I can't do this! I'm not fit to make a decision!" Daare gave it some thought. "I pledge insanity!" He made a gesture with his hands, and disappeared, having teleported away, not even bringing Frikk with him. He had teleported somewhere close to the portal so he could watch it. Daare was standing in the middle of the air, and he didn't know why. His carpet got under him, and he got even closer. "Melanthios, I don't know what that would change... just... I couldn't deal with it. I'm just a mad fool, I can't do stuff like that." With that, he broke the mental contact between the two, anything Melanthios tried to say would just be met with statics.

Melanthios watched as Daare fled. It was not a big surprise that he would... still.. if Daare wouldn't help him.. This would be sure to end badly for Akladai.

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Roe - 20, 1

"I surrender! My right to vote! I mean... I never was here! Take my vote back! Remove it, I can't do this! I'm not fit to make a decision! I pledge insanity!"

Everyone in the room stared at Daare during his sudden outburst. Once the mad god vanished, Calath coughed and smacked down his hammer twice to regain the room's attention.

"Have the gods decided on a sentence?" The devil enquired to the gathered gods. Roe stepped forward holding a rolled up piece of paper and began to read.

"We the gods have decided by a three to two vote, with two abs... ab-sten-shions... that Akladai should be sentenced to repair the five hundred Mizzen that he damaged and to help in any other reasonable way possible to repent for his crimes."

The Storyteller

The fire crackled and the faint howl of an animal could be heard in the distance as the Storyteller continued his tale dramatically, the shadows created by his waving arms almost seeming to come to life as he spoke.

"Whilst high up in the Hallowed Court gods debated laws and justice, Lleu tore through the wilds of Eld, inciting a five thousand strong rebellion against those such as Princess Eleora who prayed for the return of their divine Queen."

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
Ven - 5 AP

"We the gods have decided by a three to two vote, with two abs... ab-sten-shions... that Akladai should be sentenced to repair the five hundred Mizzen that he damaged and to help in any other reasonable way possible to repent for his crimes."

Ven stood there, motionless, as the sentence was read out. So. That was it. The madman who had forced his way into the hearts and souls of his brethren was not only escaping punishment, but was being told to go back and further toy with those mortals he had so callously harmed.

Justice as the gods saw fit, it seemed, was not the lofty ideal the Mizzen had once believed it was.

"I see," the synthetic began, bowing his head in Roe's direction as the child finished reading off the verdict. "Thank you for your time then, all of you. Truly, I appreciate you all humoring my attempt to seek justice for my kin. It was kind of you to do so."

Turning around, Ven began to slowly pace towards the other side of the chamber, pointedly looking at the wall and avoiding the eyes of any of the gods. "Now it seems I owe you all another apology. I promised to abide by your definition of 'justice', and please understand that when I said it I had every intent of doing so. But if you truly believe that justice involves taking a criminal, already found guilty by the court, and giving him access to the minds of those he willfully and cruelly abused... Then I am afraid I cannot keep my promise.

"Far be it from me to go against your decisions. But if you think for even an instant that I will stand by and watch as Alakadi 'helps' me and my brethren... Then you're even madder than Nivix himself.

"Again, thank you for your time. Rest assured, I will not be wasting it again."

With a snap of his fingers, the demigod vanished from the Entertainment Hall. And in the realm of steel and fire he threw himself into, there was not a single soul to hear his cries of rage and sorrow. Rage against the gods, the ones he had once considered fair and just. Sorrow for his kin, the ones who he could not procure justice for. Hate and anger, fear and grief...

But when he finally reappeared in the universe proper, Ven was finished screaming. There was one last thing he could do, one last way he could ensure the Mizzen were protected.

[hr]

The Stryfe in that snow-swept village had likely never seen a Mizzen before in their lives. Apparently the ones 'allowed' to live on Salustutis had never been able to come this far north. But Ven ignored all their surprised gasps and threatening roars. He didn't have time to deal with them right now.

Instead, he walked forwards, teleporting out of the way of the various attacks and projectiles hurled his way. His crimson eyes were locked on a medium-sized building on the outskirts of the village, one that belched fire, heat, and smoke from its various chimneys and openings. A smithy belonging to a certain legendary blacksmith.

Ven didn't bother to knock. Simply shoving the door open was much easier. Plus, it allowed him to see the look of slight surprise that briefly scrawled across the face of the building's sole occupant.

"Hello, Nivix. I need a favor."

Teleport to Salustutis: Effortless

Dogmatic99

Jun 24, 2012
Petal and Demens

Demens let out an annoyed sigh. Everything seemed to finish very anticlimactically. He had listened in intently, waiting for things to get well and truly interesting and then... they all cried and ran off in a huff. What was wrong with these people? This wasn't how gods were supposed to act! If ever there was a reason to crush someone's skull and throw the chunks to the wind wasn't it the stealing of your greatest pride?

"They've all fallen so far." He spat. "Pathetic."

While they were still stood around talking like bureaucrats Demens stalked off into the surrounding gardens. they were at least competent builders. And he had worked hard to get here. Even this crushing disappointment couldn't totally dampen Demens' mood at seeing the wonder of the Hallowed Court. Then he found something the stories had never mentioned. Children. Everywhere.

"Well this is interesting." Demens muttered to himself as he wandered through their ranks. Most were playing some gam or another and didn't seem bothered by him or didn't notice.

As Demens explored the garden, Petal sat quietly on one of the wooden benches by Roe's house, threading daisies together to form a delicate cloth of flowers. By her feet lay a golden cat, purring contentedly.

"You're going to like this cloak, Orchid," Petal told the cat happily.

"I hope so," the feline spirit replied and rolled on her back so Petal could stroke her bare feet against Orchid's furry stomach.

"Well aren't you the most beautiful thing I've ever seen?" Demens smiled sweetly.

He had seen the girl from across the garden. She was different to the others. Not just in her behaviour but her very presence. It was as if she radiated an aura of power... perhaps he could be of use.

Petal looked up in surprise at the demigod who spoke to her, promptly glancing downwards shyly in response to his compliment.

"Please, Madam!" Demens gave a deep bow and threw back his hood, revealing his face to the pale light of the court.

He looked young again, just as he had in ages past. His hair cut short, revealing the signature pointed ears of the Deus Filli. He held out his hand to Petal, gently raising her hand up in his long, slender fingers. he kissed the air just above her hand, as was the custom back in his time.

"Call me Demens. And who do I have the honour of Addressing?"

"I'm Petal," the young girl replied quietly with a half-smile as Demen's took her hand, avoiding the Filli's gaze, "Are you a demigod?" she added, "You look too old to be one of the children of the Garden..."

"Petal? THE Petal?" Demens gasp. "Well this... this is amazing! This is truly an honour. Outstanding!" Demense fell to one knee. "Madam! May I say I am humbled to finally meet the great lady herself. Why Evermoor was abuzz the day you rose to divinity. Your story was an inspiration to all of us!"

"Hahaha," Petal giggled at Demen's dramatics, "It was very nice of Roe to come back for me. Was everyone talking about it when I left?"

"Oh the afterworld never stopped talking about it my lady. Why for thousands of years I dreamed of following your suit and coming to this wonderful place. Of course I had more reason to stay." He looked up and stared deep into Petal's eyes. "And of course we are not all so beautiful as to win the heart of a god."

Petal smiled shyly again in response to Demen's compliment and unconsciously reached up to brush her hair over her disfigured eye, "You're quite handsome too Mister Demens," she said, "How did you get here from Evermoor? Did a god help you too?"

"Oh but who else." Demens whispered, halting Petal's hand and brushing her hair back behind her ear. "Zareth himself brought me back. He spent so much time with me in Evermoor, I was happy to stay. But now it's gone and we couldn't talk any more. Zareth missed me so much he plucked me from the beyond and gave me shape again. Why it happened only a few hours ago."

"I remember Zareth, he was a nice god," Petal said simply, placing the daisy cloth aside. Orchid curled up at her side and continued to stare at Demens suspiciously. "Why have you come to the garden?" the young girl asked curiously, "You're the only grown up around here for miles."

"I am?" Demens looked around himself, seemingly shocked. ?Silly me. Forgive me Lady Petal. I've been dead for so long and this is my first time in the Hallowed court. I thought I'd explore the place while Zareth was busy. I thought it could be an adventure and this place is so beautiful and so bright and the new afterlife was so dull and I didn't want to bother Zreth with my silly problems anyway-? Demens seemed to pick up more and more speed as he rambled on but then cut himself short, as if he had just realised what he'd just said.

"But listen to this old Filli. I'm sure you have better things to do than listen to me go on and on and on." He smiled sheepishly.

"It's okay!" Petal replied hurriedly, hoping she hadn't accidentally offended the Filli, "You seem nice, you can stay here if you want, there's lots of games we can play and everyone is really friendly here."

"Oh you are sweet to think of me my lady. But I don't think I would be much fun to play with." Demens clutched at the twisted, black chain wrapped around his neck and sighed heavily. He seemed to deflate.

"What's that around your neck?" Petal asked in concern, "It looks like it's hurting you."

"Oh it's fine madam, hosetly it's fine. It's just... well." Demens looked at the ground, shuffling his feet like some kicked puppy. "Zareth and I... we were such good friends. best friends. But on one of our adventures - we had lots of adventures - I made a mistake. A big mistake." His voice sounded like it had been soaked in shame. "And Zareth and I got into a big fight, we argued all the time anyway, we're like an old married couple sometimes. But this was different. Now he thinks he can't trust me! So he locked up my powers with this." He tugged t the chain. "But he's wrong! I swear he's wrong! If only I could show him. I just need the chance to prove that I can be a hero. I know I can make it up to him!"

Demens slowly ran out of steam after working himself up into a naieve sounding frenzy he sank back into melancholy. "Have you ever wanted to fix something so badly, Lady Petal?"

Petal nodded in reply. "When I was sent to Evermoor after I died I was really lonely, there were lots of other children there but none as fun or kind as Roe. My Mama and Papa never really cared for me so I didn't want to be with them either. I was in Evermoor for over a thousand years and every day I wished that I could fix myself and come back to life so I could play with Roe again. I'd rather be made to not exist than go back there again..." she trailed off, staring silently into the distance.

"you must be glad it's gone. I know I am." Demens nodded. "I wonder if the gods truly understand what it is like to be like us? I would love nothing more than to be able to fix things between Zareth and I." Demens perked up and snapped his fingers, as if he had just thought of a wonderful idea.

"My lady. What if you were to break my chain?" Demens asked eagerly, placing a hand on Petal's shoulder. "If I could get my powers back, I could show Zareth that I can still help him. Will you help me Lady Petal? It could be an adventure!"

"Zareth won't be angry at me will he?" Petal asked in a concerned voice, "He's my friend, I don't want to make him mad."

"Nonsense dear lady. Why he'll be so happy and so suprised when he finds out. You'll see, Zareth will kick himself for being so silly as to put this chain on me in the first place." Then Demens leant in close as if they were sharing a great secret. "And if he is then I shall tell him I did it." Demens winked.

"Okay," Petal laughed, "You seem like a nice man, I'll try to break it off."

She reached up to Demen's chain and with her finger's glowing began to cut through the chain like a knife through hot butter.

"Um, Petal?" Orchid meowed, "I'm not sure about this..."

"Shhhh kitty," the little demigod goaded, "I'm trying to concentrate... ah!" She took her hands away from Demen's neck and grasped in them was the chain, snapped in two.

"How do you fee nowl?" she asked the Filli happily.

Demens stood up to his full height, stretching his limbs out and cricking his neck. "Wonderful madam, wonderful. Thank you, I am eternally grateful." Demens grinned, his eyes glinting.

"Can you stay and play for a while?" Petal asked, "I bet Roe would love to meet you."

"Oh if only I could my lady. But the gods wont be long and I must be going if I'm to surprise Zareth. But please, take this." He closed Petal's hands around the broken chain. "As something to remember me by. If you ever need me, please, let me know."

And with that, Demens put his hood back up and headed off, his smile covered by shadows. "Farewell, Lady Petal!" He called back.

"Bye Demens, come back soon!" Petal waved as the Filli walked off, disappointed that he couldn't stay any longer. She turned back to the cat who was waiting patiently on the bench besides her "Now Orchid, where were we? Oh yeah, your cloak..."

Petal: Break the leash enchantment on Demens. DC 5 AP 1 +4 Compassion (After all Demens is preying on beseaching her compassion to get her to help him out.)

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
Research was a strange thing. All of the research Cassiel had done so far had been mostly on the Portal. Small accounts made by mortals of various types. They led to very little. This research however, was personal. To answer a question Cassiel had for so long now. Who was he really? It didn't take long to figure it out.

Lennonous was a leader type Girigori by nature back when Seith assigned everyone basic roles based on personality. He was the oldest of three siblings, the only three Girigori who's personalities clashed with their assigned jobs. Lennonous was the only one recorded as he went berserk one day when a human arrived on Coelus. The other two had their histories wiped, someone in authority wanted them gone at some point.

Recorded information was gone after that, Cassiel had thought it to be done. His brothers were likely killed, long forgotten relics of his lost life. This was in age four.

Cassiel stood alone in darkness. The trial was over, Akladai got a slap on the wrist and Ven...Cassiel hoped Nivix wouldn't be involved in this, but he didn't have time to deal with the madman. He had kept a special someone waiting long enough.

"I'm sorry, Roe."

Cassiel whispered to himself. He had a feeling something was going on in Coelus when...he reached out. A special kind of bond Cassiel discovered ages ago. He hadn't moved in on Coelus until then because if Roe had discovered the Kinderven situation without him and Petal around...Still, what would Seith say? Cassiel had told a lie for the first time in his immortal life. An actual lie.

It was time to fix things. All this time spent, so much time. Seith had planned this all along, given Zabekiel his ambitions, Lennonous his powers, and...just as that Enlightened bastard knew. Had he even gone so far as to predict his own death? Cassiel swore to himself, why didn't Seith give him better deduction skills? Cassiel kept trying to move out of Seith's plans, to make his own destiny but every step he took fell further into his own father's game. Everything had been predestined for him. Cassiel needed answers. He opened up a portal into the blackness that surrounded him, to meet an old friend.

"Hello, brother."

Inside the portal was whiteness, comfortable, but maddening and dull whiteness. "I am sorry about your accomidations and the time it took, but I couldn't let the others think I had something else in mind. It's...better if this was kept secret."

From the whiteness emerged a smaller figure. A kinderven with jet black hair and golden wings. His eyes were yellow and he spoke without emotion. "Lennonous, through all this time, I knew you would come back. Oh, sorry, I mean Cassiel. That's the name you go by now, right? Your attitude and movements made it obvious. I was able to tell the day after the Ekiruru incedent. Your memories were wiped after Seith was killed by Melanthios and M'endar. That all was made obvious. I was tempted to seek you, but I knew you would find me on your own in time."

"You always were the smart one Ezekiel."

"You the bold, and Zabekiel the ambitious. I almost thought he was going to kill me like his adoptive sister. He still hasn't figured out who you are, thinks you are his personal angel, a god under him."

Cassiel sighed. "Yes, I know now. I was too distracted earlier, but now it all makes sense. For what it's worth, what was it like when we were all together?"

Ezekiel laughed. "Zabekiel had always been jealous that you were destined to lead, you always hated it and so did he. I was pretty young then, one of the only children Seith made. I mostly ignored the two of you, wishing you had the other's job. Seith wanted you two to gain a passion for what you were truly made to do. Now look at the both of you, a god and the leader of Coelus, I'd say he did a pretty good job of that. Don't you think?"

Cassiel sat down and looked into the nothingness he had created. "All this time, we haven't talked as a family since the second age."

"It's alright. I have a plan that can work. I can even save Zabekiel while I'm at it."

"For his sake, I hope you are right."

Ezekiel stood up, he was only three feet tall but his hollow yellow eyes conveyed his decision. He was ready. He had been ready for quite some time. "Do it."

Create a demigod with the attribute +4 Reason:

+2 Flames

+6 Bravery

+4 Hope

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Roe and Petal

Roe ran happily through the garden of the Hallowed Court, glad to finally get away from the trial. He was disappointed that Akladai had been found guilty but at-least the demigod wouldn't be punished too hard. He spotted Petal sitting quietly at a bench by their house and hopped up to her.

"Hey Pets,"

"Roe!"

"Anything happen?"

"I met a nice man called Demens and helped him a bit,"

"Huh," Roe replied disinterestedly, "the trial was really boring, except..."

"Wait!" Petal interrupted suddenly, "This morning one of the kids told me something important..." She recounted to Roe everything that Snow had told her, the young god becoming increasingly angry as she did so.

"We have to tell Cassiel about this, come on!" He took his young wife by her hand and they sprinted together through the garden back towards the court house. The pair came across a huge figure sitting cross-legged by the portal, muttering to himself.

"Pentar?" Roe breathed, realising it had been more than an age since he had last seen the god of justice. The giant man's hair was falling out and he had a crazed look in his eyes. "No wonder he didn't turn up at the trial," Roe said aloud, before turning to Petal. "Stay back where it's safe," he warned her and then slowly approached the sitting god. "Pentar, are you okay?"

"They're coming, they're all coming for us..." the deranged god murmured before turning to Roe with a manic gaze, "he's coming now!"

A multitude of tiny black creatures suddenly exploded from the portal, their numerous legs covering Pentar in an instant as they crawled over him and began consuming his flesh, the giant god hardly even seeming to resist.

"Holy shit!" Roe exclaimed and instinctively reached for Skye, grabbing the pistol out of his pocket and firing a few shots into the maelstrom of tiny void monsters. When he realised the bullets didn't appear to be having much of an effect, he morphed the weapon into a curved sword and leapt into the fray, diving and weaving between the vicious creatures. A few fell onto his blade but soon they resisted him as a mass and the young god was forced back away from the portal, only able to fend for himself whilst Pentar dissolved before his eyes.

"Help!" Roe called out in his mind to every other god in the universe, "there's things coming out of the portal again and they're attacking everything!"

Within moments, Aen, Cassiel, Daare, Melanthios and Zareth had all appeared behind the young god, with expressions ranging from curiosity to horror.

[hr]

The Storyteller

The Storyteller's voice began low and foreboding as he told the next part of his long tale.

"Having been blinded by Demen's charm, young Petal broke the chain binding the demigod to Zareth, allowing him to run free. Meanwhile on Coelus, Cassiel raised up a being to become a new demigod to protect the Grigori if he should be away, for he as many others could sense something dark was stirring in the portal, it's beady eyes set on our own universe!"

Effortless: Roe sends a message to Aen, Cassiel, Daare, M'endar, Melanthios, Nivix and Zareth.

Note: Cassiel's demigod action pass conditional on more details being released within a reasonable timeframe

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Roe, Cassiel and Petal

With the other gods at his back, Roe ran forwards and leapt back into the fray, waving his short sword frantically at the monsters around him. The spider-like void creatures were hard to hit but as soon as they were struck they dissolved into clouds of ash. The air was soon cleared and a minute later Roe, Daare and Zareth stood exhausted but relieved. Cassiel, Aen and Melanthios remained in the background, and M'endar appeared behind them, apparently having just arrived at the scene. The young god wiped his brow in relief and then tip-toed up to Pentar to check the god's condition. All that was left of the great warrior was bones, picked entirely clean, not even a shining domain like Ailish had left. Roe turned in despair to the other gods standing silently around the departed deity.

"What do we do now?" he asked.

Cassiel looked down at the pile of destroyed creatures. He was glad nobody aside from Pentar was hurt. He always felt something was off about the god, but this...this wasn't a fate anyone deserved.

"Too many of us have fallen to what resides in this portal. I know what's inside and I think I know what it wants to do to us. This was only the beginning. From now on, if anyone goes anywhere alone, this could be the end result. I am going into this portal to destroy whoever ordered this. Who's with me?"

"I am!" Roe shouted in what he hoped was a brave voice and swung his sword around eagerly. He felt a tap on his shoulder and turned to see an unhappy Petal behind him.

"Why do you have to go so soon?" the little demigod asked sulkily, "We only got married yesterday!"

"Those bad monsters from the portal... they'll kill everything if we don't stop them before it's too late." Roe replied earnestly "I've got to be a hero, like I swore to you back in Evermoor all those years ago remember? Look after the humans and the Kinderven and the Ekiruru for me.. and Woof."

"I will Roe. Promise you'll come back soon though,"

"I promise. Oh wait, I almost forgot, your whistle,"

Roe passed the wooden whistle over to Petal and then holding her tightly, kissed her passionately on the lips. After a few seconds they broke apart, the young god winked and then turned and without looking behind him, ran and jumped headfirst into the portal. It shimmered momentarily and then the child god disappeared into the darkness, gone beyond the boundaries of our universe to settle once and for all the puzzle of the Broken Heavens.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Dåre, 25, 2

"Too many of us have fallen to what resides in this portal. I know what's inside and I think I know what it wants to do to us. This was only the beginning. From now on, if anyone goes anywhere alone, this could be the end result. I am going into this portal to destroy whoever ordered this. Who's with me?"

Dåre looked at the portal. He longed to go inside, to explore it. Perhaps for other reasons. "I'm in." He said. "Well, not actually in, I'm in soon. Currently I'm almost in, very close to go enter." Dåre looked away from the portal, finally, to see who else was with them.

Dåre noticed Frikk, the bird seemed intent on protecting him, and entering along-side him. "Frikk, I need you to stay and watch, okay? Ilea is your responsibility. Also, I will need the dream-flute. I have a feeling I will have more of a use for it than you." In a moment of seeming almost sane, Dåre stood with the flute in his hand, feeling melancholy, as if he knew something worrisome would happen.

"Bye, Frikk, I'll see you soon, I hope." However, this mood changed quickly, and the very next moment he picked up Frikk, and hugged the bird demigod as it resisted, never having liked being picked up. "I'll see you soon my friend! Don't eat any bad strawberries!" He let go of Frikk, finally.

"Now, fly wonderfully! Strangely? Wait, can you even fly?" He checked Frikk's wings. "I don't think you can..." Frikk made a sound that could translate to: "I love you Dåre," but probably was closer to: "Yeah, yeah, I get it, bye," and teleported away.

When he was gone, Dåre looked back at the portal. The others wanted to end what was inside, he simply wanted to see it. It felt like a place where he would be home. Then again, so did Ilea. So did the cage back then. Even if he would not treat the dangerous, perhaps wonderful world behind the portal like a home, at least he would like to see it, once. Trice? Probably would be just once.

Dåre jumped onto the carpet, and held the flute in his hands, before he entered the portal, curiosity and longing side by side.

Dogmatic99

Jun 24, 2012
Zareth 23/2

"Agreed. Whatever's lurking byond that portal is getting bolder. If we don't stop it it'll only be a matter of time before it spreads to the mortal realm." Zareth nodded grimly, tightening his grip around Midnight's hilt.

Memories of what had happened to Tsuronte flashed through his mind. Compared to that what had happened to Pentar could be considered a kindness. And I'd hoped I'd never have to set foot in that place again. A place where everything's dead but nothing's allowed to die. Damnit Ailish.

"Car!" Zareth called back behind him. "Keep an eye on Demens While I'm away." he couldn't afford to let Demens run unchecked, but there was no way Carnivox could go back to the void and bringing Demens with him would only lead to trouble. This would have to serve as a temporary solution. He hoped.

"I won't be long." Zareth called back to the wolf as he stepped through the withered gate.

Carnivox 8AP

One stupid thing after another with this lot! Stupid sods couldn't even kill someone properly. They should have broken that portal years ago like he told them to. And what was up with that trial? If someone goes against the pack you don't stand around gossiping like old Rowan ladies! You beat them down till they don't get up again. It's simple!

"They should all just listen to me. They make everything way more complicated than it has to be."

Carnivox stalked through the garden sniffing att he air. He'd smelt Demens the moment that mad Filli had shown up at the entertainment hall. The old warden had even creeped Car out back in Evermoor. It had always made him want to avoid using the Filli gate. Not that he did it much anyway, that lot re so boring.

The scent was getting stronger, it had elad him in circles for a while until finally coming on to a clearing full of... children?

"Roe." He said flatly. This whole thing reeked of Roe. And tucked away inside it was Demens' smell. Car ignored the funny looks he got from the assembled children as he honed in on his quarry, finding a basic little shack.

"Hey!" he called out. "Hey, who's there?" He ducked down, looking through one of the tiny windows. "has anyone seen a crazy Filli around the place?"

The scent almost stopped dead around a little bench near the playhouse. It was faint but there. It took him a while but Car was able to follow it down some of the more clearly set paths. It kept leading him back to that Petal girl though, that couldn't be right.

"Aw crap, where the hell has he gone?"

Demens 8AP

This place was... ridiculous.

Demens sat perched on the ridge of one of the countless diamond spires that dotted Coelus. The ecosystem made no sense, and on top of that it was dull! Never changing. And the angels! They were just like the Filli, set and rooted in their ways. All of them so happy to be a tiny cog in a meaningless machine. Going about their dreary lives with dreary routine.

There was no conflict. No ambition. Nothing interesting at all. This was how it always went. He had wandered their gaudy streets, taking in the sights and propaganda. Sniggering at the idiotic images of this being they called Zabekiel. So this was the leader.

"Their one true leader." Demense blathered in a mocking tone.

Eventually he came across a city unlike the others. The architecture was different, the light duller. All of them went about their lives in a state of melancholy. The whole place reeked of another god's being.

"A good start but too simple in design." Demens mused.

It was certainly a pleasent way for one of the gods to show their dominance in an apropriate way. But it's lasting effect was self defeating.

"But perhaps I can help with that." Demens flexed his fingers and ethereal chains began to creep out from his robes like snakes. More and more of them poured out, splitting apart form each other, rising and falling hungrily as each one saught out a target of its own. Each of them opening up their links and biting into the first Grigori they found. Unseen and unfelt by their mortal senses.

Demens spasmed briefly, clenching his eyes shut and writhing with his new found power. His whole being coming over with a sense of euphoria. This was like nothing he had ever felt when he was alive. the power he had held as a mortal sorcerer paled in comparison.

"Time to get some practice." Demens whispered to himself with demonic glee.

Demens: DC 9 AP 3 Affect/Curse 500 Mortals for the duration of their natual lives.

+4 Chain Magic (Demens is using a divinly powerd version of the necromancy spells he knew in his mortal life. The chains are biting into the nearby mortals and sinking into their blood. Driving them to homicidal madness from the pain and tainted magic.)

Assuming this passes then the mortals will come to know this as "The chain sickness" Due to one of the visible symptoms being patches of blood vessels rising to the surface of the skin in the pattern chain links. The victims eyes become bloodshot and their pupils shrink down to pinpoints. They lash out and attack any non-sufferers in sight. They frequently cough up small mounts of blood, causing the plague to spread. (This is all if it passes of course.)

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
It was several days since the mass had first been spotted by Evalon star-gazers, thousands upon thousands of tiny shimming lights flying across the night sky, getting larger by the hour. Hysteria ensured when it was determined that the mass' origin was Coelus and many proclaimed this was the beginning of the end of days as talking about in the Book of Rowan, when evil would walk Evalon unheeded. The military was put on full alert and all eyes watched for where the approaching starwhales would eventually land.

Bizarrely the angels didn't head for Almia, or even Olegard, but passed over both to the great relief of their inhabitants. Instead it was the quiet, mountainous centre of Ortaw where the whales finally dived down into the atmosphere and towards the ground. The news of their projected landing site had been radioed ahead hours before and so it was Squadron B20 who eventually made first contact.

Five dragons ridden by Changelings approached the mass of descending Grigori, accompanied by three Kinderven on velociflies who kept a careful eye on the surroundings while the dragon riders were occupied. The leading rider with flaming red hair called out to nearby Grigori, using her radio at the same time.

"Do you read me? You are in airspace of the United Republic of Evalon, please identify yourselves and your purpose immediately!"

As the convoy finally approached the ground, Sophia heard her radio go off. Human chatter had been loud for a while as expected, but this came directly, though it had a simple intention. "We come in peace, human. I request that you don't meet us with guns, it's easier that way. You know I can't lie, so when I say I come in peace, I mean iit."

"We are armed for our protection and the law of this state," the lead rider replied, "you outnumber us eight by a considerable margin, you have my word that none of this Squadron will attack except in self-defence. Now I know you are Grigori but what is your purpose here?"

"Coelus has a vested interest in restoring relations with humans. Having a settlement in areas currently unoccupied is a good start. Considering so few have shown up, I think it's fair to say nobody has settled here yet. Do remember, we aren't at war."

The lead rider glanced uncomfortably at the Kinderven riders when the Grigori mentioned relations, she hoped none of them would do anything stupid, "I'm afraid you are landing on territory that is sovereign to the United Republic and therefore your presence is contrary to several immigration laws and the exclusion act. Unless any of you have valid and signed visas, then I must request you exit Republic territory immediately."

Sophia caught herself from laughing and quickly responded. "You know as well as I that such a law won't last. Besides, frankly, I am surprised you are at all comfortable with how your race acquired these lands. Also, the whales are tired. We are going to have to land. Go run back and send a few diplomats. I am sure a solution can be reached."

"I must warn you," the lead rider stared coldly at the Grigori, "the Republic can and will use force to remove illegal immigrants and occupiers from our territory if you do not comply with our laws. If you truly wish to restore relations with humanity then residing in a neutral territory such as that of the Mizzen would be advisable."

"I mentioned we come in peace. I realize you humans practically invented wars and have an odd love for them, but you have no use for these mountains. Aside from that, if you decide to start a war the loss of life will be on you. There is no need for bloodshed however, I certainly hope we won't need it anyway. You will find me to be a bit less emotional than my Emperor. Besides, I am also overlooking the kidnapped citizens of Coelus currently held. You guys are in direct violation of Coelus's laws so we can call it even for now."

"Ha," it was the lead rider's turn to laugh, "Coelus' laws are worthless on this planet. While our race has many sins the Lord Roe must forgive, thankfully murdering thousands of innocent children in cold blood isn't one of them." She turned her dragon and signalled for the other seven to follow her, "you'll hear again from us soon!" she called back as Squadron B20 zoomed eastwards away from the mass.

Hardy flopped down in one of the leather chairs provided in the cosy meeting room and stared at the glass of brandy in his hand, still exhausted by the chaos that the last week had brought. First the panic at the prospect of a Grigori invasion from above, then onto the occupation of "Neor" as the newspapers had dubbed the new city that the clankers had been mysteriously building in the mountainous center of Ortaw, he had been lucky to get a few hours sleep here and there. He only hoped the citizens who had already moved to Neor were being treated well. Now he waited in one of numerous military bases set up along the east coast of Ortaw for the arrival of his counterpart Sophia and to find out what the Grigori really wanted. He saw a golden opportunity not only to bring the angels back onto the Republic's side but also to placate the religious voters who had been getting louder than ever for the past year.

As Sophia walked calmly into the office, the humans seemed very antsy. Zabekiel's showing had only poked the flames of human aggression, but she knew from listening to him that Hardy was provacative. Unlike Zabekiel however, Sophia, chief of foreign affairs, was cold and calculating. Compassionate as any other Girigori, but she had long closed herself off to emotions, they only proved problematic when dealing with others. Every step she took was a formula, a problem to be solved, graceful, calculated. Sophia was a genius by Girigori standards and could probably talk her way out of any situation. Still, avoiding war here would be tough. Before she had left her office, she had held what she coined, the last resort. A button that if pushed, would make the city serve a new purpose. She wouldn't give Zabekiel his war.

As she approached Hardy, Sophia's green glowing eyes locked on to him and she reached out a gloved hand. "Hello President Sharulk. My name is Sophia, I am in charge of foreign relations on Coelus. Sorry about not announcing this, but I felt if I had, you would have sent a much larger army than a few riders to meet us."
[5/15/2013 7:45:54 PM] JoJo: Hardy smiled unconvincingly as he reached out to grasp Sophia's hand tightly, "Here on Evalon, we generally only use family names rather than given names with a title, unless one is royalty, but it's an understandable mistake," he replied, "since you have introduced yourself by your given name, feel free to call me Sharulk though," He sat back down and offered the Grigori a glass of brandy, "it is true what they say, that the Grigori are here to mend relations with our nation?"

Sophia placed the brandy down near her and proceeded to forget about it. She never let anything cloud her judgement, half of Zabekiel's yellings could well have been the spiced wine he loved to drink during these meetings. "Assuming you don't invade the city, that is my plan, yes."

"Excellent to hear," Hardy leaned back in his chair and smiled again, "I have a proposal for a deal that would allow our two nations to normalise relations with each other, perhaps to levels even closer than before the Quadringa incident. On offer would be a complete repeal of the Grigori Exclusion Act, the release of all Grigori prisoners held by the Republic and access to significant resources in these new lands of ours. How does that sound to you?"

Sophia's eyebrows raised at that. She had expected some negotiations, but Hardy was being very strong at the start. Still, she knew what this would mean. Quadringa going back to the Kinderven. She didn't hate them as much as Zabekiel, but she still understood why they were killed. One doesn't get away with attempted assassinations after all.

"Let me guess, for this, you want Quadringa. You do realize why the war happened in the first place, right?"

"I understand completely," Hardy shrugged, "To be honest, I'm not too keen on the little buggers myself, most of the one's in my staff are a real pain in the arse and if the Lord Roe really does exist, why he thought giving such deadly powers to seven year old's was a good idea I'll never know. The problem I have is the Republic is filled with religious voters who won't let up on the issue until the 'sacred grounds' are returned to the kids. I therefore have a proposal for the rebuilding of Quadringa that would suit both sides."

Sophia looked at Hardy intently and said. "Please, continue."

"The Republic would be willing to fund and support a great wall surrounding Quadringa, one so high and thick that it would completely isolate the city from the rest of the planet. This wall would be staffed by our own men and women to make sure the Kinderven stay firmly in the city, which itself would come under our sovereign control. No Grigori would ever have to enter again... assuming they didn't want to."

Sophia shrugged and said "Mind me asking why they want to come back at all? I mean, I get religious reasons and whatnot, but after a message like the one Zabekiel sent, I am not sure I would want to if I was a Kinderven."

"It was the site of their 'Children's Republic', a nation run for the kids, by the kids," Hardy replied with a chuckle, "They live on almost every habitable planet but are never more than a small minority, even here, I guess every group wants a homeland that they can call their own."

"Just too bad how they got it I suppose." Sophia remembered the day they announced it. The attack. It took so long to contain it. "I remember when every angel thought Roe had dropped the apocalypse on us." Sophia looked at Hardy directly in the eyes now. "If this happens, Zabekiel is going to give me a lot of shit about it. He was there in the massacre you know? His parents were one of the ones killed when the Kinderven rose. Oh, also, I heard him complain non-stop about how you lied to him. If we are to have relations in the future, quick tip, never lie. I won't threaten to kill you over it, unlike Zabekiel, but we get a really nasty headache from it. Not a pleasant experience." Sophia sighed. "If the Kinderven are Girigori in origin, we will need to make it a dome. We learned pretty fast that the Kinderven will simply fly over walls when curious."

"While there are less Grigori Kinderven than there were a year ago, they are still among the most common after human ones," Hardy said thoughtfully, "a glass dome or magical? We would probably only be able to do the latter with your help, and either way it would need some sort of door to let spacewhales in and out. Could be done, though,"

"Glass or diamond could do pretty well for that. We send Clankers over and that would cover most of it." Sophia was surprised at how well this went over, almost as if Zabekiel had planned the whole thing out. Almost. His contingency plan made it clear he was ready for war. Still, Sophia would be happy to destroy it. "Well, if that's the case, I will probably be staying on Evalon for a while. I will have to present this to Zabekiel, but he mostly agrees with me. We will have to do this gradually, but I think it could work."

"Excellent," Hardy replied, "we still have the pressing issue of your fellow Grigori in Neor to consider however, technically they and even you are in violation of the law by your mere presence here. We can use a 'stay of powers' to allow them to stay a short time but beyond that... new legalisation will be needed. I assume once relations are patched up most of them will be returning to their home planet?"

"Assuming the exclusion act is gone soon, the city will likely see us come and go. Some will wish to stay but really, that's up to them. Many came to see Evalon if I am going to be honest. Until recently, if you left Coelus, returning was impossible. This was because the older rulers wanted to keep us out of foreign affairs, they feared other planets would corrupt us. Seith never once truly talked to us, but I feel he intended for us to remain isolationist for a time. Cassiel's rise signifies that this time is done and that a new age has come for the Girigori. Basically, I expect a mix of permenant and temporary residents. Those that were held prisoner will likely wish to return to where they once lived. Most are older than the Republic itself and left Coelus for a reason." Sophia shrugged again. "I personally don't care one way or the other. Most Girigori are free to make their own choices in life, we only restrict violent acts on Coelus and now that Zabekiel rules soverign, most ancient laws that were impossible to remove have been excised like malignant tumors. He is really emotional, but he is a good guy all in all. That's my opinion anyway. I will be staying here for the next five hundred years or so to make sure everything is running smoothly for the Girigori here so if you need anything, don't be afraid to come over. Any humans that want to come into the city are welcome, just keep from being violent. You will find that is often our only request, aside from the Lenonous types."

"Hm, we still need to discuss how the city will be run," Hardy said, "Do you know of Minas Kei? It is autonomous city within the Republic which is governed jointly by us and Mizzen and I would propose a similar relationship with Neor, so it's residents are not so tightly bound to the laws of Ortaw or however many states the continent is eventually broken into. Is that agreeable to you?"

"Something like that could work. Each law will need to be looked at, but we both know that we have people for that. Some kind of leader will need to be decided, but that will probably be left to my people. I don't have time to lead anything and Zabekiel is busy as it is."

Hardy nodded, "Federal laws would of course be automatically applicable in the city as they are in any other part of the Republic but as I'm sure you'll find, we aren't a controlling people by nature. Once we have this written up as a treaty, how soon will you be able to get a signature from Zabekiel?"

"As of this moment, I heard he was headed to Eld, but I can sign if I get his permission. So probably a day or two. Have you heard about what is happening on Eld?"

"Their chief Princess Eleora is a key ally of the Republic, we heard the news through our embassy in Ayamine a few days ago. It's most surprising I must say, the Ekiruru never seemed the sort to start some religious war over their mythical long-dead Queen but we'll be protecting our investments there of course,"

Sophia remembered Eldarwen quite well. The new Eld was certainly a change from the old. The humans were too young to properly write it down, but the Girigori never died. They remembered. "I encouraged Zabekiel to stay far away from it. I think he will listen."

"He best be careful if he wants to deal with them, they're a strange people on Eld. However many times I tell them, they are insistent that Roe is female and that him and Petal are young sisters somehow related to the old Queen... of course the stories are never the same, just like our religious here on Evalon," Hardy chuckled again.

"If I told you what the first humans thought the gods were like. I am not sure you would believe me." Sophia got up, leaving a full glass of brandy on the table. "It was good meeting you. There is something important we will need to discuss soon though. One Girigori came back recently during the exclusion act, a true member of the Vigil. He said he had recently gone searching and had discovered something troubling. His mind was so far broken that even our best healers couldn't cure his insanity, but we managed to extract the location from him. His last words were that we should prepare."

"Well, I'm sure even the Grigori have their nutcases," Hardy laughed and shook hands again with the angel, "It was good meeting you too, Sophia." he said before mentally shrugging and adding what he had been considering for the second half of the conversation, "say I'm divorced and so... you want to get dinner some time together? I know some really good restaurants in Almia,"

Had Hardy said he was half Verr and a demigod, Sophia would have been less surprised. That was just about the last thing she anticipated. "W-won't your citizens freak out? I mean, I..."

Hardy shrugged, "When you're in the nation with several different races people get used to that sort of thing pretty quickly, my ex-wife and daughter are Changelings and heck, they say Orchid the Martyr herself was married to an Ekiruru. We'd have to keep it on the low while the Grigori are still being rehabilitated but... just putting the idea out there." He bent down and quickly scribbled a few numbers on a scrap of paper before passing it to Sophia, "Here, this is my presidential radio frequency, just tune in if you're ever around Almia and in the mood,"

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
President Hardy

"The copy of the treaty of East Ortaw from the Grigori Empire has arrived, sir,"

Hardy glanced up at the messenger and grabbed the scroll of paper off him, unrolling it to read the text with a hungry eagerness. Spread out before him was not only everything he and Sophia had agreed without exception in both Rowan runes and the Grigori script but also Zabekiel's signature at the bottom to complete it.

"Excellent news," he sighed with a satisfied smile, re-election was in the bag, "get the recording studio ready, I have an announcement to make."

That night there were countless parties across Evalon as the religious Rowan and Kinderven joined together for a planet-spanning celebration, with so many fireworks let off that the colours could be seen by the inhabitants of Oculus Pets. The next morning a fleet was launched from Almia to Ortaw, not of soldiers but of bureaucrats, to register each of the Republic's newest citizens and to teach them on how to be a part of human majority society. The same day ten Grigori prisoners blinked happily as they were released from the military camp they had been imprisoned in for many months and in Manor lawmakers sat down and began to the preparations for the rebuilding of Quadringa and the re-establishment of the Children's Republic, this time under the guiding hand of Evalon. By the willingness of each side and the grace of the Lord Roe peace had finally been secured and very few were sorry that the spectre of war had turned out to be nothing more than that: a ghost which vanished when day came.

[hr]

The Storyteller

"Once he had been released by Petal, Demens found his way to Coelus and on the site where Quadringa once stood created the 'chain sickness', a terrible ailment which made the afflicted attack non-sufferers on sight."

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
Cassiel/Ezekiel

Panic. Murder. Another violent plague has spread across Coelus, while it was easy to restrain and stop the spreading, the damage was clear. Almost a thousand were infected once all was said and done and there didn't seem to be any cure. The best magics the Girigori had were made to cure insanity and disesase, but this was no ordinary plague.

"It has to be divine." Ezekiel said calmly in his monotone voice, hunched over a radio speaking to the one person he let get close. "In fact, I'd say I already have a few suspects in mind..."

"Divine plagues on Coelus again!?" The voice was deep and alarmed, the last time this had happened was when Roe forced the Kinderven upon the Girigori. This plague seemed much worse. Ezekiel was looming over files he had "borrowed" from authorities at the scene. "It seems it spreads via blood contact, causes intense pain and irritation. Whoever has this disease viciously attacks anyone without it and attempts to spread it further."

As a Kinderven, Ezekiel wasn't unfamiliar with this type of spreading. Even then, the Kinderven virus wasn't nearly as mallicious as this clear attempt to destabalize the Girigori. "Whoever did this, will need to be brought to justice. A swift execution will put this matter to rest, I can then work on finding a cure."

Ezekiel frowned. He would probably have to fight whoever did this. It was unlikely to be any of Melanthios's demigods, such a plague wasn't widespread enough to be of any use to them, and they are typically much more methodical. No, this was the act of a childish revenge seeking lunatic serial killer with too much power in his hands. Ezekiel pushed a button on his radio and said "I am going to take a closer look."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ezekiel found his new powers to be quite convenient when it comes to basic research. Until now, movement was difficult, he had to hide and use disguises to appear as a simple child. Now he just had to teleport and he was there. Ezekiel grabbed a Girigori who was afflicted and teleported the two of them back to his base. He then created a small camera and started filming his process for record keeping.

Ezekiel's temporary home after his Quadringa base was unfortunately destroyed by his brother's war was pretty bare bones. A radio and not much else in the abandoned apartment complex about twenty miles from the city. Dense forests covered the area and blocked off most eyes. Even if this Girigori escaped, he wouldn't be able to harm anyone.

Ezekiel drolled "This recording is both a record and proof of what an unspecified demigod has decided to do to the Girigori populace. I am going to investigate the exact cause and determine what has afflicted this particular angel. Outward appearance is troubling, the individual has enlarged veins and is in a very obvious amount of pain. He will attack anyone in his path...except for those who are also afflicted with the disease."

The Girigori attempted to attack Ezekiel but the demigod of reason overloaded the angel's thoughts and quickly knocked him out. Sprawled over the floor, he would be easy to examine. Ezekiel made a scalpel appear out of the air and looked at the angel's forearm. His veins were clearly popping out and were segmented, almost like a chain. Ezekiel sighed and made a slight incision into the Girigori's arm, Ezekiel snapped his fingers and put the angel in a temporary state of death in order to stop the flow of blood without destroying the angel's arm. With the blood flow stopped, Ezekiel was able to clearly see what was happening.

"Magic chains. Burrowed into the bloodstream and causing intense pain to the victim."

Ezekiel quickly undid his work and sent the Girigori back into his old jail cell. He considered undoing the spell, but he wasn't powerful enough yet. He made the camera finish recording and placed the tape elsewhere to be watched later. He was hoping he wouldn't have to, but Ezekiel sent a message to Cassiel. "Brother, I need you to put me at the level of other demigods. Something has come to my attention, I know you are busy so I won't waste either of our times explaining. Just do it."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassiel sighed. He was just finishing a speech and now this. He wasn't quite leaving yet so he quietly made a movement towards Ezekiel's location. An item of decent power made to enhance his brother's powers to that of the rest. "Fine, I don't know what this is for, but be careful." Cassiel pointed Stardust in the direction he was sending it and used the flames to help form the diamond into something more useful. A small ring that only Ezekiel would know the true purpose of. One that would give him an enhanced control over his chosen domain of reason.

Create an item with +2 reason

+6 Bravery, +4 Hope, +2 Flames

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Roe - 20, 1

Roe stumbled through the portal and landed on his backside on a gloomy stretch of grey sand, a similarly colourless ocean lapping at his bare feet. He jumped up and spun around with his short sword at the ready but there was no-one in sight, nor the portal itself. The young god looked up at the sky and spotted two familiar moons in the horizon, one large and one small.

"Is this... Evalon?" Roe muttered to himself.

[hr]

The Storyteller

"As Cassiel created a ring of power to double the power of his demigod Ezekiel, the humans and Grigori were finally able to bury the hatchet and prevent their worlds falling into a terrible war. Thus ended the Fifth Age and it would be another five hundred years until the final age of our tale began: the Sixth Age."

The children nodded and glanced at each other knowingly.

"Yes," the Storyteller said solemnly, "This was to be an age where it seemed as though the gods themselves had withdrawn from the world, at-least for the beginning. Great technological leaps were to be had by many races with giant men made from metal, ships that could sail through the depths of space, machines that could think for themselves and many other wonders. In this age mortals would come to consider themselves divine... and how wrong they were they would find out soon enough. First though there is one loose end to tie up from the Fifth Age, for as the age ended the Ekiruru of the planet Eld were embroiled in rebellion between the Eldarwen-supporting establishment and divinely inspired insurgents. Who won in the end? Well..."

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
M'endaxius - 30/30 AP, 2/2 MP

The Deceiver could only sigh as the crowd of deities watched as Pentar was consumed. Yet another god it wanted to have words with. So many of them had died over the ages. The portal had brought only trouble from the beginning, why would they want to step into such a thing? Then again, it was familiarity, not foreignness that disturbed the deity. Those void beings in the past... Ailish... Has the Deceiver been deceiving itself? Was it simply, to the core, a void being? Was it the same for the others? It wordlessly approached the portal and looked into it, seeing a twisted reflection of the world. But the question was: which was the reflection of which? For once, M'endar decided to seek the truth. It had to know whether its whole existence was a lie or not. What sort of game did the first spark start when it decided to divide itself? With solid steps, M'endar crossed from the world it had a hand in creating to the world of the portal. Everything appeared to be... curious to say the least.