Penny Arcade Adventures Ends Abruptly

Rathy

Aug 21, 2008
I'm sad to see the series go. Would have really like to see at least episode 3.

On the other hand, I also like their thoughts on giving the company more games to work with, as opposed to putting out one quality game.

walls of cetepedes

Jul 12, 2009
Oh Goddammit.

I freaking loved those games!

I think they should have dropped the price a tad though... 2800 MS points in total.
But hey, I had a shit-ton of free points on my account anyway... and now I'm rambling.

Psychedelic Squid

Mar 20, 2010
Irridium said:
HG131 said:
(I apologize in advance for this joke)

So Episode 3 is never coming out?
He's drawing a parallel to HL2E3, probably - god knows that's taking a while to show up.

OT: As others have said, I'd prefer the series to continue as games, but I'm glad they're actually finishing the story regardless.

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
Icehearted said:
Episodic games are a terrible idea, they were when they were conceived, they are to this day. They rarely if ever see a finish, and the only people paying for this kind of greedy game developing are the consumers that invest in these kinds of games only to see them fizzle out.
Thus far, I think only Telltale have gotten episodic games right. At least I can't think of a single other company that has succeeded with them.

Icehearted said:
Not unexpected, but certainly unwelcome news.
Indeed.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
NOOOOOO!! I demand closer! I demand more of the Penny Arcade games! I'm very disappointed Gabe and Tycho, really I am.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
HG131 said:
(I apologize in advance for this joke)

So Episode 3 is never coming out?
I love you.

On Topic: This is actually a shame, from what I played of the Penny Arcade games, they were a nice break from the serious grit of today (which I still play, and enjoy...mostly...), it is unfortunate, but these things happen.

Shynobee

Apr 16, 2009
Awww... dude, I don't even know what to say... I was really getting into those games.

I beat both episodes 1 and 2, and they were a blast, and I had huge expectations for episode 3. I was wondering what was taking so long, but, at least, now I know it isn't ever coming out, so I can stop holding my breath.

Caiti Voltaire

Feb 10, 2010
As a story, its fairly well thought out and quite excellently written. As an illustration it was well-executed and sharply done as always. But as a game it mostly flailed about in a mire of its own spunk. It didn't offer anything new and the mechanics that do exist are pretty frustrating.

I'm glad for the change. Its much better off as a graphic novel or a serial in the existing comic.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Well, that's a shame. I suppose it's partly my fault, since I bought the first one but not the second. I was kind of hoping that they'd finish the rest of them and then sell them in a bundle for less than having to pay $15-20 per episode, because that's a lot more than I was willing to pay for it, especially now that I'm used to getting complete non-episodic games for less than that through sales on Steam. Maybe that explains why they're only $5 each now.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Bad news :(

I guess Telltale is the only studio which gets Episodic games, all others have failed. Maybe they can continue it?