People who've never taken alcohol or drugs

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
I was just wondering, are there any of you here that have never taken alcohol or (recreational) drugs, either for religious reasons, health reasons, or because the idea has simply never appealed to you?

This topic isn't intended for judgement or anything like that; I'm just curious to know just how many people and their reasons for making such decisions (or not making such decisions).

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention about myself. I rarely drink; the only times I do is at parties or clubs, when I'm around my friends. I don't like the taste of most drinks; I like cider and what my male friends might call "girls' drinks", although I will occasionally force myself to drink stronger beverages if I want to get drunk.

And I've smoked weed about three times, because my friend was doing it and I was curious to see what it was like. It didn't put me in much more than a light daze (not sure if I was doing it 100% properly), but anyway, I don't think I'll do it again because smoking (weed or otherwise) tends to hurt my throat and I don't have any desire to try any stronger recreational drugs due to lack of interest and knowledge of the potential harm it can cause (I'm already riddled with OCD and anxiety issues; I doubt cocaine will help any).

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Well, not never never, I'll have a little champagne on special occasions when there's a toast, but otherwise not.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I hardly ever drink. As for drugs, I have never knowingly taken any for various reasons in my life, whether it be because I thought of it as morally wrong, it was just too expensive as a habit, or I had no idea where to get them from.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
I'm not exactly innocent on either of those accounts (heh) but one of my closest friends has only tried alcohol once and drugs never. Apparently they don't appeal to him and also he supposedly got a splitting headache the one time he tried alcohol, being prone to headaches this has helped scare him off the stuff. To be honest, he's kinda an odd personality as it is and so it's probably best for everyone's sake he doesn't drink.

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
I've never taken recreational drugs, mostly because they're a large reason for the damage done to my family as they seriously screwed my brother up resulting in a very long and painful process of getting rid of him. As for alcohol I never used to drink it maybe when going to a restaurant, until uni when I started drinking a lot when clubbing, and yes I know compared to cannabis it's worse, but It's not a rational decision it's just I've only seen the damage of one. Although I don't try to stop others smoking even though it makes me slightly uncomfortable. Now I've seriously cut down on drinking and don't really bother mostly for health and because It's only good for loosening up if I have a fair amount of it.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
I drink a glass of wine here occasionally, but alcohol makes me break out in a red mystery rash all over my face, neck, shoulders, so I tend to limit what I drink. Whenever I'm out, it's annoying to have to explain to people that I'm not dying.

Drugs, though, I've never tried, and I can't really see myself trying them in the future. The whole idea of recreational drug use doesn't sit well with me. I don't want to consume them, and I don't want my money going to drug dealers.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The times I drank alchohol can be counted on one hand. And I've never been drunk once.

I did smoke little pot though during high school, though only due to peer pressure. I was actually the one to buy our first stash, since I was the tallest and the only one able to grow a teenage moustache. I was king for a day when I pulled off that purchase. I live in Holland by the way so yeah, legal here.

I never got addicted to it, and it quite honestly never had much effect on me other than making me a little woozy and giving me a sore throat.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
I drink every now and then, on special occasions, holidays or with friends, not ever a lot or anything really hard.
I won't get drunk enough to have a hangover the next morning.

As for drugs, noooo. I won't touch anything like that with a ten foot pole, unless my doctor tells me I have to. I don't care if other people do it, but I don't like the world spinning when I drink to much, I probably would absolutely hate the effect any kind of drug would do.

It's interesting though, I've gotten assumptions that I was on drugs, because I'm a 24 year old art person and surly all young art people do drugs right?

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I've never done drugs and probably never will.
Fucking up my body like that doesn't appeal to me and knowing my luck, I'd have a bad reaction to it.

The fact that a lot of drug takers I know act like set of dicks doesn't help.

I do drink though, oh boy do I drink XD

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I did have a few drinks before I was the legal drinking age, but it was always in curiosity of taste rather than for the purposes of really drinking. (for example, I lived in Japan for a few years where the legal drinking age is 20. I toured a wine factory there they had a wine they make with snake venom. You think I was gonna turn down a taste just because I was only 17? and of course I tried a few varieties of sake)

But even when I moved back to the states and eventually hit 21, I still don't really drink. I may have a drink or two socially, but I never really feel the need to just...drink. Funnily, because I have a high tolerance for alcohol (runs in my family, apparently, by not drinking I'm the black sheep) I've never gotten drunk because in social situations where I am drinking, I stop drinking when the people around me get drunk. The most I've been is mildly tipsy where I was just a little dizzy.

As for drugs, I've never done recreational drugs. Partially because it's illegal, but more so because...well...I've just never wanted to. I've been offered weed before, but I've never partaken. Hell I go to art school, it's easier for me to get weed than to find a good burger, but I've just never chosen to partake due to a combination of the law, but also it just not appealing to me. I've been around high people...I tend to find them very boring. They just kinda giggle to themselves or act slow. Maybe it's more fun to be around them if you're also high, but from what I've seen it's just not appealing.

That said, I'm all for pot becoming legal. I think it should be. I think it would create a lot of jobs, could possibly even save a lot of lives (potentially less drug deals going sour) would allow law enforcement to redirect its attention to more pressing issues, plus imagine how much money the States make in tourism...You think people go to Amsterdam for the museums? Yeah, overall I think the good that would come from the legalization of marijuana would far outdo the harm.

However, even if were completely legal where I was, I still wouldn't be interested in partaking.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I never drink and I wouldn't even know where to get drugs from in my area. I doubt a sleepy village like mine has many hardcore drughouses.

I never liked the taste of any alcohol so I don't see why I should bother (though someone told me once that the taste isn't really the point?) that and getting drunk seems really odd to me. I know, let's divebomb our intelligence levels to sub zero for a night and do stupid shit we'll totally regret later #yolo

My doctor seemed a bit surprised when I had zero reaction to being told I probably shouldn't drink alcohol much at all due to it maybe messing with my medication. He put it as "you can have a glass but don't finish the bottle." I suppose he has a right to be surprised, i'm a 20 year old guy in college. That's like the perfect type of person to go out and get shitfaced on the weekends right?

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
I used to drink less than occasionally, it was in a short lived attempt to fit in. I never got drunk, I got a little "tipsy" once but I just felt angry and a little wobbly, after that I had a couple a few months apart. Then one day I just said to my friend, during a pint of Guinness, that I wont drink for a year ... one year turned into two, which turned into 3, which turned into 6 ... and now the smell of alcohol makes me feel queasy.

As for drugs, I am too much of a control freak to take drugs. I once considered it as a life experience but weed is the most common, weed is taken like a ciggy and I don't smoke, so I would just be coughing. Plus, it's quite an expensive life experience.

Plus people who do drugs, never shut the fuck up about drugs! The amount of times I've had the "weed don't [sic] harm you" I need more toes for! I mean I agree that weed should be made legal 'cos if you want to do drugs then why should I stop you but I'm not going to protest with you.

It's just endless streams of "weed is so good" or "I love weed" ... they are like talking to us, you can see people who aren't into games slowly move away from us.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
While I don't drink alcohol for personal reason (don't like the taste) but I two of my friends don't drink it due to religious reason. Also no, neither of us has taken drugs.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Occasionally will have a beer and I've never done any drugs. Me and alcohol have a strange relationship, for me it's mostly about having the coldest drink possible, which I think is beer from the freezer. Anything less cold than that I refuse to have. I'm not that big a fan of the flavor.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
I drink and 'smoke'. But I do know some people that never do either. One has religious reasons. Another it's just a personal thing. Most people I know drink, smoke and 'smoke' though. :p

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
Never have had either. I'm straight edge(crosses forearms(cookie for reference)).

The idea of getting high as shit or not being able to walk a straight line never really appealed to me. I can see how kicking back with friends over a beer or something would be fun, but I think I may wait until it's legally for me to do so.

DeadRise17

Feb 23, 2013
Still underage in my country so no alcohol, though not looking forward to drinking as my family are notorious light-weights with booze.

Been offered weed a few times, but declined because I was well informed of the dangers of drugs and my parents have (jokingly) threatened to kick me out of the house if they found I had done drugs. Also born with malformed lungs so drugs would likely kill me pretty quickly.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Drink alcohol, yes, not in huge quantities by any means but every now and then, mainly for parties and hangout nights.
Narcotics / Illegal Drugs, never, they're illegal = you shouldn't take them.
But I've never done Tobacco either so... But that's a health thing.

SonofaJohannes

Apr 18, 2011
When I was 12 I tasted some champagne, but other than that I've never taken any alcoholic drinks. My dad has a drinking problem and someone needs to set an example, which is why I now avoid everything with traces of alcohol like the plague. I've never taken any drugs, and the smell of cigarettes makes me nauseous.