Persona 2 question

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Not having a PSP, I wouldn't be able to easily get my hands on a copy of Innocent Sin, so I was wondering if Eternal Punishment was worth playing itself without having played Innocent Sin.

Also, should I play the first Persona game beforehand?

archaicmalevolence

Jul 16, 2010
You don't need to play the first Persona game, but you definitely need to play Innocent Sin before Eternal Punishment as they tie in closely to one another. Generally speaking the most you will get from playing Persona 1 before 2 is small references.

Innocent Sin is also available on ps1 if you happen to have a compatible playstation lying around. Although, it probably is cheaper to buy a psp and the game, than buy the ps1 version, unless you can get the Japanese version.

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
Eternal Punishment's a hell of a fine game, also a bit more complete than Innocent Sin. That being said, playing them together really gives you that gut punch over what happens. Also, Baofu is a bad ************. With Persona, I assume you'd be getting Revelations. Just keep in mind that Revelations was pretty badly translated and they changed all the spell names to generic ones(makakaja became mag up, I believe). Also, the snow queen quest is unplayable in Revelations. Still, it does lead in to Eternal Punishment as you run into everyone except Mark in the Persona 2 games