Personal nicknames or terms for things.

Cap'nPipsqueak

Jul 2, 2016
Have you ever seen a character group of characters in a movie ot TV show and come up with your own term for them, whether or not they have a fandom term already? For instance, I have a friend who calls Star Trek's redshirts 'suicide squads'.

So how about you?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8vy8uNxey1re4uqoo1_1280.png
To start: I call the three UFOs In Close Encounters of the Third Kind that appear at the base and initiate conversation with humans 'The Magi'.

There were three (Caspar, Melchior and Balthazar) and they bore a gift (in this case, true contact with alien life).

Prime_Hunter_H01

Dec 20, 2011
When ever my cats wipe their ass on the floor we call it Toby.

Its from this commercial.

We call it out in the same horrified way.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
My bro and I always joked going to Sub-Level 3 was suicide. There is no reason to go to Sub-Level 3.

So whenever one of us was watching a movie or playing a game and the other asks "Hey, what's up?" if shit is about to hit the fan, you say "We're about to go to Sub-level 3."

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
For some reason, my siblings started a habit of calling pigs bacons. Piglets or other cute pigs get to be baby bacons. Yumm...

Just Ebola

Literally Hitler
Jan 7, 2015
I like to call birds "wind rats".

Also, I hear in the UK people call gear shifts "rickety-pop-and-locks". I wonder if there's any truth to that.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Ebola_chan said:

Also, I hear in the UK people call gear shifts "rickety-pop-and-locks". I wonder if there's any truth to that.
As a UK citizen, I have never heard that term before in my life. Mind you, I am approaching 40, so you never know what the kids today are saying. Seems like a stupid way to say "I'm going to change gear" though.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
Ebola_chan said:

wind rats hahaha im so going to be using that now

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
We have a few of these at home.
The cake/biscuit/treat viennese whirls are renamed 'Vanessa Whirls' in our house since my Lil sis couldn't say it as a kid.
Dummies are noo-noos.

Hmm... I am sure there are more, but I'm drawing a blank.
The difficulty with this is that you can only remember ones you knowingly call by a different way. If you just honestly know something by a way that no one else does then it's difficult to remember on command.

Sonmi

Renowned Latin Lover
Jan 30, 2009
inu-kun said:
I call my grandmother "gamo", due to her being english speaking so she told me and my brother to call her grandma but it eventually became this.
Concerning grandmothers, my father referred to mine as "Mutti", German for "Mum", so when we were young, my siblings and I called her "Grandma/Grand-maman Mutti" believing it to be her first name.

We know better now, but we still use it.

Captain Chemosh

Sep 5, 2011
Me and my room mate call the House Sparrows that are multitudinous in this area 'Floofs' because the males will puff up their feathers up whenever somebody happens to walk nearby.

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
I misheard something my friend was saying as 'Sexual Elevator'. Don't remember what the hell he was actually saying. We also happened to be playing God Eater.

And from then on, we referred to those elevators as the sexual elevators. Accept a mission. QUICK BOARD THE SEXUAL ELEVATOR.