Country
United States
Well, I took it just for the fun of it and got INFP-T, Mediator:

88% Introverted
63% Intuitive
67% Feeling
69% Prospecting
85% Turbulent

EDIT: So started actually reading what this type was about and yeah, kinda actually hit the nail right on the head to be honest.

EDIT SQUARED: Oh my God, further reading in the section to find out why they needed to qualify the INFP with either an A or a T and found this: " 85% of Turbulent Mediators say they consider themselves to be lazy people, compared to 66% of Assertive Mediators. " " For example, Turbulent Mediators are likely to describe themselves as “lazy” more often than Assertive Mediators – and most other personality types (all except two) "

GET OUT OF MY HEAD SKYNET

Last edited:

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I recently did the personality test on 16personalities.com as part of some training at work.
Protip: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is basically pseudoscience.

Although at least it's a little less dire than that other bullshit that just won't do the right thing and fucking die, the alpha-beta-gamma etc. personality type.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I've always been an INTJ, every time I take this it's the same thing. Makes sense since I fit all the descriptions down to a T.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Well, I took it just for the fun of it and got INFP-T, Mediator:

88% Introverted
63% Intuitive
67% Feeling
69% Prospecting
85% Turbulent

EDIT: So started actually reading what this type was about and yeah, kinda actually hit the nail right on the head to be honest.

EDIT SQUARED: Oh my God, further reading in the section to find out why they needed to qualify the INFP with either an A or a T and found this: " 85% of Turbulent Mediators say they consider themselves to be lazy people, compared to 66% of Assertive Mediators. " " For example, Turbulent Mediators are likely to describe themselves as “lazy” more often than Assertive Mediators – and most other personality types (all except two) "
Try the Agema personality test:

Q1: Do you frequently find that you just can't be bothered doing tasks that you probably should do?

Yes ✅
No

Analysis: You are lazy.

Now pay me money, because I have given you this incredible insight into your personality.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Try the Agema personality test:

Q1: Do you frequently find that you just can't be bothered doing tasks that you probably should do?

Yes ✅
No

Analysis: You are lazy.

Now pay me money, because I have given you this incredible insight into your personality.
You should open you own practice:

1599833734127.png

Breakdown

Oxy Moron
Sep 5, 2014
down a well
Country
Northumbria
Protip: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is basically pseudoscience.

Although at least it's a little less dire than that other bullshit that just won't do the right thing and fucking die, the alpha-beta-gamma etc. personality type.
Things can have value without being scientifically proven.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Things can have value without being scientifically proven.
I wouldn't necessarily say it's valueless - that's quite an extreme judgement. It just needs to be treated with a massive, fat dollop of caution.

The MBTI is very old, and it's based in concepts of psychology that are quite outdated; also with some concepts that are unproven (nearly 100 years later!). A huge amount of the studies published in support of the MBTI come from a journal created and funded by the company that owns the MBTI, which makes them deeply suspect, to say the least.

It's unreliable: someone has already reported they here they can come back as two different types on different goes at the test (I have, too). A reason for this is that for every scale, you'd expect a normal distribution (bell shaped curve) which actually means they cluster more around the middle than the ends. This means it's relatively easy, with a bit of subjective answering, to shift across the boundary line from one side of each binomial to the other. MBTI is very prone to variability due to subjective answers, because it lacks the means to control for subjectivity.

Perhaps one of the biggest problems is that it is frequently used in management circles to predict job roles and management styles for individuals... a disturbing amount of which don't appear to be true, so it's even dangerous to put into practice.

In the sense that it can describe your personality fairly well, of course it does. You tell it your thoughts and behaviours, it fits them to personality types, and the personality types explain the thoughts and behaviour associated with them. So in essence, it's just telling you back pretty much what you told it in the first place.

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
MBTI is very prone to variability due to subjective answers, because it lacks the means to control for subjectivity.
This is why people shouldn't test themselves. Especially not with online tests.

It's also why I don't trust anyone's results when they test as INTJ or INFJ. Introverted intutition is not something that can be tested with an online test, and it's often Introverted thinking types such as myself that can get these results. If you could ask Jung, he'd tell you that introverted intuition users are basically crazy hobos, not "masterminds" or whatever the fuck people are calling them these days. For every sane INTJ, there's 9 total neckbeard losers living in their mother's basement, thinking highly of themselves because they're the same type as Batman, or they're the ones with school shooting fantasies beating off to images of underage anime girls.

I'm an ISTP, if anyone gives a shit.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
I am ISFP-A apparently.

I don't know what this says about me really and I don't think it's much worth dwelling on. A person is a rather tall order to compartmentalize into a convenient definition.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Like IQ tests, personality tests have some minor uses when used sparingly and for very specific circumstances and purposes.

And like IQ tests, outside of those very specific circumstances and purposes, personality tests are horoscopes for nerds with worrying practical effects on society.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Skynet is here, and deeply interested in one thing only...

Which My Little Pony Character are you most like?
Its probably more scientifically accurate then most personality tests. Plus it actually says something that is understandable.