Petition Demands Sony Reset PSN Console Activation Limit

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Baresark said:
I don't think game sharing has much to do with it, since getting caught doing so could forfeit your entire PSN account. It's against the rules to give out your information which can also lose you your PSN account. I still think it's a money grab... That said, I don't think many people own multiple systems, let alone 5. It's a strange policy, either way.
It's the getting caught part that's the issue. Somehow, despite all this, there are a lot of account sharing threads on certain websites. I'm leaving out specifics because that's probably against rules here.

Or rather, there were many of these threads.

Obviously, a lot of people were doing it.

Atmos Duality said:
Anyone who can actually afford more than two PS3s, and use them, well, is probably better off than I am.
Doesn't the limit include PSPs, though? I was under the impression it did. PSPs were significantly less expensive than Ps3s (And probably still are).

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Doesn't the limit include PSPs, though? I was under the impression it did. PSPs were significantly less expensive than Ps3s (And probably still are).
That would make a great deal more sense to me, but I am unsure.
I have a PSP, but not a PS3, and I haven't used my PSP in a LOOOOONG time so I didn't even know about this account limitation.

Ariyura

Oct 18, 2008
I believe you can dis-activate your ps3 account and reactivate on a different ps3. They did this to tone down on the gamesharing that was going on and there was a lot.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Atmos Duality said:
That would make a great deal more sense to me, but I am unsure.
I have a PSP, but not a PS3, and I haven't used my PSP in a LOOOOONG time so I didn't even know about this account limitation.
Mine was killed in a fire (Hey, that die in a fire thing works this time), so I haven't had a PSP for ages. Otherwise, I'd test it, but I think my PSP needed to be registered to my PSN account when I tried to transfer stuff off my PS3.

I could be wrong, so it's not like I'm the definitive authority here, but I think I'm right.

SocratesGS

Jan 15, 2012
Hello All! I am the person who started the petition that the OP has posted about. I'm thrilled that this petition is actually gaining some ground. I now have 127 signatures (seems to slow down on the weekend). To answer the OP's question regarding what number "many" refers too.. I don't know. I know there are quite a lot of angry posts that echoed my stand on the recent activations policy changes. But I haven't been able to quantify that into a number.

Thanks for posting about my petition and I hope we might be able to make a difference. :) Feel free to ask me any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.