Photographic Proof That Spider-Man Musical Is $60 Million Down The Drain

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
Z of the Na said:
....is that...Carnage I see back there? How can they mess up Carnage of all villains? I....wha....guh.....

I'm going to go lie down now.
What about that Jay Leno look alike/Green Goblin or Vulture and whatever that thing is in the far left shot. So much for hoping it would at least be entertainingly bad.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
MR.Spartacus said:
Z of the Na said:
....is that...Carnage I see back there? How can they mess up Carnage of all villains? I....wha....guh.....

I'm going to go lie down now.
What about that Jay Leno look alike/Green Goblin or Vulture and whatever that thing is in the far left shot. So much for hoping it would at least be entertainingly bad.
I don't know why but these pictures make me smile. A laugh wants to tear out from between my lips but it just quite doesn't seem to be making it. I think I'll still find something in this to enjoy. But would I for however long this thing runs? There's a point in the worst MST3K's where you've seen the ludicrous for so long you can no longer laugh. At that point you pass from amusement and into pain and torture.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
...Okay then. One thing that really confuses me is that first picture. What villain is that? Seriously, I have never once seen this guy, and this is coming from someone who has read hundreds and hundreds of Spider-Man comics. If I HAVE seen him, then he must be quite an obscure and forgettable villain.

Also, that Green Goblin costume. WTF?

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
This is the first I've heard of this.

I dunno, I might actually like to see this, just to see what kind of stuff they can pull of on stage.
But I'm not interested enough to pay for a ticket to see it.

laststandman

Jun 27, 2009
My dad is the head electrician of the Foxwoods Theatre (where Spiderman is going to open). He has been since it opened in 1998. He's loaded out 8 shows and is loading in his 9th in that theatre alone (he's done countless more across the U.S.). Some of these shows were hits, and other ones were shit. I hope this show is the next Cats .
Honestly this is a hell of a lot better than where they were production-wise one year ago. I remember talking with my dad on the phone at camp as he told me that this show probably wasn't going to get done at all. For what it's worth, I'm happy that it's opening because if it hadn't my dad would go back to freelancing around Broadway, unsure of where he could work and when. Luckily he has enough connections that he would never doubt being able to work anywhere, but his other guys aren't as experienced.
This show is keeping people at work, and even though I hardly ever see my dad now because he's working such late hours all of the time, I know that when it does open, he'll be able to relax. And when it opens, I hope it runs for at least 5 years because the strain it has put on him is worth that, if not more. I do not care that it looks ridiculous (although I have been down there and the music sounds great), it's keeping him paid and when it opens he'll keep getting paid but he won't have to kill himself from 8:30 am to midnight every night.
Either way it goes, the crews actually loading this thing are making bank, including my dad. For me, this is about to become a damn good thing because it's going to put me through college

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
Canid117 said:
Z of the Na said:
Canid117 said:
Z of the Na said:
....is that...Carnage I see back there? How can they mess up Carnage of all villains?
Easy

Stephanie Meyerize him.
Those...bastards!

One does not turn Carnage into something that is remotely relative to her! How dare they do this to the personification of badass that is Carnage! No wonder people aren't supporting this musical if this is what is happening to the characters.
I don't know for sure thats whats going to happen but I do know he is going to be singing and dancing in what looks like a somewhat sparkly outfit.
just think how its gonna be when hes starts to sing as a tener.

Roganwilson

May 24, 2009
Is it just me, or does Carnage's head look huge?

OT: This looks like a flop in the making. You have Robo-Madonna going fight Spider-Man, and Carnage and the Green Goblin all in the same production? I think it shall be far too cluttered to make anything of itself.

Belbe

Oct 12, 2009
Pretty dresses, but the whole idea and execution confuses the bleep out of me. Ruining my favourite super hero :( I have to say, singing villains might just be worth it to see lol

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Well, that certainly looked... interesting...
(Dear gods, Carnage will have song and dance numbers?)

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
well, the background is beautiful and seem to use the colour and space really good, im honestly impressed by the details, it seems like some real work from seasoned professionals went into it, its hectic and tells a tale of fear and fighting something you cant defeat.

that one background does a better job of telling a story than the actors, they looks cliched and stiff, it seems like its made with action figures.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
I don't like musicals. I can't imagine a Spiderman musical would be very interesting for me to watch. Good thing I live at the bottom of the country, I couldn't see it anyway!

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
LogicNProportion said:

Damnit, I've been ragging on this thing since it was announced...but now...

I wanna see it...
I completely agree.

I dunno what it is exactly... the art style?

Direwolf750

Apr 14, 2010
it's just a bad idea. Why would you do this? it just...no...just no...Spiderman was a genre about philosophical growth intermittent between combat scenes, not singing each other to death.

eljawa

Nov 20, 2009
wow. That actually looks pretty cool.

Like, come on...How many of you saw the Lion King? It was an amazing awesome beautiful show, but if you only looked at pictures of people in the Lion costumes, or people dancing with the gazelle attached to their hands, itd look equally stupid.

Im excited, this looks awesome

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
This is made of so much win.

This is what Gods are made of.

I don't care what happens. This play must live. It looks so amazingly bad.