Phrases that piss you off

Hap2

May 26, 2010
"That's how it is," or "that's how the world works," are poor excuses for inaction and injustice.

There is a difference between acceptance, and looking for a way out from the often difficult path of doing what's right.

I accept that there are people out there whose minds I will never change, no matter how strong my arguments may be. That doesn't stop me, though, from tearing apart poorly justified nonsense, nor from showing other possibilities through story to inspire others to make a change.

The best we can do is seek understanding, and do what we can to make sure it doesn't get buried.

CHUCKLIT

Mar 7, 2014
- "Cool beans"
- "I love you lots like jelly tots and vodka shots"
- Pointless platitudes e.g. "Nice weather for ducks!"
- Someone has called me Babycakes before and I wanted to punch them in the face.
- "Aww, diddums!" or "Awww, bless!"
- When people say "because..." and then just leave it at that.

There's so much more.
The phrase I have to enter the spam block thing is "Oh yes". Now THAT'S a phrase I don't mind!

Sylph_14

Jul 13, 2014
"There is literally nothing stopping you from [doing something that usually costs a lot of money and/or time]."
Obviously is nothing was stopping it than the person would already be doing it, ugh.

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
"Check your privilege." Usually comes from someone who knows nothing about who they're saying it to, thus not knowing if the person's privileged or not

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Magmarock said:
"You mad bro"
You do realize that I'll say this to you if you ever look mad about people using this expression, right? :)
Boo8er said:
When people say "I don't own a tv"

I think these people are just snobby and smug about not having a tv so they like to make the rest of us look bad.
I can't speak for other TV-less people, but that's a perfect description of why I say it.

Queen Michael

Jun 9, 2009
Elfgore said:
"If you think it's crappy, why don't you make something better?!"

If you use this in an argument, I will end it. I can critique anything I wish and you can counter my critique. But unless I say "I could do better!" or something similar. You can not bring this up. I never said I could do better, I just said whatever we're discussing is shit.

Eevee's above me tends to get on nerves as well. On YouTube for my music I constantly see that. How can I know if I like it if I don't fucking read/watch/listen to it!
I never agreed with that "do better thing." I can't direct movies, but I can still complain about the awful Green Lantern movie. Also, I did do better. They charged thousands of people money for a horrible movie. I did not. That makes me better, I'd say.

And the entire principle is insane. You might as well say that only trained medical professionals should sue for malpractice, or that nobody should complain about Obama except for former US presidents.

Queen Michael

Jun 9, 2009
"Hero" when it's used about kids with cancer who got better. Look: Firefighters are heroes. People who help North Koreans escape are heroes. But -- and I hate to say this -- you are not a hero because you had cancer and then didn't have cancer. The doctors that cured you are the heroes, not you.