Physical Inferiority

megamabu

Mar 2, 2011
Adrian Neyland said:
Makes you mentally stronger. I am a tall lanky guy with arms like a stick insect, but what I lose in physical power I make up in BRAIN POWER.
You sound like a super hero, your name could be The Brain MANtis!

For me I have a little bit of a fat stomach but I like to refer to it as being "pleasantly plump" :b

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Fact: A lot of well-endowed men are actually terrible in bed, due to the sense of arrogance and superiority that the size of their manhood gives them meaning that they don't bother to consider anybody else's needs but their own when having sex.

Fact #2: For the majority a women the shallowest third of their vagina is the most sensitive area.

In other words, just because you're not hung like a horse doesn't mean you are incapable of impressing a woman, and even if it did, it should not mean that you should feel like any less of a man.

If your physical health means that you are unable to do much strenuous exercise then that's ok. So long as your not doing nothing and your eating healthily it's not like anyone can ask any more of you. The important thing is that you have some self respect and that you are a pleasant person to be around.

As for me, I've always been of below average height with a naturally slim build, so I'm never going to be a tank no matter how much iron I pump, but I still keep myself fit and what I lack in physical size and strength I make up for in agility.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
I'd like to have more muscle but am too lazy to work for it.
No inferiority feelings whatsoever.

Tall skinny guy.
But I'm getting increasingly broader, for reasons I do not get.
And that's broader in all the positive ways ;)

I like being tall, no-one messes with me, ever.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
Life can hit you hard when you're not expecting it, best thing to do is change your priorities and outlook on life. If you are concerned about your health, you can still try to get back into shape or at least try something to lose a few pounds. You're probably going too hard on yourself.

BTW, Sence should be sense and access should be excess.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
Being an obscenely skinny guy, I've always felt conflicted when it comes to weight issues.

On the one hand, I'm inclined to feel no pity whatsoever for fat people. I make exceptions for those like the OP who have legitimate reasons, but they're few and far between. I think I'm in a worse situation - physically speaking - than your average fat guy. All he has to do is lose weight. I have to gain it. In my case, I think that's a lot harder.

On the other hand, I put myself in this position, so I have no right to complain.

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
TheTinyMan said:
6'7 and 330 lbs, and I've had arthritic knees since I was 14 and way, way slimmer. I'm not morbidly obese, but I *am* pretty big around.

And I have body image problems worse than most of the women I know. :) When I'm in public, every thought is dedicated to minimizing how disgusting I look; whether I'm holding my shoulders in a way that makes my shirt hide my man-boobs, if the angle I'm sitting at causes a protrusion of fat anywhere.

On the plus side, a week and a half ago I decided that it was time to get serious about weight loss, and so far I've lost eight pounds. I'll hit my target weight in like five months if I can keep that up! :p
Good luck!

As for myself- I used to have some pretty serious body issues, just because I wasn't the rail-thin supermodel type. But I'm skinny, have an hourglass figure, and eventually came to realize that most of my issues were in my head. I think the pendulum may have swung the other way now, though- I'm pretty damn confident in my appearance, other than some flaws that anyone will have some of.

Move127

Jul 29, 2011
In high school I was overweight and developed the dreaded man boobs. Unfortunately they didn't go away when I lost weight. My girlfriend likes to make fun of me for it. Otherwise I'm fine with my body.

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
Blah Blah stuff about myself, bones can cut things, couldn't break a twig in half, talking about myself is difficult...

Your once and future Fanboy said:
So he is super skinny and im a fat fuck, but we have had many of the same issues and discofortes with our digestion and abdominal organs over the years.
Have you considered a life of crime?

As mid level Henchmen ofcourse.

Ex_Solaris

Jul 31, 2011
I come from a really thin (and on my mother's side, one could say 'unhealthily thin') family. I'm 6'2" and up until just a few years ago was hovering in the 150lb area. I never really had any issues with it until I started getting involved in sports in high school. Even then, I couldn't really say I had a problem with it per se, but a general lack of strength was evident. So, I started upping my food intake and weight training, but it was really hard to stay with in my latter years of high school and definitely an issue in college. When I joined the Army in '07 I was 180 and it worked for me during my training, I wasn't doing as badly, physically, as a lot of heavier guys and I wasn't losing a lot of muscle mass like a lot of the high school athlete types that were there.

However, maybe it was the alpha male mentality of the infantry or perhaps I'm just really shallow... But not going to the gym or keeping quite a bit of muscle on was starting to be rather detrimental. Already long story short, I'm 210 now and work out six days a week.

Maybe its because I just convinced myself I need it to do my job, or maybe its because I just bought into all this typical American self-image crap, who knows??

Floggo

Mar 30, 2010
I'm a little over weight, but once I finish school, I'm going to be getting fit again.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I'm happy enough with my body I'm cut for my age, however i was showering after the gym the other day, and there was this guy..now I'm not one for "Willy-Watching" but dear god. I nearly tripped over it.

RevRaptor

Mar 10, 2010
Well not to brag but I'm pretty good looking ( I think) I read some where that some people think the are better looking than they actually are, might very well be true in my case. Now I know I'm no ten but I would like to think that I least rate a 6 or maybe a 7.
Umm I had a point here somewhere, Yea so I've never really had body issues, If I'm good enough for the woman I'm going home with then colour me happy :)
This is me:
http://revraptor898.deviantart.com/gallery/27133865#/d33o3lt (I hope posting this doesn't make me look like I'm showing off, well if ya don't want to see don't click I guess)
I also found that women really don't care how big your dick is, I've even had some complain about me being too big, I have to be careful not to hurt them but they have never complained about my fingers. A dick is just a big useless lump of meat, a finger is a far more useful and skilful tool for making a woman happy.

At Your once and future Fanboy, Have you tried aqua jogging dude? My doctor recommended it to me because I got diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome and can no longer go running like I used to. might be good for you too.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Physical superiority quite literally leads to mental superiority. You feel better from all the hormones released, and it means you're less likely to have health problems. I guess I'm just lucky that my life has always been quite active.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Meh, I don't let it bug me. You fully functional two armed folk are weird anyway. It makes finding a job difficult, though.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
Blablahb said:
Mr Thin said:
In my case, I think that's a lot harder.
Nonsense. Like any woman will be able to tell you: chocolate is the answer. One bar a day and being thin goes away.
Ah, my friend, if only it were that simple. I do eat a bar of chocolate a day (roughly), and a couple of years ago I had McDonalds for breakfast every day for several months. If anything, I lost weight.

No, my bones are doomed to be fleshless and grotesque, I'm afraid.

the_honey_badger

Jun 3, 2011
Being considerably underweight, for me, was less preferential than being considerably overweight. Being physically weaker and being unable to throw my body weight around made me an easy target for people, at school and nights out. Obviously being unable to protect a girl physically, convinced me that no girl would want to date me.

I think this is more a self-esteem issue than a genuine concern; I'm not exactly from 'the ghetto', where danger lurks around every corner. But I am content in that my mental prowess is greater than at least the average person, and hopefully, one day, someone else will look past my physical inferiority.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Well, aesthetically I'm an incredibly ugly mishapen monster.

And I have a very large...erm...downstairs department. Which I will never be able to...put to good use. Because, y'know, the whole "mishapen monster" thing.

God's sick sense of humour strikes once again! Why, cruel world, why!?

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Vault101 said:
however I'm somtimes not happy that I dont have very big....well you know what, and how society is and everything
Most guys really don't care much. Yeah, large ones get you attention faster, but generally not the good kind.

Myself, I had a spinal fusion operation for scoliosis a while back. Due to the titanium rod now melded to my spine, I'm physically more awkward. But that didn't stop me going on a 50-mile biking trip, or doing the Duke of Edinborough. And I'm still fairly thin.
Though it has stopped me from joining the RAF :(

TheMadPunter

Helium Voice
Nov 2, 2010
It's really a question of having something going for you. Maybe you lack brute strength, but have skill and smarts. Maybe you're not brilliant, but can work like an ox. For me, not being where I want to be just motivates me more. Rather than dwelling on your perceived inadequacies, focus on practical ways to improve your state - not for anyone else's benefit, but for your own happiness and fulfillment.