Pick Your Path: Mass Effect

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Pick Your Path: Mass Effect

Start your quest for the ultimate endorsement in this new Mass Effect Pick Your Path Adventure!

Read Full Article

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
At the beginning I was kinda perplexed and wondering why the hell that this was on The Escapist.

Then I got to the end. Blinked and went. Well that was 5 minutes of my life I would never get back.

Then I pressed the back button and tried another ending.

Then I Lol'd.

Good job sir.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Better story, choices and ending paths than the actual mass effect? MIKE! ONLY YOU CAN SAVE BIOWARE.

TheProfessor234

Aug 20, 2010
My story had Turians, they were awesome.

Also, new favorite line, "Never thought a chair'd have the guts to sit back! Ha!"

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
A Krogan hooking up with a Quarian claiming to be Tali's sister after watching all 14 hours of Francis Kitt's Elcor Hamlet and thinking that it was the best play ever?

My story rocked. I especailly liked the none-too-subtle dig at Tali's stock photo. Even though I thought the picture was fine.

Well done, good sir! But yes, Tali said she was an only child in ME1. So that must have been someone else claiming to be a Zorah. Judging how militant she was, I'd have to say that she was Han'Garrel's progeny.

DarkestBlue

Jul 17, 2011
As much as I love Skyrim, I cared more about the characters in this than pretty much anyone in it..with the possible exception of Parturnax. You know it's good when you stop making Renegade choices half way through because you care too much ;_;

Beliyal

Big Stupid Jellyfish
Jun 7, 2010
This was great! I was an asari, I denied Shepard the lower prices and then all kinds of stuff went wrong. My store failed, I tried to bribe that other store owner, was contacted by TIM, ended up on Horizon, got abducted and then saved by turians (excellent addition, we never saw the Cabals in the actual game!), almost died in space, got saved by Francis and his elcor Hamlet cast, got attacked by the vorcha on the Flotilla (and was saved by a badass quarian while riding on the back of the elcor Hamlet... I never thought I'll say a sentence like this), slept with that turian, followed the Normandy through the Omega 4 relay, failed to get to Shepard, used my recording device as a shield and broke it symbolically. In the end, I went to Palaven with the turian and we started a biotic acceptance group. I got a new shop that didn't need Shepard's endorsement. I'm satisfied with my outcome :D

You owe me two hours of my life bac-... Who am I kidding, I'll go check out the story with the krogan and a human as well.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Seems there is a issue with links at the end of the Asari line.

At the end of the story and if you choose to "bunk" with Zohya on the fleet, if you choose to ignore the data instead of downloadin it you get linked to the Virgil end instead of a Zohya end.

Edit -

Aside from that, I quite enjoyed the Asari line. Gonna have to see how the other two play out now.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
All that just to get Shepard's endorsement. Hilarious! (The stock photo joke with the Quarian. Priceless.)
This was awesome. On to the other two!

BanZeus

May 29, 2010
shintakie10 said:
I ran into the same error in my human playthrough.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/features/9514-Pick-Your-Path-Mass-Effect.147

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
BanZeus said:
shintakie10 said:
I ran into the same error in my human playthrough.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/features/9514-Pick-Your-Path-Mass-Effect.147
Hey guys, sorry about that. The Zohya ending glitch has been fixed! Glad you're enjoying it otherwise!

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
I enjoyed it, but I can't work out whether the jab at ME3 "Retakers" is snide or light hearted. In any case, I don't have any right to ask you to alter the endings I found, for three reasons:

You didn't advertise or promise me anything,
Even if you had, I didn't pay you anything,
There were no technical storytelling errors that I could detect. No plot holes, and you didn't shit on your threads or the lore. The difference between making those mistakes and not making them is the difference between having any artistic integrity to defend and not.

I didn't like all the endings. I wanted to be able to do more at the *other* planet the human can go to earlier on... But even so, I can stand by them all as artistic decisions, unlike ME3's actual ending.

Edit: I might have found one error, just skimming. Don't elcor move slowly regardless of the gravity? To paraphrase the in-game encyclopaedia, "a consequence of developing on a planet with gravity so high that a single misstep can mean death".
Ah, still, this is essentially fanfiction, and not subject to the same checks and balances that professional, multimillion dollar products ought to be. It doesn't matter.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
I'm a random internet user, and this has been my favorite Pick Your Path on the Escapist.
The Space Hamlet was a nice touch--I should probably read the actual play first of all...