Pick Your Path: Mass Effect

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
Hah!

After the Mass Effect debacle left me a bit sour, I found this to be quite a fun little diversion. Good work, it couldn't have been easy trying to write out so many different scenarios while keeping it all together.

Daft Ghosty

Sep 25, 2010
I loved this, great work! Played through the Asari, and I was laughing a good bit. =) And no need for a different ending with Mass Effect story. It was smart, funny, and above all made sense, with closure at the end to boot!

I loved the bit about the stock photo from Kat.. My wife thought something was wrong with me hehe Also the Elcor play.. wow that was painful and funny at the same time. =)

I can't wait to play the other two.

edit: BTW I'll be buying your three books for this great effort.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
I sure hope I'm not the only one who read all of Virgil's lines in Johnny Depp's voice

By the way. That was amazing

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
my only problem is that my character didnt really feel like a krogan other then that i loved it might try to play as an asari later.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
TheProfessor234 said:
My story had Turians, they were awesome.

Also, new favorite line, "Never thought a chair'd have the guts to sit back! Ha!"
yeah loved that!

wow watch elcor hamlet, slept with a turian biotic and returned from the omega 4 relay!
not bad for a mornings work

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
Did the Krogan story, thought it was smeggin' brilliant (though, he did seem a bit...soft for a Krogan, but oh well). Plus, I love the whole aspect of following Sheperd's story throughout Mass Effect 2, felt very Forrest Gump-esque. Actually, that sounds like a good idea for the next Mass Effect game, where you import your save and just follow Sheperd throughout the story, always missing him/her at last second.

Top marks, Mr Writer Guy, well done.

fiendling

Apr 26, 2011
Great story, Mike Kayatta, I especially liked the consistent facetious tone you managed to maintain throughout the adventures.

AdamRhodes

Oct 4, 2010
Love it. The tone seems to stay humorous even throughout the high action bits. Only complaint is
Captain
Katyana'Zorah nar Rayya. First, Tali'Zorah is an only child, and
if she is a Captain, she would have a "vas" name not a "nar" name.

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Daft Ghosty said:
I loved this, great work! Played through the Asari, and I was laughing a good bit. =) And no need for a different ending with Mass Effect story. It was smart, funny, and above all made sense, with closure at the end to boot!

I loved the bit about the stock photo from Kat.. My wife thought something was wrong with me hehe Also the Elcor play.. wow that was painful and funny at the same time. =)

I can't wait to play the other two.

edit: BTW I'll be buying your three books for this great effort.
Hey, that's awesome! I hope you like them.

Also, thanks to everyone else in the thread for your kind words! I'm super pleased that you guys seem to be getting a kick out of it!

Sentox6

Jun 30, 2008
That was awesomely entertaining.

Better writing than most of ME2 at that <_<

Typo on 60: "I no that must have been difficult." And 62: "I always knew the Collector's harvested other species,". 92: "I'm more fit than [a] Batarian on his mother's hatchday". 114: "You've proved that and more in the short time I've know you." Also, on 114, shouldn't references to your father actually be to your mother if you picked Asari?

GaltarDude1138

Jan 19, 2011
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite choose-your-own-adventure on the Escapist."

Oh yes, I really liked this one. Keep up the good work!

NewYork_Comedian

Nov 28, 2009
I enjoyed my asari adventure right until the end when I realized

She is probably dead thanks to the Reapers moving The Citadel to Earth and murdering everyone inside it.

But other than that, it was fantastic. Was spot on to the tone of the actual games, well done.