Pick Your Path: Skyrim

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011

Earn some badges and learn the true story of Skyrim's savior in a new Pick Your Path adventure!

Read Full Article

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
So I uppercutted a troll? Awesome.

Even if I did die...

Calumon: I wanted to talk to it. Not everyone wants to fight... even if he had been eating people...

dave1004

Sep 20, 2010
This was actually pretty enjoyable! I don't know about the other character paths, but I went with the wood-elf guy. Thanks for the story!

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
That was pretty fun! Except for the badge spam... I think I have 5 eaten by bear badges now lol.

At least I'm not a beet farmer anymore =P

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Wolfram01 said:
That was pretty fun! Except for the badge spam... I think I have 5 eaten by bear badges now lol.

Maybe you're just really, really tasty. :)

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Wolfram01 said:

Ah, I'll check into the badge spam for you, you should be only getting one of those despite how many times the bears maul your face.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
WMDogma said:
Wolfram01 said:

Ah, I'll check into the badge spam for you, you should be only getting one of those despite how many times the bears maul your face.
Cool. I actually looked into my badges, and only have 1 true badge. However, my inbox had multiple messages as I of course got mauled by bears on the road, the steps, in a cave, on the road again... lol.

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
My first path ended with me being a test dummy for the Dovakin's shout. Then i went back a bit and realised that i was less than 1/10 into the story!

Very good and very enjoyable and now i really need to get back to work!

Garfy

Nov 6, 2009
This is by far the best of the pick your path games you've done on the Escapist!
A real comedic understanding of Skyrim and some very good writing.

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Garfy said:
This is by far the best of the pick your path games you've done on the Escapist!
A real comedic understanding of Skyrim and some very good writing.
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Very funny guys. Specially the Ninja Turtles and Pokemon stuff.

Also, TWO Arrow in the knee jokes? Ha.......ha :p

Someone should turn this into an actual mod quest, that would be funny as hell.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Wow! There was just as many choices there than there is playing actual Skyrim! I'm impressed and enjoyed it a lot!

SycoMantis91

Dec 21, 2011
Was enjoying myself until this page wouldn't load correctly: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/features/9441-Pick-Your-Path-Skyrim.12 and I was forced into the uppercut option.

Mewick_Alex

May 25, 2009
SycoMantis91 said:
Was enjoying myself until this page wouldn't load correctly: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/features/9441-Pick-Your-Path-Skyrim.12 and I was forced into the uppercut option.
Same for me, was only choosing the 'talk it down option' because I thought it would lead to an amusing death.... turns out the other option does that.

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Mewick_Alex said:
SycoMantis91 said:
Same for me, was only choosing the 'talk it down option' because I thought it would lead to an amusing death.... turns out the other option does that.
Sorry you guys had trouble with that. We'll look into it. If you'd like to continue, here's the link to the next section from there: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/features/9441-Pick-Your-Path-Skyrim.15

And the text that you may have missed if it didn't load properly for you:
"Um, hello, uh--" you stammer as the creature advances. "Actually, I've always liked trolls. Always defended them when they've come up in dinner conversation, you know." It takes another step. "They don't actually attack, murder, and eat people, I always say to folk. I mean, that's just superstition, after all." You chuckle nervously, and the troll raises a claw to strike you. This is the end.

Your life flashes before your eyes. The whole process lasts approximately two seconds, one of which was just an image of beets. The other, perhaps more interesting, was those idiotic words scrawled across your footboard: MEEP MERP MUUU. You've always heard that mages command their magics by speaking the words of incantations with an inhuman strength of passion, and if there was ever a moment you'd be able to draw power from those words without formal training, it's now.

You take a deep breath and prepare to shout the words with every modicum of might sewn through your very soul. Much to your disappointment, your soul is currently leased by gripping fear, and the words come out as little more than a whisper. "Meep, Merp, Muuu," you barely manage.

Suddenly, a spiraling vortex of air, dirt, and snow begins to pull toward your body. The troll looks more surprised than you are. Slowly, his massive body begins to lift and fling toward you. Your knees turn to scrib jelly, and you collapse to the ground mere moments before the troll sails past where your head just was. You hear a loud crunch at your back and nervously look behind you. The troll's body is scrawled across the tree that had stuck you here, bloodied and broken. It slides down the bark and flops lifelessly on top of you.

It takes a bit of time to worm your way out from under the monster's weight, but offers you some time to think. What happened just now? Did those words finally work?

You struggle to your feet, place the troll's arm over your right shoulder and begin to drag his corpse into Riverwood proper. Regardless of how it happened, you've just done something amazing, and the town, the guards, and by Oblivion, even the Jarl himself must know about it!

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
"background color
white (default)
5% grey
10% grey
natural
reading font
Lato (default)
Alt Sans Serif
Roman
reading size
Aa (default)
Aa
Aa
Featured Articles

The Turtleborn | 2 Mar 2012 15:15
Featured Articles - RSS 2.0
Prev
1 ... 7778798081828384858687888990919293 ... 139
Next
continued from page 84"

i have seen multiple pages be blank and just have that text like that so i am done with pick your path thing
i will admit the fact this has 139 pages(according to the text i copied and pasted above) is impressive