Picture shows Assassin's Creed 3 in Egypt?

HSIAMetalKing

Jan 2, 2008
Legend of J said:
I was hopin AC was set in present day.
Bet you anything the final mission of AC3 involves you controlling Desmond in the present day.

After seeing the ending of AC2, I honestly don't know what to expect-- I was actually hoping for something more along the lines of...

... using the Animus to control Adam in the "Garden of Eden" that is revealed when you solve all the Glyph Puzzles. That would really emphasize the series' focus on genetic history-- allowing Desmond to control his most distant relative-- perhaps everyone's most distant relative-- as he and Eve steal the Apple of Eden, which is the origin of the whole Assassins/Templars conflict (at least, that's what I gathered).

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
I'm waiting for the official announcement on this one. Egypt sounds like a good concept but I don't want to excite myself and then be disappointed.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Guys they confirmed a while ago that the next game is going to follow Ezio again and lead on from where AC2 left off. It is called Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and it will have multiplayer as templars in training using the animi(plural?)

http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/brotherhood/#/weapons - the official site for it

Rabid Meese said:
After that, it is speculated to be set in modern times.
They always made a point that the game would be a trilogy so I'm not too sure about that. Think it will likely be like the last one with animus and present day sections.

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
Pandalisk said:
But its a trilogy i thought? isn't this the last one?..

Maybe they need you to go back in time (Well not really..But you know what i mean!) and kill various basterds to learn something in order destroy the Templars in the Present really bloody easy..Yeah that seems like a cop out Ubisoft would do.
I didn't know it was a trilogy. And as long as they did that cop out well, I wouldn't mind as much. Personally I'm still mystified as to how they'll do the present day, doesn't matter how kickass they make Desmond, I don't think those wrist blades will stop bullets.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Legend of J said:
I was hopin AC was set in present day.
I'd imagine the third game will be far more evenly split between the ancestor and Desmond. The whole point of 2 was to train Desmond after all.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Gabanuka said:
I'm hoping for Fudal Japan myself, Assassins creed 3: Modern Warfare isn't my cuppa tea.
Check out a game called Tenchu Z, its a bit old and has its flaws, but its bascially an assasins creed in Feudal Japan

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Dr Grimoure said:
DemonGuy792 said:
Hmm, looks interesting, but I'll elect to hold my breath and wait for an official announcement. Personally, while Egypt sounds like a pretty cool setting for an Assassin's Creed game, I thought they were aiming for a feudal Japanese setting. Still, I'm hoping for one set in ancient Rome myself.
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is in Rome I thought?
Ancient Rome, or Renaissance Rome? I assumed it'd be the latter, but if it is ancient Rome, then I'm that much more interested. In any case, at least its a game in Rome, but I had hoped for a game set in the Roman time period, with, y'know, gladiators, and Emperors and Ben-Hur style chariot racing and whatnots.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Mechsoap said:
i was hopeing for a female character in maybe the 1800th century
If they use the Animus that would be weird gender swap experience for Desmond.

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
an eagle holding a picture of something that looks like it's from moldova or simillar, some pyramids, a rising sun and a samurai...Japan/asia, Egypt/africa, eastern europe/europe and U.S.A.
Collecting artifacts from all over the world?

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Captain Pirate said:
Pandalisk said:
But its a trilogy i thought? isn't this the last one?..

Maybe they need you to go back in time (Well not really..But you know what i mean!) and kill various basterds to learn something in order destroy the Templars in the Present really bloody easy..Yeah that seems like a cop out Ubisoft would do.
I didn't know it was a trilogy. And as long as they did that cop out well, I wouldn't mind as much. Personally I'm still mystified as to how they'll do the present day, doesn't matter how kickass they make Desmond, I don't think those wrist blades will stop bullets.
I read it was somewhere

Anyway i'd imagine if they did it would be like splinter cell.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
could be my monitor but that looked like concept art to me. If that was concept art it could likely be quite old. AC1 took place in the 12th Century, AC2 the 16th. I think they're trying to progress forward in time. Not that playing in Egypt wouldn't be awesome. Also, since Ezio is genetically linked to Altiar, there's no reason that Altiar isn't linked to an older Egyptian Assassin. The main problem with doing an Ancient Egypt themed game is how little we know about Ancient Egypt when compared to 11th Century Jerusalem [which probably wasn't a 10 minute horse-ride away from Acre or Damascus] or, 16th Century Italy. It just seems unlikely to me that after two games of [mostly] historical accuracy the developers would take such a shot-in-the-dark with Egypt when they [likely] know a lot of people want to see Desmond finally put Ezio and Altair's skills to use in his own time.

Someone posted above that they would like to see a Feudal Japan era AC. I would too but, it wouldn't work if Desmond is the one using the...piece of technology whose title I forget...and would require a separate story arc. Like say, the Templar using a kidnapped and brain-washed Japanese girl as their anti-Desmond? She is introduced in AC3 and you play her side of the story in AC-Feudal Japan

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
Gabanuka said:
Mechsoap said:
i was hopeing for a female character in maybe the 1800th century
If they use the Animus that would be weird gender swap experience for Desmond.
atleast it wont be identical looking desmond clones

Confidingtripod

May 29, 2010
It would be best to bring one out where you play as multiple people in multiple time/places.Lots of short storys combining into a big one as with the others being two why cant this have a modern for one or two missons,a medival japan,a ancient egipt,a cold war one,hey they could even have a pre-historic one with cavemen and retractable clubs instead of knives (ok maby not that one) but what im saying is theres plent of possable routs to take and it would really mix up gameplay to go between them even multiple endings depending on what you did at the end of each,but that would be hard to develop and write,still good though...

and aswell I noticed people talking about it being a trilogy,well I heard there was one called bloodlines or something and it was on the PSP or DS or some hand-held dont know how true that is but it might explain how you ended up in italy.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
Egypt sounds good, but I don't mind where the setting or the time period is as long as they write a good story like they did for AC2. I lost my entire Christmas because of that game.