Piercings and body modification

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Meh. I have 30 piercings and 7 tattoos. I obviously like them and on other people.

The only one I dislike is massively stretched ears, to the point of you'll need them stitched up up to close them, and when people get their tongue sliced so it looks like a Snakes or something.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Elate said:
So after recently getting my 5th piercing (Eyebrow) which was by far the most painful one I've had to date, and quite a few people being all "OHH WHY WOULD YOU EVEN?", I was wondering escapists; who of you has piercings, tattoos or other forms of body modification?

If you don't have any, would you want to get any? If not, why not? Do you find them attractive? And what is the worst piercing/tattoo/body mod you've ever seen?

Lets have a civil conversation about putting metal in ourselves to get away from the gender wars and politics for a change!

(Also there was a thread on this, but I didn't fancy necro'ing a year old thread.)
I'm asking why you'd do that, but mostly because eyebrow piercings are silly. Those suckers get ripped out SO quickly.

OT: Thanks to the wonders of Omegle and the penis game (1st to 100 points wins. 1 penis = 1 point. The more interesting the penis, the more points), I've seen a prince albert and WHY THE SHITTING BUTTS DOES THAT SEEM LIKE A GOOD IDEA?!

Grathius22

Jul 6, 2010
I love piercings and tattoos. I think tattoos are beautiful, like art, if original and consistent. Not just some sloppy ink thrown on at random. As for piercings, I just have a fondness for them. They're not special or have meaning but are just cool looking or pretty.

I have pierced ears but haven't worn earrings for a really long time. I've pierced my septum multiple times and I'll probably do it again but usually let it heal up by accident (Like losing a ring).

As for tattoos, I don't have any yet because I'm underage and there's now way my parents would let me. However, I already have some pretty awesome ideas.

zumbledum

Nov 13, 2011
dont have and never would get a piercing of any kind, i just find the idea of metal invading the body to be well horrifying. not sure if its from a cousin with a big metal pin in his knee after a bike crash or the works of giger and co but it gives me the creeps.
Odly it doesnt bother me on other people.

Tattoo no, i dont think i ever will , nothing against them just dont know of anything i want to have printed on me for the rest of my life. again dont mind them on others and some look very nice, but there are plenty of clear errors

Beliyal

Big Stupid Jellyfish
Jun 7, 2010
omega 616 said:
If anybody is of that mindset of "I am only going to get tattoos that mean something to me" and tell me what you think of people like me, who get meaningless ones 'cos I am quite interested.
Hi! I'm somewhat of that mindset. I don't really resent "meaningless" tattoos, I actually only resent people who go to the tattoo studio, say they want a tattoo, open Google and pick the first picture that comes out of Google search (I've witnessed it personally). Well, "resent" is a pretty strong word; I actually just think they are far more likely to regret getting a tattoo (and the myth of regretting your tattoos when you're older probably mostly comes from people doing that). However, if you decided to get a tribal, picked a design carefully and thought about it for more than half an hour, I've got nothing against that. But I'm immediately suspicious about people who go get a tattoo for the sake of getting a tattoo, people who don't put much thought in the design of it and don't think that having something on your skin for the rest of your life should be carefully decided.

Anyway, on topic, I have six tattoos. Each has a meaning on its own and they all have a combined meaning as well. I'm a sucker for symbolism and meanings so. They are; one rune on both of my hands, one symbol on the upper part of my back, one symbol on my right leg, one word in Greek alphabet on my stomach (bellow the bellybutton) and one longer inscription in Latin on my ribs (left side).

When it comes to piercings, I am never going to get one done because I have an extremely paranoid thought of having a piercing and it getting ripped off. It's one of the most unnerving things I can think of (and yes, I've heard of stories from my friends of piercings getting ripped off. Most recent was from my cousin who got her earring ripped. I mean, her skin that the earring was attached to. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it). On other people, I don't care; it can look attractive or ridiculous, but that depends on the person.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
I don?t have any piercings, nor do I have any plans to get any in the future. Not that I have anything against them (I tend to find some piercings attractive on women and, on some occasions, men?mostly nipple, penis and clit piercings, and I?m kind of curious about what it?s like to have a blowjob from someone with a tongue stud too); it?s just that I don?t think I?d be able to handle the pain, I?m scared I?d regret it, and I don?t really want pieces of metal sticking out of my body.

Tattoos, on the other hand?yeah, I find them attractive on women and I wouldn?t mind having a little one on my arm or something. Once, when I was in CeX buying a video game, I saw this guy who had an awesome Dragon Ball Z tattoo around his arm. It looked so crisp and detailed.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Beliyal said:
omega 616 said:
If anybody is of that mindset of "I am only going to get tattoos that mean something to me" and tell me what you think of people like me, who get meaningless ones 'cos I am quite interested.
Hi! I'm somewhat of that mindset. I don't really resent "meaningless" tattoos, I actually only resent people who go to the tattoo studio, say they want a tattoo, open Google and pick the first picture that comes out of Google search (I've witnessed it personally). Well, "resent" is a pretty strong word; I actually just think they are far more likely to regret getting a tattoo (and the myth of regretting your tattoos when you're older probably mostly comes from people doing that). However, if you decided to get a tribal, picked a design carefully and thought about it for more than half an hour, I've got nothing against that. But I'm immediately suspicious about people who go get a tattoo for the sake of getting a tattoo, people who don't put much thought in the design of it and don't think that having something on your skin for the rest of your life should be carefully decided
I have known from a very young age I will have a lot of tattoos, I remember thinking that tattoos looked awesome and since then I just wanted them. I also remember saying to my mum what she thought of me getting a tattoo ('cos I know a lot of parents are like "absolutely not!" like there kids skin is somehow there's) and she said "I can't exactly say no, otherwise I would be a hypocrite" ... although when she first saw the first section (top of the shoulder to just past the elbow on the outer arm) she shook her head and said "it's a bit big isn't it?".

As far as the "you will regret it when your older" thing, I have this to quote ... "WHY?!!! When I am older - and that is assuming I get to be older - I'm probably not going to be wandering around semi-naked. Not many octaganarions do. And, if I turn potty as a toothbrush and do decide to wander around naked, why on earth am I going to regret decorating my body anyway? How many people over 60 give you the horn if you see them nekkid? Not many, right? So, wouldn't a few natty pictures, however wrinkled, discoloured and creased, just ease the pain of seeing a naked old person anyway??!! Fucking morons."

It always strikes me as VERY fucking hypocritical that these same people will do at least one of the following, drink, smoke or tan/use sun beds ... all of which don't do pleasant things to your health. All tattoos do is make what would otherwise be a patch of bland skin look more interesting.

Why would I regret something that makes me look pretty and (as far as I am aware) has no negative health aspects, when they are the ones who are damaging there body for a nights entertainment?

So what if when I am older they make me look like I have some weird condition that makes my skin look like it has black marks over it? At least my liver/lungs are in better condition and I don't have skin cancer from looking like a cheesy poof.

Beliyal

Big Stupid Jellyfish
Jun 7, 2010
omega 616 said:
Beliyal said:
omega 616 said:
snip
I have known from a very young age I will have a lot of tattoos, I remember thinking that tattoos looked awesome and since then I just wanted them. I also remember saying to my mum what she thought of me getting a tattoo ('cos I know a lot of parents are like "absolutely not!" like there kids skin is somehow there's) and she said "I can't exactly say no, otherwise I would be a hypocrite" ... although when she first saw the first section (top of the shoulder to just past the elbow on the outer arm) she shook her head and said "it's a bit big isn't it?".

As far as the "you will regret it when your older" thing, I have this to quote ... "WHY?!!! When I am older - and that is assuming I get to be older - I'm probably not going to be wandering around semi-naked. Not many octaganarions do. And, if I turn potty as a toothbrush and do decide to wander around naked, why on earth am I going to regret decorating my body anyway? How many people over 60 give you the horn if you see them nekkid? Not many, right? So, wouldn't a few natty pictures, however wrinkled, discoloured and creased, just ease the pain of seeing a naked old person anyway??!! Fucking morons."

It always strikes me as VERY fucking hypocritical that these same people will do at least one of the following, drink, smoke or tan/use sun beds ... all of which don't do pleasant things to your health. All tattoos do is make what would otherwise be a patch of bland skin look more interesting.

Why would I regret something that makes me look pretty and (as far as I am aware) has no negative health aspects, when they are the ones who are damaging there body for a nights entertainment?

So what if when I am older they make me look like I have some weird condition that makes my skin look like it has black marks over it? At least my liver/lungs are in better condition and I don't have skin cancer from looking like a cheesy poof.
I agree with you completely. When you decide very early that you want tattoos and actually think about it for a long time, it really doesn't matter what kind of a tattoo you put on your body. I had a similar experience; for as long as I can remember, I wanted a tattoo one day. Eventually, I decided that I'd like something that has a meaning (to me), but I also considered getting some tattoos that would be for decoration purposes only (maybe I get them one day). In the end, whether some tattoo means something to you or not, they are all body decorations one way or the other (and random people that see you with it certainly won't know if it has any meaning). And people often ask "What does it mean?"; I'm not sure why though. It doesn't necessarily need to have a meaning.

And about regretting, I'm with you. That argument never made any sense to me, and a lot of people asked me that. "What are you going to do with your tattoos when you're fifty?" Why should I be doing anything with them? In fifty years time when I'm seventy years old I'm pretty sure that tattoos on my body will not in any way affect my life. I'll be a cool tattooed grandma; it certainly beats being a grumpy old-fashioned one. Well, actually, I don't think I'll walk around showing my tattoos when I'm seventy years old, but still.

So, I guess I'm not really of that mindset you described. As I said, I just dislike when people decide getting a tattoo on a whim. Like, they walk by a tattoo studio and decide to hop in and get a tattoo. People like that might ask themselves what were they thinking after a few years, but to each his own. I used to be much more judgmental about "meaningless" tattoos, but now not so much. Not everything has to have "meaning"; if a tattoo looks good, it's a piece of body art, with or without the meaning.

Captcha: live in the now. Seems appropriate.

Elate

Nov 21, 2010
piinyouri said:
Why hello, I used to be very active on those forums indeed.. Then it died.

neoontime said:
I find them very attractive.. Tasteful ones that is, very few people want to look like their face is a magnet, that and I find the sensation of having metal in skin/flesh rather relaxing, yeah I know it makes no sense but works for me.

madseverus said:
Yep, and I don't hear about things like that from anywhere else, is it just England or something? I've had chavs shouting at me in the street for no reason at all, not even drunk, although those aren't uncommon either.

Radelaide said:
Oh I don't know, this one has been fine, in fact I've had the opposite problem of pushing on it accidentally far to many times, don't see how I could rip this out, far more likely to rip my nostril ring out. Also I'm saving up for a Prince Albert, looks scary as hell, but they just look so pretty.

madseverus

Aug 22, 2012
Elate said:
madseverus said:
Yep, and I don't hear about things like that from anywhere else, is it just England or something? I've had chavs shouting at me in the street for no reason at all, not even drunk, although those aren't uncommon either.
I don't know actually, it must just be England 'cause I've never heard of things like that in other places either =/ I find it really annoying when people like that can't just mind their own business.

sethisjimmy

May 22, 2009
I don't have any, and don't have a desire to get any, however I do find both tattoos and piercings quite attractive in the opposite sex.

Varis

lp0 on fire
Feb 24, 2012
Got a lip piercing and a couple of earrings. I like details. It shows on my clothes as well!

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
I don't have any piercings or tattoos but I intend to have sun glasses implanted in my face Adam Jensen style if that counts. As for why I haven't gotten any it's mostly due to the pain involved as it's something I know I wouldn't handle well. I find piercings can be attractive but I have a thing with any piercings south of the equator, I can't help but be a little turned off by them, as for tattoos once again it depends, for instance I find Tramp Stamps, stars, butterflies and Chinese characters very unattractive but bigger, intricate tattoos especially on the upper body or face pretty attractive...

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
My friend at work has like, all of the old Alice in Wonderland movie characters tattooed on her leg, it's awesome. So yeah, tats are cool if they aren't boring. Also nose studs are hot.

thePyro_13

Sep 6, 2008
I hate the idea of getting piercings, tattoos or other body modifications. I also find them unattractive(though I've seen some tattoos that weren't so bad).

squidface

Jun 3, 2012
I wouldn't say I particularly find them 'attractive' but I appreciate body mods, especially awesome/cool/pretty tattoos. I'm not going to find a guy more attractive than another based on the fact he has a tattoo or a lip piercing or something (not counting it for girls because girls are more often pierced in my experience).

I have a belly piercing x 1, each earlobe has 2 piercings in them. I want more but usually can't afford, as any other piercings are £20 + around here. I would get a tattoo but I need a reliable tattoo parlour, with good artists and also a good idea for one/a few before I consider actually spending money on that kind of thing. So yeah.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
Does a couple of prosthetic fingertips count?

But as for piercings and tattoos...no, have none of those and don't really have any plans. I think they make people look unattractive and when it comes time to find work many employers dislike them.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
I currently have no piercings. I don't plan on getting any.

When you put "Body Modifications" in the title, I thought you meant something across this kind of modification.

I find a lot of piercings to be unattractive as well as tattoos. I guess I'm the definition of vanilla. Or boring. Any synonym works here.