Piers Morgan VS. Alex Jones :guns

adamsaccount

Jan 3, 2013
Dont deport him unless its to the north pole, we don't want him back here in the uk.
I tend to agree with the furious man but to a much lesser degree, and disagree with him on a lot of points (he really isn't doing his side any favours by being as irate as that and hes fucking deluded about prozac, of course people on anti depressants are going to have a higher suicide rate, its a fucking drug for depressed people). 2nd amendment is for a reason but more controls are needed, it should be a harshly punishable crime to not have guns properly locked up, especially if you have kids.

Honestly I think what they did here is to get a very uptight paranoid man who cant argue for shit to make piers morgan look better and more correct by comparison.

The more liberties you have the better, and the 2nd amendment is just one.

adamsaccount

Jan 3, 2013
Ultratwinkie said:
Peirs has the charisma of a Neo-nazi raping a baby and the reasoning powers of Glen Beck.
Says it all really. Its pretty funny though when the other bloke starts doing that British accent. If thats the kinda guy they need to stick next to Piers Morgan to make him look good then what hope is there for him.

edit: also that is not journalism, thats a fucking circus act

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
I don't feel sorry for Morgan. He knows full well that Alex Jones is.... well.... unhinged to say the least. He invited him on that show knowing full well the reaction he'd get, because he wants his name out there.

But man is that Alex Jones a nutty, nutty guy.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
All Morgan wanted to do by inviting on Jones is to try and look like the "reasonable one" again after how he acted with Larry Pratt. In this he basically did exactly what Alex Jones did except not quite as well. I hate Jones as much as the next guy, but you gotta admit he does his thing well.

Britisheagle

May 21, 2009
One of the comments underneath the clip on Youtube summed this up nicely:

There is nothing wrong with having a gun to protect your home and your family, but this man seems too unstable to own a toothbrush.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
The best thing Piers Morgan ever did was being punched in the face by Jeremy Clarkson.
Not saying Alex Jones is any better though.

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
I alwyas love the way people (in this case Jones) say ''Oh we need guns to protect us from the government and other crazy people''. The US is a (sort of) democratic coutry with a system based on Montesquieu's tri split of power. (Lawgiving, justice speaking, and executive) This system protects the citizens from state in a legal way. (''If you cannot afford a lawyer you will be appointed one'') So you don't need guns to protect you against the state. Other crazy people is more reasonable, but still: if guns wouldn't be so easily accesible, then other crazy people wouldn't get to them so easily either, and the gocernment would be able to protect you with a reasonable police force.

I agree with Jones to a certain point, that guns can be used for personal protection. But he can't convince me that you would need a full-automatic heavy assault rifle for that.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I came here after reading the thread title.

I expected to see Piers Morgan and Alex Jones in a duel with guns.....

I am disappoint.

No, I have nothing constructive to add.

Piers Morgan is a massive bellend and I have no idea who Alex Jones is.

Deport Piers Morgan?

I'd rather you didn't, it took us years to get rid of the bugger and they want to send him back....

Coppernerves

Oct 17, 2011
This was the first time I'd ever heard about Alex Jones, like a previous poster said, it wasn't journalism, it was a circus act, with Piers as the slimy ringmaster/terribly incompetent lion tamer, and Alex Jones as the clown/freak.

It was absolutely awesome, I laughed my head off and went to try and find more of Alex Jones.

EDIT: I can see lots of memes coming out of this eg.
1776 WILL COMMENCE AGAIN!
If you try to take our Ponies!

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
Henkie36 said:
I agree with Jones to a certain point, that guns can be used for personal protection. But he can't convince me that you would need a full-automatic heavy assault rifle for that.
Notably, fully automatic firearms aren't particularly easy to acquire legally in the United States and are used in very, very few crimes. They require strict additional licensing and a pretty significant financial investment. The AR-15 variant rifles used in these recent shootings aren't even capable of firing in burst or automatic, which by definition, means they aren't even assault rifles. They look like assault rifles, but they aren't assault rifles in functionality.

I have an AR-15. It's a Colt AR-15 "Sporter" HBAR, .223 Remington. I use it for hunting from time to time, but mostly it's just for plinking targets at the local range for recreation. All legal, and no one is being harmed. That said, they don't make ideal personal defense weapons. For individual and home defense, there really isn't a whole lot that they can do that a handgun or a shotgun can't do better - and with less risk of collateral damage.

My understanding of the issue however is that it's not about what's "ideal" for defense in a given scenario. It's a matter of having choice and variety restricted due to a reactionary response to a tragedy. The use of AR-15 clones recently is actually a bit of an anomaly. It's fairly rare for that style of weapon to be used in gun crime. The majority of gun crime in the US is committed with handguns in fairly common chamberings like .22, 9x19mm, and .45ACP since they're cheap, easy to acquire, and easy to conceal. The argument that it's their magazine capacity that makes AR-15 style rifles so dangerous is the best argument I've seen so far, and it's mostly irrelevant since high-capacity magazines exist for handguns as well. I met a man at a firing range once who, for whatever reason, liked to use a 100-round C-Mag drum, similar in design to the one used with the rifle in Aurora, with his 9x19mm Glock-17 handgun. So to them, starting off with AR-15's and other similar rifles in the wake of tragedy is just step one into easing the public as a whole into complete disarmament.

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
America, I don't ask you for much, but please don't send him back.... do whatever you like with him (shoot him, for all I care) but we don't want the obnoxious little twunt either!!

Hobbit in Denial

Apr 28, 2010
IckleMissMayhem said:
America, I don't ask you for much, but please don't send him back.... do whatever you like with him (shoot him, for all I care) but we don't want the obnoxious little twunt either!!
Here here!

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
When Piers Morgan is the voice of reason you know you're in trouble.

This is a country that is trying to export democracy to the world and yet it has absolutely zero faith in it as shown by the way people furiously cling to the second amendment. The idea that this law from 1791, before the invention of not just machine guns but before the invention of the fucking REVOLVER, is in any way relevant to modern society is... well, about as backwards as I've come to expect from 'merica.

The simplistic terms people use like "good guys" and "bad guys" is just showing what little understanding people have of the real problems here. I mean it's literally like the dicks, pussies and assholes speech from Team America.

srm79

Jan 31, 2010
Hobbit in Denial said:
IckleMissMayhem said:
Here here!
Even in the unlikely event they do kick him out (unlikely because the First Amendment protects him here I believe), he would be unlikely to come back to Blighty, on account of the fact that he would probably be met at the gate by Plod. Something about phone hacking I think...

lazy villian

Jan 7, 2013
srm79 said:
Hobbit in Denial said:
IckleMissMayhem said:
Here here!
Even in the unlikely event they do kick him out (unlikely because the First Amendment protects him here I believe), he would be unlikely to come back to Blighty, on account of the fact that he would probably be met at the gate by Plod. Something about phone hacking I think...
we cans send him, to Canada....
someone get a box that could fit a person, a stick, a string, a story he could exploit and meet me in five.