Pirated a favorite game?

zauxz

Mar 8, 2009
Yes. Yes I have.

Piracy is normal in lithuania. The level of media piracy online is 99%. (no, I'm not making this up)
Here, if you say that you buy ALL of your games, you are considered retarded.

Explanation: people make twice as little and the prices are twice as big as in, say, the usa. (again, not making this up)

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
Never have, never will. Pirating just seems morally wrong to me and seems like a big F you to game designers (which I hope to become one day)

Boneasse

Jul 16, 2008
I pirate games I already own. Since that's technically not illegal. I mean, I'd rather have some of them lying on my harddrive than on a CD (which I tend to loose). Unless there's a multiplayer element to it, then I don't.

That's basically it, though.

Mekado

Mar 20, 2009
pwnzerstick said:
Have you ever pirated a game that became one of your favorites? If so how did you feel after you did? I downloaded braid because I heard it wasn't worth the money, but I was interested so I tried it and loved it. Now I feel very guilty for doing so.
imo, the right thing to do in this morally questionnable situation is; you pirated it and you liked it, then buy it legally (even if you already have the data) you'd be effectively supporting a company that made a product you liked.

I'm not ashamed to say i sometimes do the same, but if a game that magically found itself on my computer turns out to be something i like, i buy it.

Mr.Black

Oct 27, 2009
Man everyone is so high and mighty about not pirating games ever. I've pirated a few games. I bet you all hate me now, right?

MMMowman

Mar 9, 2009
I HAD to get the pirated version of Fallout 3 GOTY because the brought version wasn't working...

Flour

Mar 20, 2008
Because of a loophole in some law, downloading games/movies/music is not completely legal, but as long as I'm not making it available for others, it's technically allowed. Hell, from what I've read, large corporations(mostly music and film) have tried to get that law changed but politicians, internet providers and some consumer rights organisation managed to keep it the way it is.(might have been changed in the last year, but I never heard or read anything about that)

So.. I actually don't know anyone that hasn't downloaded anything. However, since Even Evil Has Standards [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvenEvilHasStandards] I do not download indie games, most of my downloads are old games I can't find in stores(or I already bought them but lost a CD) and I will buy any game that made me feel guilty about downloading it.(not like there's a lot to feel guilty about when my pc has problems with Black and White...)