Pirates Crack Mac App Store Within Hours

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
Lord_Beric said:
Mackheath said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hackulous.

Do these people even TRY and make cool names anymore?
No, because most of them are bored 15 year old script kiddies that still think "i pwn j00 n00bs" is the way all folk on the 'Net speak.
15 year olds who can apparently hack brand new software made by the most protectionist company in the business in under a day...
/this

Some wicked smart 15 year olds. Even with the nets speech impediment it?s good to see young people applying themselves to anything at all today. It honestly gives me hope for the future.

Popido

Oct 21, 2010
Lord_Beric said:
Mackheath said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hackulous.

No, because most of them are bored 15 year old script kiddies that still think "i pwn j00 n00bs" is the way all folk on the 'Net speak.
15 year olds who can apparently hack brand new software made by the most protectionist company in the business in under a day...
15 year old script kiddy is smarter than your avarage Escapist monger.

Hackulous is a bad name? Hackulous of War, Call of Hack, Hackulous:Reach, Mass Hackulous, HackAge.

The Stonker

Feb 26, 2009
Alon Shechter said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hackulous.

Come up with a cool name for a hacker group.
Right now, no cheating, just come up with a a name that everyone sees as "cool".
Anyways,
YEAH! F*** YOU APPLE!
Bandits of the web.
Or BOW!

Alon Shechter

Apr 8, 2010
The Stonker said:
Alon Shechter said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hackulous.

Come up with a cool name for a hacker group.
Right now, no cheating, just come up with a a name that everyone sees as "cool".
Anyways,
YEAH! F*** YOU APPLE!
Bandits of the web.
Or BOW!
Touche, good sir.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
JEBWrench said:
Mackheath said:
OT: Not surprised in the slightest. The pirates will always find a way around security, no matter how strenuous or solid it is.
Or, in this case, nearly non-existent.

Seriously? Copying the signature and receipt from a free app?
Did developers really buy the "Apple products are completely secure" nonsense?
It's laughable. They really didn't try nearly hard enough.

Ultimately, I think the Mac App Store is an attempt to lock down on the operating system, so I wouldn't mind if the wind gets removed from its sails very quickly. Buyer (or in this case, developer) beware.

july57

Oct 28, 2009
I think "Mac App" sounds like something you'd get at McDonald's:
"Can I help you?"
"Yes, I'd like a Macapp with large fries and a shake"

RvLeshrac

This is a Forum Title.
Oct 2, 2008
Tamminga said:
This is getting ridiculous, companies should at least able to host content for one day without being hacked.
As they pointed out, as the PS3 hackers pointed out, the companies can reduce the level of interest in hacking their products if they don't screw their customers.

And yes, Apple's hard-assed stance on anything they don't agree with appearing in the App Store, while they have no problem with developers selling *crap* to customers who don't know any better, is well over the line into "screwing customers" territory.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Sevre said:
I don't like Apple or Pirates so I have inner conflict over who to support on this. Apple are too protectionist, Pirates have no sense of value(especially these ones). My remedy is to cheer for the winning side.
In cases like these, I tend to hope they somehow wipe each other out.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Tldr: Apple tries to extort it's customers by demanding money for newgrounds/kongregate/armorgames content, angry customers tell them to fuck off.

And stop confusing pirates with crackers, they're not the same.

Chaos Marine

Feb 6, 2008
Apple are worse than Microsoft in regards to limits and such. They lie through their teeth far more brazenly than any other company and it regularly dumbfounds me how they get away with it too.

I have no sympathy for people who use Macs when they start realising that everything doesn't just work with a Mac. Fact is, lots and lots of stuff don't work with Macs.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Tamminga said:
This is getting ridiculous, companies should at least able to host content for one day without being hacked.
They should also be reminded when they have holes in it.

AugustFall

May 5, 2009
cerebus23 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hackulous.

C'mon we're talking about mac users here.

This makes me lol though. God I hate Apple.
Don't troll.

I'm not sure I understand all the talk about the "crap" in the article. Hackulous sounds pretty douchey.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Chaos Marine said:
Apple are worse than Microsoft in regards to limits and such. They lie through their teeth far more brazenly than any other company and it regularly dumbfounds me how they get away with it too.

I have no sympathy for people who use Macs when they start realising that everything doesn't just work with a Mac. Fact is, lots and lots of stuff don't work with Macs.
Despite everybody saying that I don't think any of them have named one thing Apple does that others don't.

Take existing products and making them bigger? Every Monitor and TV producer ever.

Overpricing? Depends on opinion and where you live (£60-£100 for a shitty Windows OS that is just a tweaked version of an even shittier Windows OS? Not bloody likely)

The App store? People have paying for glorified Flash games long before this (Plants vs Zombies and Super Meat Boy anyone?)

Locking down Hardware/Software? pretty sure Sony's been doing that (along with EVERY company that uses DRM)

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
theriddlen said:
Erana said:
Wait, Mac app store exists?!

I'm sorry, Apple, that was really bad aversisement when I've never heard of it. I'm like the Escapist's resident Mac gamer! I feel betrayed! D:

I guess the platform needs the publicity...
It was released yesterday, so you know, not really much time to gain popularity.
Come on. Its Apple we're talking about here. The people who made people actually buy a product called the, "iPad." This isn't just a lack of hype building like they usually do, its a lack of awareness of its existence.
Something's fishy here, and its not just those fish-smelling pirates cracking into it.

Djinni

Mar 29, 2010
Lord_Beric said:
I'm trying to figure out what everyone means by "protectionist". Is that like when I build a store and stock it and put locks on the door and a security system linked to the police? Cause I think that people who protect their own stuff are what I would call "smart". But somehow I don't think that everyone here is meaning "protectionist = smart".