Pirates Face Disconnection

Jugular

Aug 2, 2009
UK Pirates to be exact.

"Lord Mandelson has reportedly prodded through a proposal to disconnect alleged file sharers, without judicial process, and without waiting for OFCOM to see if such a measure is even needed."

Sounds scary to me seeing is there is about 6 million file-sharers in the UK and some have to be on the escapist.

What do you think of this?

pipboy2010

Aug 24, 2009
I want to be outraged and feel hard done by, but then I feel like I'd be the same as those drivers who break the speed limit and claim they're hard done by when they get a ticket.

It's ultimately illegal, and as much as I hate that it's come to this, it's only a matter of time.

EDIT: Actually, having re-read that. the whole 'without process' part is pretty infuriating. If it's illegal, fine, but follow procedure ffs.

Crayzor

Aug 16, 2009
And what about innocent people (eg. family members) sharing their connection with the pirate?

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
This riles me so much its not even funny. Not so much the filesharing thing even though its complete overkill and goes against the government's own advice.

Lord Mandelson? The guy is not even an elected official why is this clown making any decisions that impact upon my life?

First up againt the wall when the revolution comes

Jugular

Aug 2, 2009
Adaephon Delat said:
And what about innocent people (eg. family members) sharing their connection with the pirate?
Ah good point. Well I guess they don't need a reason now!

Motti

Jan 26, 2009
Jugular said:
without judicial process, and without waiting for OFCOM to see if such a measure is even needed.
Funny, last time I checked, prosecution without judicial process is contrary to a little thing called human rights.
Amnesty will have a field day. Mark my words.

Jugular

Aug 2, 2009
Pipotchi said:
Lord Mandelson? The guy is not even an elected official why is this clown making any decisions that impact upon my life?
What a dick.

Kain904

Apr 29, 2009
I'd say that this Lord Mandelson is trying to find a way to up his position in parliment by coming up with radical new terms for stopping piracy, which has become a major issue as of late. He's also probably just trying to save face after he was forced to resign from his position twice. ITs been reported that he never had an intrest in this kind of thing before he went on holiday to greece where he met a number of influenctal people including the founder of Dreamworks, and they pushed the issue on him.

That being said they may still take this seriously and bring this thing into effect.

Epitome

Jul 17, 2009
Darth Mandelson, serious the only people who would make this man a Lord are the Sith(MTW reference)
Its also coincidental he came out with al this after a lovely dinner on an island in Corfu with
David Geffin,
http://webnewssite.com/2009/08/31/peter-mandelson-defends-his-sudden-conversion-to-kicking-people-off-the-internet/

this makes for interesting reading.

But hey in Ireland today The Pirate Bay go blocked by Eircom cause they didnt have the cash to fight IRMA in court. So in response i am going to at least treble my efforts.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
Try it I'll join everyone else in protest, the government has been grating on my nerves as of late seriously sick of overpaid fat old fucks totaly disconnected form the real world pushing bad legislation for back rubs from their financial buddies.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Fucking hell. This is going to go wrong.

Can you imagine the amount of people who are suddenly disconnected when they've never shared anything? This would be a nightmare. Besides, Mandelson is Hitler/Palpatine rolled into one. Pure evil.

PS. What about people who ONLY file share legal files like patches? What a dick head, maybe if he knew anything about it in anyway then it wouldn't be a completely fucked up idea (only 99% fucked up).

PPS. I'm aware that most people who file share won't do it exclusively with legal files - I'm just saying... some of them out there must do.

DrunkWithPower

Apr 17, 2009
Dick move, I have a feeling the government going to get burned by this. No due justice equals LAWSUITS OUT THE YING YANG!

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Jugular said:
UK Pirates to be exact.

"Lord Mandelson has reportedly prodded through a proposal to disconnect alleged file sharers, without judicial process, and without waiting for OFCOM to see if such a measure is even needed."

Sounds scary to me seeing is there is about 6 million file-sharers in the UK and some have to be on the escapist.

What do you think of this?
Vote Pirate Party UK!

Gilbert Munch said:
Eww... Mandelson... get back to Transylvania.
He's impossible to kill! I half expect when the Conservative are voted in, he'll STILL be in power. I recommend we flame thrower his house and get the coffin whilst he sleeps.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Prodded through? I'm assuming that doesn't mean that it was passed, just that they'll be hearing it in Parliament?

I don't see it taking on much life. Hopefully some of your politicians will grow a pair and stand up against it.

Plus, against human rights, and so on.