Pirates of the Caribbean

Slemmy

Jul 25, 2010
So as some of you might know, or most of you do know, the Disney corporation is planning on making Pirates of the Caribbean 4 On Stranger Tides, but not only are they making this fourth installment of the series, they are planning on making a whole new trilogy. Now i have nothing against this series, i actually am a fan of it, but what i cant stand is Disney milking this franchise for all its worth! I dont really know what i think of the idea of them making a new freaking trilogy do i wanted the opinion of you amazing people.

Sougo

Mar 20, 2010
As long as the story itself is somewhat original, I say go for it.

It will be much better than what the rest of Hollywood is producing at the moment. Movies that are nothing but shadows/remakes of the past.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
I don't think it's absolutely necessary anymore especially if the rumor is true that out of the big stars in the past three only Johnny Depp is coming back.

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
Like new characters, plot, etc?

It might be okay, but I doubt it will measure up to the first few.
Depending on if Johnny Depp is on board I guess.

WINDOWCLEAN2

Jan 12, 2009
I was promised a Poll.......

OT: Its Disney. Disney Like money. Films Make money. Nothing else to say really.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
The only good one as far as I'm concerned was the first one. Depp just went overboard after that. Stop making them please.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
I loved the first one, but the second was bland. Then I tried watching the third one but couldn't finish; it was so boring. I wish they hadn't gone into uber-fantasy territory by fighting an actual ship of monsters. It was cool when the enemies were humans by day and undead by night. Not as far-fetched. Or maybe have one monster leading a band of pirates or something...

Subzerowings

May 1, 2009
I actually liked the first two movies, but the third one was terrible.
If they're going to keep going downhill, then please Disney, stop.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
I have high hopes for the Pirates Series. I have a feeling the Fourth one is gonna be good.

PS: Will Turner and Elizabeth Swan aren't returning. They aren't coming back.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
Jack and Barbossa are confirmed as returning. I've always enjoyed the chemistry these characters have, so I'm sure it'll be a fun summer flick, if nothing else. I'm not expecting it to come close to the greatness of Black Pearl (all hope of that went out the window with Dead Man's Chest), but hey, every movie doesn't have to be a masterpiece. Sometimes, it's fun to chill in a nice, air-conditioned theater on a blistering summer's day and just enjoy watching some pirates bang swords for a couple of hours.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I'm excited for more Pirates. I liked all of the the first 3, so any more will make me happy.