Pizza?

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013

[HEADING=2]
Code:
PIZZA!
[/HEADING]​

I love pizza, hot or cold. I usually get it from Pizza Hut when I'm ordering take-out, because they have the cheesy stuffed crust, but stone-oven pizza is the best stuff of all. The best pizza I ever had was in Malaysia, but weirdly I can only really remember that it had black olives on it and the dough was magnificent.

I could eat almost anything on pizza, from spinach, olives and sun-dried tomatoes to ham and pineapple or even haggis and black pudding. How about you?

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
I just finished eating a stuffed crust buffalo chicken pizza from Pizza Hut. I know your joy.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
The only major pizza chain I really enjoy is Papa John's. Dominoes tastes bland. Little Caesar's is worse. Pizza Hut is tolerable, but I would never choose it if given the option. I guess Cici's is good for an all-you-can-eat buffet, and the dessert is worth it.

Generally, though, I look for the best local pizza places. Rhode Island spoiled my family, and we've always been able to find great ones in each new city. Normally I just get pepperoni, but some places make excellent pizzas with other toppings. One of my favorite pizzas is the pepperoni + sausage at Carmine's in Jupiter, Florida, and the cheese pizza at Bottoms Up in Richmond, Virginia is perhaps the thing I miss most about the city (not that there's a lot to miss, though). There was also a place in Rhode Island called Twin's Pizza that would ask you how you wanted your pizza done just like someone would ask how you wanted your steak done.

I also really like getting spinach + tomatoes on pizza, but I rarely see that as an option, and many places that offer it aren't that good.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Im a New Yorker. I dont even know why chain pizza is allowed here.

My favorite part of pizza is sauce. Underrated I think, cause people focus on cheese too much. I dont like cheesy, and I hate when people order (like for a group) a "cheese pizza" cause I worry that some may make the pizza cheesier because of it. I like when I take a bite and dont pull off the cheese. I also like when the bottom of the crust is like, that crumbly stuff. Thats always a good pizza in my book.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Born and raised in St. Louis. Mom was from Chicago, and Dad was a New Yorker. Growing up ordering pizza was more confrontational than the Drop Site Massacre.

Personally, I fought on thin-crust hill with the extra-pepperoni company and provolone cheese wing.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Pizza is one of the few dishes that can be served at any temperature between fresh from the oven hot all the way to night in the fridge cold.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Zontar said:
Pizza is one of the few dishes that can be served at any temperature between fresh from the oven hot all the way to night in the fridge cold.
No, terrible. I can't believe you would even say that. Actually cold pizza is terrible. Everything from hot to roomtemp to chilly is fine, but cold? Absolutely not. What are you? A barbarian? Have you no shame Zontar? I thought better of you.

OT: Yes. I'll take 2 larges please. Pepperoni and black olives.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Zontar said:
No, terrible. I can't believe you would even say that. Actually cold pizza is terrible. Everything from hot to roomtemp to chilly is fine, but cold? Absolutely not. What are you? A barbarian? Have you no shame Zontar? I thought better of you.
You have clearly never had a pepperoni or all dressed straight out of the fridge for breakfast the day after. Because you are wrong, morally, subjectively and objectively.

Oct 12, 2011
My go-to for pizza is a 'take and bake' chain called Papa Murphy's. Specifically, their gourmet chicken garlic. It's made with a white garlic sauce base instead of marinara so my acid reflux will leave me be (and it's just damn tasty anyway).

As for serving pizza? Hot only. Room temp or cold pizza is an abomination unto all nature and should be destroyed before it can infect the world with Nyarlathotep's values. Sadly, anyone who claims cold pizza is good has fallen into insanity and obviously needs to be heavily medicated to prevent them from hurting others or themselves.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
There are many pizzas which I will eat, though mushrooms can fuck off. My favorite is Hawaiian or Greek Pizza.

Recusant

Nov 4, 2014
Silentpony said:
Born and raised in St. Louis. Mom was from Chicago, and Dad was a New Yorker. Growing up ordering pizza was more confrontational than the Drop Site Massacre.

Personally, I fought on thin-crust hill with the extra-pepperoni company and provolone cheese wing.
You poor thing. I always thought that making your kid(s) associate ordering pizza with argument and strife constituted child abuse.

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
I just play it safe with Pizza and have Pepperoni on it, one time we bought a stuffcrust pizza, except because of how the crust was rolled up, it was more like 20% cheese per slice, it kind of got filling/sickly after 1-2 slices. and this was about 2 pizzas split between 6 people. like the cheese was pretty top notch...but yeah.

Vaguely recall eating some sort of chicken pizza once, may have been tikka. wasn't half bad.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I love any and all kinds of pizza, with two exceptions.

When it comes to thick crust, I love New York style pizza. Just dripping with cheese and tomato sauce. Wonderful. I love it best from the food section of S&R, which is my country's equivalent of Costco. It's about the only place to get pizza thicker than an inch. For thin crust, well Italian pizza is the obvious choice. 4 cheese pizza with some parma ham is the shit. I either go to to Cibo, a local Italian food chain, or this place off in the mountains called Amoroma. Not a very subtle name, but I have been going there since I was 5. The Italian guy who owned the place was friends with my grandfather, and passed away a few years ago. His wife, who is a local, kept the place running. Unfortunately, before her husband died, he tried to fulfill his dream of having a bed and breakfast. They moved out of their hole in the wall to a medium-sized complex that was a bar in the basement (which failed), a restaurant on the first floor, and a bed and breakfast on the second floor (also failed). It wasn't sustainable, and after the Italian died his wife stopped trying. They are currently closed and are hopefully going to open somewhere soon.

Oddly enough, the worst pizza I have had was in Rome. The tales of tourist trap shitty pizza were true.

On to my exceptions. As far as toppings go, I'm game for anything, even Hawaiian. I mean, I love this corn beef with feta cheese and potato strips pizza from Shakey's.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pcMRcMLGCKA/V1Qje7hZaQI/AAAAAAAAdLE/Ma8IDTSoOgEK-ez5fj69Wnyp3KPo3fl1wCKgB/s1600/3-Shakeys-PH-Corned-Beef-Crrrunch-Pizza-YedyLicious-Manila-FoodBlog.JPG

But if you put some fucking seafood in my fucking pizza, you can go FUCK yourself. Shrimps and and anchovies? Are you fucking kidding me? Fuck off.

Second, I hate pizza from this local chain called Greenwich. I suspect those fuckers don't even use real mozzarella in their pizza, just some local sweet-ish fake cheese shit.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I generally prefered take away pizza over home baked ones, I just find those alot fresher to eat for some reason. Also favourite topping is mighty meat!

I had recently tried woodfire pizza (a resturant only serving those open last month) which is more crisper to the normal kind. I'm gonna have more of those at my brother wedding.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I would happily live off of pizza if I could get away with it. And fancied dying in the next couple of years because I am pretty sure that living off of pizza would be really bad for you.

I prefer Dominoes over Pizza Hut as I find Pizza Hut pretty bland. However there is a Pizza Hut just around the corner from where I live so its convenient. I haven't tried Papa Johns but think I will next time I get a takeaway. I usually have pepperoni, but if I am feeling extravagant I will add chicken to the mix. Due to my hatred of cooked vegetables, they never end up on my pizza.

Evil Moo

Always Watching...
Feb 26, 2011
When it comes to pizza I have no standards. All pizza is good pizza as long as it doesn't have a topping I particularly don't like. I could happily eat pizza every day and not get bored with it. In fact I pretty much did just that when I was at university.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
I like pretty much all kinds of pizza. I usually order from Dominoes because somehow, what I used to consider one of the shittiest pizza places for normal pizza actually makes the best gluten free pizza. I don't normally order delivery now since it's a lot cheaper just to buy a gluten free crust and add my own toppings. Green olives are probably my favourite topping.

Before I had Celiac, I would order from a local restaurant that did their own take on deep dish pizza. It had a ton of toppings and was always baked with a huge amount of cheese over top. My favourite pizza from them had pepperoni, salami, green peppers, onions, and meat sauce.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Pizza Hut is the best greasy, not good for me but I want the grease, pizza out there. I openly acknowledge its filth but its tasty filth.

My favorite pizza comes from a Greek reastaurant not terribly far from where I live. Pepperoni, anchovies and the stingiest mozzarella. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
[sub][sub]I actually have some from last night. I'm going to go eat that now.[/sub][/sub]

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Pizza is a culinary canvas upon the dreams of all imaginable flavours can be piled upon and roasted to a crisp perfection to suit anybody's ridiculously varied standards. My favourite changes with the seasons and the whims of non-committal taste. That being said, I'm eating chicken kievs with my goddamn paws, pizza can wait!

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Saelune said:
Im a New Yorker. I dont even know why chain pizza is allowed here.

My favorite part of pizza is sauce. Underrated I think, cause people focus on cheese too much. I dont like cheesy, and I hate when people order (like for a group) a "cheese pizza" cause I worry that some may make the pizza cheesier because of it. I like when I take a bite and dont pull off the cheese. I also like when the bottom of the crust is like, that crumbly stuff. Thats always a good pizza in my book.
Honestly. I'm in NJ and I only consider chain pizza if I'm drunk and it's late at night. I feel bad for all of the pizza plebs in this thread.