Place you hate to visit in games

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
If you're like me, you've played a game that has a location that you wish you never had been to even once, and god forbid you ever have to go there a second time.

For me, any time I had to enter an Oblivion gate, I REFUSED to enter those awful NetherTunnels or caves or whatever they were called in order to get to the main tower. I did it early on in the game and got near-hopelessly lost and vowed never to do it again. They suck and they take forever. I've even resorted to swimming through lava to avoid going through the tunnels and this is often a much, much faster way to complete a Gate.

So, my fellow Escapists, what video games locales do you dislike as much as I hate Oblivion tunnels?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
sewers, they are almost universally boring

WaywardHaymaker

Aug 21, 2009
The motherfucking Fade in Dragon Age. Seriously, it fucking killed my first character dead. Not just to a reload screen, but just fucking dead. I rolled him as a cleric type guy, and then the game throws a looong, tedious solo-mission at me when I'm loaded up with Heal, Heroic Offense, and Spirit Bolt.

...Rest in peace, Cleric Warden.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Dark caves. Dear Lord, how I hate those things

Oh, and sewer levels. Those can go die in a fire.

Georgie_Leech

Nov 10, 2009
This is dedicated to all Auto-scroll levels in any platformer game in existence: SCREW YOU. No one likes you.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
I would like to add to the list anything that happens to be goblin-infested. This usually includes caves and sewers (at least in Oblivion).

WaywardHaymaker, I agree with you. The Fade is not a fun place to be. Ever. When I was playing Dragon Age 2 I was completely unprepared for what they do to you there. I had to replay that section sooooo many times... I swear I just got lucky.

thenamelessloser

Jan 15, 2010
the old server in the nameless mod to the game Deus EX. I hated dealing with the boring shadowcode and the linear level. Just seemed so boring and out of place.

Tower of Babel in Xenogears, the jumping in the game really pisses me off.

The side planets in Mass Effect.

The Fade is fine the first time in Dragon Age but really don't want to do it every time I replay. Also, deep roads is just too damn long and just seems like really bad pacing..

probably much more but can't think of any. Maybe blocked the levels from my head. lol

the spud

May 2, 2011
The dunwhitch building in fallout 3. Scared my socks off. There were skeletons flying through the air, doors opening on their own, human sacrafices, talking heads (although that may have been a glitch), all sorts of crazy shit. I never could get myself to get the bobblehead in there.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
Blore said:
Dungeons in Oblivion and Neverwinter nights 2, The Fade in Dragon Age.

Oh, and going into the oblivion gates in oblivion, ffff, I hated them.
I don't mind the oblivion gates as much anymore. I'm able to finish one in about 10 minutes or so. It used to take forever and fighting all the monsters would take forever. But now that I have good weapons/armor, it's a cake walk.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Would it be too obvious if I said The Temple of the Ocean King?
I didn't mind it all that much but everyone I know talks about it like it was the worst thing to ever happen in games.
But I'll go for the single worst place in gaming history, Atlantica in Kingdom Hearts II, the boss battle was almost fun but everything is ruined by these three words
Swim. This. Way.
<youtube=AJuAoVao3Fs>
It feels like my soul is being slowly sliced apart by paper-cuts.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
Drakmeire said:
I didn't mind it all that much but everyone I know talks about it like it was the worst thing to ever happen in games.
But I'll go for the single worst place in gaming history, Atlantica in Kingdom Hearts II, the boss battle was almost fun but everything is ruined by these three words
Swim. This. Way.
<youtube=AJuAoVao3Fs>
OH. DEAR. GOD. I completely forgot about that horrid place. I redact my previous complaints. I'd rather go through multiple Oblivion tunnels than suffer through that again (which is ironic since I'm forced to go through one of said tunnels right now). Sadly I'll probably see that place again as I love the Kingdom Hearts series so much.

TheSuperiorXemnas

May 18, 2010
Well there is no way anything can be as worse as....eh

Drakmeire said:
Swim. This. Way.
<youtube=AJuAoVao3Fs>
Ahh, seems somebody got to Atlantica before me.

Suijen

Apr 15, 2009
Dungeons in Oblivion. They're pure boredom.

The Sewers in Fallout 3 for the same reason. Plus they were hard to navigate.

That temple in Phantom Hourglass. I never finished that game.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
World 3 and 5 in Demon's Souls.
Junon, Corel and Cosmo Canyon in Final Fantasy 7.
The past in Final Fantasy 8.
That glowing forest thing in Final Fantasy 13.
The industrial area in inFamous 2.

Yuno Gasai

Queen of Yandere
Nov 6, 2010
WaywardHaymaker said:
The motherfucking Fade in Dragon Age.
This. So much this. ;~;

In more general terms.. Caves, dungeons, temples; anything which involves the possibility of me getting hideously lost.