PlanetSide 2 on PS4 Visuals Equivalent to "Ultra" Settings on PC

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Hazy992 said:
Irridium said:
Hazy992 said:
And at what resolution and framerate might that be? Because I can't really see it being 1080p/60fps.

Isn't the PC version incredibly demanding?
Last time I tried it it ran like shit on low settings on my PC which exceeded the recommended specs. To be fair this was a year or so ago, but still. Wasn't optimized too well. Here's hoping it's better on the PS4.
SOE halted content updates for PlanetSide 2 several months to optimise the game.

That finished last month with the release of the first and biggest CPU optimisation patch, and now the second memory optimisation patch is out too, the game runs like a greasy naked person slipping down an oily water slide.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Last time I tried playing that game, it ran like absolute shit at 1920x1080 on medium.
Bvenged said:
the game runs like a greasy naked person slipping down an oily water slide.
Uh...I guess that means good?

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
PS4 will do the same visuals.... except at a MASSIVELY reduced resolution (1080p at BEST, and PC will run at 2560x1600).
And what about the framerates? Top notch PC setups will crush anything the PS4 can produce on that front as well.

So this guy is extremely misleading in his talk.
It should be more along the lines of "If you turn your resolution WAY down, but the rest up, then a screenshot should look the same (since we're then talking about a single frame)!!!!".

Wow, that's just magic, boss!!!

VeneratedWulfen93

Oct 3, 2011
People are so negative about consoles here.

I am happy that I will be able to play Planetside 4 on my PS4 at a higher res than my PC. I know a lot of people who are as well. It also means that more people get to play a game, which is important.

Can't people just be happy and get on instead of slamming consoles for no decent reason?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
VeneratedWulfen93 said:
People are so negative about consoles here.

I am happy that I will be able to play Planetside 4 on my PS4 at a higher res than my PC. I know a lot of people who are as well. It also means that more people get to play a game, which is important.

Can't people just be happy and get on instead of slamming consoles for no decent reason?
No, people are very positive about consoles here. What they are negative about is taking an underpowered PC and calling it a console and then claiming it runs as good as top-end PC just because some high wig claims it does. We already saw how this ended with COD and BF, as in both games were so awfully programmed they should have flew into atmosphere from how far they had to run if they felt any shame.
If you really think that you will be able to play on PS4 with better graphics than on PC, then your PC is so outdated that your better off spending that 400 dollars on a PC that can out-power the PS4 to begin with. So what this "lot of people" show is chosing inferior machine for personal, subjective reasons.
Slamming consoles for no decent reason? the current "Consoles" probably have more reasons than any other electronic device to hate.