Plans to nuke BP oil spill gathers steam

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
deadman91 said:
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

That'd be awesome! And you yanks'd finally use your nukes instead of just letting them sit and collect cobwebs.

Who knows what other issues can be solved with nukes?
You know what occurs to me? The use of nukes here goes horribly wrong, and when America is reeling from irradiated water supplies, fallout and loss of marine life in the gulf, people will finally realize that having nukes is a stupid idea.

Despite the implied suffering in my idea, I think this might somehow turn out to be a good plan...

Also, is only me who becomes suspicious when the Russians start advising the Americans to nuke their own territory? They 'apparently' used the nukes, but it sounds a little too like them pushing the USA closer to the brink. Right now the Kremlin is probably praying the they fall for it

Shadowed Intent

Jul 5, 2009
bad rider said:
Shadowed Intent said:
The number of people who are so ignorant and brainwashed into thinking nukes are not to ever be used irritates me a great deal, did they not read the thread?! It has been done 5 times with a 80% success rate and that was in the 80s, modern nukes are more efficient and reliable, it is worth a try.
Actually considering there original purpose, despite 70 odd years of development, they are still only 100% efficient at killing people. That's a zero percent increase than what they originally were.
I meant efficient in terms of nuclear fuel spent in detonation and limitations on radiation expelled, also, no weapon is 100% efficient at killing.

havass

Dec 15, 2009
Irridium said:
Perhaps this is why you should have, oh whats the word... a contingency plan for this kind of thing!

Does no one have any foresight?
They HAD a fail-safe plan in case the oil pipe bursts..
Which failed.

[sub]Oh, the irony.[/sub]

Vorlayn

Jun 3, 2010
Hmmm, so we'll be eating glowing fish soon? Yummy! Should also be much easier to fish em up....
Creating another disaster just to solve the first one...sigh.

monalith

Nov 24, 2008
XJ-0461" post="18.199475.6532092 said:
"We've got some kind of problem in the Gulf of Mexico"

"Throw a nuke at it, that should sort things out"

Seriously, who thinks of these things?..quote]

obviously someone who has stopped more oil leakages then you.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Damn my parents for having almost all of our shares in BP. Damn Obama for standing against the dividends being paid out to the investors. Looks like I won't be seeing a university education...

veratixx

Mar 25, 2010
El Poncho said:
Here is what I think we should do, inspired by Patrick:p

God, this had me laughing for hours xD

anyhow.. nuking the thing there.. let's hope they do it in a rather fun way
(luring fishes that swallowed mininukes into the hole and let them explode from a distance, suicide dolphins etc...)

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Where's neonbob? This should make him happy, they'll probably take out a few whales along with Mississippi, Alabama and Lousiana.

Also, there's some good news and some bad news. Good news, BP found that mermaids are real.

Bad news, they're extinct.

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
Shadowed Intent said:
bad rider said:
Shadowed Intent said:
The number of people who are so ignorant and brainwashed into thinking nukes are not to ever be used irritates me a great deal, did they not read the thread?! It has been done 5 times with a 80% success rate and that was in the 80s, modern nukes are more efficient and reliable, it is worth a try.
Actually considering there original purpose, despite 70 odd years of development, they are still only 100% efficient at killing people. That's a zero percent increase than what they originally were.
I meant efficient in terms of nuclear fuel spent in detonation and limitations on radiation expelled, also, no weapon is 100% efficient at killing.
That's what those lazy scientists want you to think.

C_sector

Jan 7, 2010
Wow first that particle accelerator that makes black holes for kicks and now nuking the ocean.....Seems like the end of the world is approaching. :-P

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
IzisviAziria said:
crimson5pheonix said:
But the pressure wave is still going to kill everything in a good distance.
and so is millions of gallons of crude oil leaking out into the gulf for another 4 months.
Which is why they should just cap the damn thing! Is it going to be difficult? Yes. Can it be done? Yes.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Blowing it up would creat one problem area over 3, but still, It can't be nuclear, it needs to be just, well... "One crossed wire, one wayward pinch of potassium chlorate, one errant twitch...and kablooie!"

Adamc-mh

Jun 6, 2010
e2density said:
deadman91 said:
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

That'd be awesome! And you yanks'd finally use your nukes instead of just letting them sit and collect cobwebs.

Who knows what other issues can be solved with nukes?
*Cough* Climate Change *Cough*

LMAO

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Crypticonic said:
Wow first that particle accelerator that makes black holes for kicks and now nuking the ocean.....Seems like the end of the world is approaching. :-P
Im gonna be pissed if those 2012 fanatics are right.

[small]EDIT: This is really starting to look like me bumping my own thread when it's dying, I assure you that isn't the case.[/small]

Vuljatar

Sep 7, 2008
Ah, the Michael Bay solution. Classic.

Seriously though, why the hell haven't they deployed those oil-eating microbes yet?