Plants vs Zombies 2 Exceeds PvZ's Lifetime Downloads

Cecilo

Nov 18, 2011
Makabriel said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
This isn't really news... I mean, you could offer a free app that photoshops you into having a tiny dick and forcibly sends it to your entire contact list and it would still get a million downloads.

point being: free will always sell better than not free. Always.
If you'd have read the article it's not just the downloads, it's the amount of time being played as well. People aren't just downloading it for giggles. They are playing it.
And that is all well and good. However, how many people are PAYING for it. Downloads mean nothing for a free to play game, because just downloads make them no money.

Kahani

May 25, 2011
Laggyteabag said:
Whilst more people have downloaded Plants vs Zombies 2 when compared to the original game I bet that Popcap haven't earned as much money from it as the first game.
Indeed. There's nothing vaguely surprising or impressive about a free game seeing a lot of players. The trick is actually getting money out of them. No matter how many downloads they boast about having, I bet the first game made a ton more money.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I've sunk a few hours of time in to PvZ2. They've yet to get any money from me though.......same as with the first game. So far it seems that most of the micro-transaction games I've snagged either for tablet or phone don't force you to pay for anything. It's more of a matter of convenience. Typically, once I'm tired of the restrictions and get to the point where I'd consider paying....I just stop playing and move on to something else.