Platinum Games Wants All of Its Games on PC, But Publishers Say No

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
gmaverick019 said:
Zhukov said:
Meh. No great loss.
....don't you despise platform exclusivity? and opening it to the PC platform, they could potentially push some of their games to further limits (yes yes, ha ha, laugh at that, but it's potential if their games are selling like hotcakes compared to console sales)
Don't even give him the attention. All he wants to do is say things are shit then enjoy all the people mad that he's shitting all overd what they like.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
about time. now if the publisher woulndt be so stupid and realize that PC is indeed a big market and that people want games like these more often. i sure as hell bought it.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Xsjadoblayde said:
Zulnam said:
Had a flashback to Ubisoft's "we'll make beyond good and evil 2 if the HD version sells well" statement.
Hah. Had that thought too. Didn't help with the less-than-subtle last line of the OP. Let's also not forget that Ubi didn't stop at the HD version, they also did it with Rayman Origins and its' sequel. As great as they both were, that sort of technique for bumping sales kinda feels hard to ignore.
Square did the same thing with Dragon Quest. If the Dynasty Warriors spinoff made money, they'd localize 7&8 for 3DS. They never did, Nintendo had to do it.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Worgen said:
dragongit said:
I can understand games like Wonderful 101, being potentially a Nintendo IP, but games like Mad World, Anarchy Reigns, and especially Beyonetta 2 would sell on the PC. I heard Beyonetta 2 sold relatively poorly, only because it was exclusive to the Wii U. If they could port that to PC they could still maybe twice as many units. Just trim out the Nintendo skins and it should be good to go.

Yes I know Nintendo helped to make Beyonetta 2 a reality in the first place, but it's not going to do the company any good at this point. Since the Switch made the Wii U completely irrelevant, they won't get any additional sales off it.
Considering that Nintendo published it and Ive heard they put up most of the money for it. I kinda doubt we will see Bayonetta 2 on anything but a Nintendo system.
I'm not so sure. They don't own the franchise. They effectively just foot the bill for Bayo 2 and got an exclusive contract for the Wii U. I doubt either Nintendo or Sega expected Nintendo to release a console less than 3 years after Bayo 2's launch.

Sega can build a port themselves and release it how they please. No where has anyone shown that Nintendo has ownership of Bayonetta's IP in the contract. I'm betting Sega is hoping Bayo 1 sells about as well on PC as the recent Valkyria Chronicles port did before they foot the bill to port Bayo 2 themselves.

Seems to be more Sega holding back a Bayo 2 port than Nintendo in my opinion, but they've been recently very good about porting some of their games to the PC and other consoles. Its still up in the air, but I think Sega's outright ownership of the franchise as an IP trumps Nintendo paying to make the second game. Especially because it didn't really sell that well and didn't help Nintendo at all.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
warmachine said:
I don't get it. Bayonetta 2 is over two years old and I doubt anyone would sign a exclusivity agreement longer than that, especially with existing name recognition.
My thoughts exactly. Bayo 2 was made because Sega didn't want to fund a game when its predecessor barely sold well for a niche title. Nintendo foot the bill and due to exclusivity Bayo 2 sold half as much as Bayo 1 did. As good as Bayo 2 is, people were not going to buy the Wii U for 1 niche title.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
This is next on my list one I finished up Nier. More Platinum is always a good thing. Hopefully Vanquish comes next. I want to power slide and shoot things in midair slow-mo at 60fps (and higher if Platinum ever gives us unlocked framerates)

Jburton9

Aug 21, 2012
Stunning isn't it? They could make all their money back and more if they released it to PC but I guess that is why the name Nintendon't happened. They do not want any of that filthy PC gamer money, only the purified financial essences filtered through their special sponges they craft. Boing! Chaching!

Well thankfully at least Bayo 1 is on PC, time to plug in the controller and see her perform those crazy over the top moves : )