Play a 1,000-Player Bomberman Match in Your Browser

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
Play a 1,000-Player Bomberman Match in Your Browser

Don't read this if you have anything important to do today.

Back in the early days of my personal gaming odyssey, Bomberman was all kinds of awesome. So when a completely unofficial massively multiplayer version popped up on my Twitter feed, I nearly fell out of my chair. Bombermine pits you against hundreds of other online players in a what appears to be an endless Bomberman-esque level, complete with all manner of destructible materials, powerups, and, of course, bombs.

The game plays exactly like a traditional Bomberman title but taken to a massive scale. There are a handful of servers currently up and the game runs entirely on your web browser using HTML 5. There are even leaderboards and in-game chat. Each server is built to handle as many as 1,000 players.

Powerups range from speed boosts to weapon enhancements and character skins. You can focus on finding goodies or simply spawn in and attempt to bomb every other player you see. In my own play session, the game played extremely smooth, with nary a sign of lag or hiccups. If you have some time to kill, it's quite an addictive experience.

Source: TNW [http://bombermine.com/]

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
What's the level called? Bagdad?
*drum rimshot*

OT: Yeah, Bomberman 2 is easly one of my top 5 SNES games. So many fond memories of that game...

Definitely going to check this out.

Madmanonfire

Jul 24, 2009
Everyone should check this out. It's bloody good fun.
So much for having an afternoon.

Also, this game is just a beta and it already plays rather solid. Can't wait to see the full release.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Why does things like this exist?! Why couldn't you have lied and said it was running in flash rather than html5? In that case I would have been likely to ignore it. My life outside a browser window is over.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
The wrong bomb...in the right spot...can make all the difference...in the world. Mr. Bomberman....

I can't play Bomberman anymore though, not after I had an actual panic attack from it.

MPerce

May 29, 2011
Yep. There goes my day.

I had stuff to do. Important stuff. But nothing takes priority over the BOMBS!!!!