Play Diablo III On Your iPad

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
So you're telling me that instead of sitting at my desk and using my awesome PC with it's 24" screen I can sit 10 feet away in another room and play D3 on a small shitty screen with a slightly impaired control system?

Riiiight.

I'll just forget I read any of this.

Zerbye

Aug 1, 2008
Li Mu said:
So you're telling me that instead of sitting at my desk and using my awesome PC with it's 24" screen I can sit 10 feet away in another room and play D3 on a small shitty screen with a slightly impaired control system?

Riiiight.

I'll just forget I read any of this.
Theoretically, there is no distance limit...just as long as you have fast internet access it would work. That means you could give it a go from a Starbucks 5 miles away, at an airport with decent wifi, or even 37,000 feet in the air. We're not talking walkie-talkies here.

reachforthesky

Jun 13, 2010
Stupid article is pretty stupid.

a) This will work on any device that can run Splashtop, including ipods, iphones, any android device and any PC as well.

b) It's been said before that this will work with any game, or any program for that matter. Why focus on Diablo? Was Splashtop not worth running a whole article for?

c) The article makes it seem like this is local wireless only, when really anywhere you can get a good connection would work as long as your PC at home is on.

Dr Pussymagnet said:
If its anything like the last time used this app for anything more intensive than Internet browsing, then I can't wait to play Diablo 3 at ten frames a second.
also this.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
sounds like OnLive doesn't it.

But Diablo already has terrible input lag...living on the east coast i havent seen ping lower than 230, i cant imagine what the input lag would be like adding another connection on top of that D:

oh wells nice to have options any who.

praus

Jun 21, 2010
Waaghpowa said:
Does anyone else find it annoying when someone says "iPad" to refer to "tablets"? Splash top is available and highly functional on android devices too you know.
Not really, this is pretty standard practice, at least in the US culture. Look at Band-Aid or iPod. It's also rightly deserved in this case. Apple's iPad has put this product category on the map and continues (and probably will for the foreseeable future continue) to dominate it. Jut as bandages existed before the Band-Aid, so tablets existed before the iPad but no one gave a crap before that.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Except the game relies heavily on right-clicking and the 1-4 keys.
Really doesn't sound very comfortable, no matter where you're playing from.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
praus said:
Waaghpowa said:
Does anyone else find it annoying when someone says "iPad" to refer to "tablets"? Splash top is available and highly functional on android devices too you know.
Not really, this is pretty standard practice, at least in the US culture. Look at Band-Aid or iPod. It's also rightly deserved in this case. Apple's iPad has put this product category on the map and continues (and probably will for the foreseeable future continue) to dominate it. Jut as bandages existed before the Band-Aid, so tablets existed before the iPad but no one gave a crap before that.
Except everyone knows what bandages are for regardless of the Ban-aid name. When it comes to electronics, and apple, people don't know the difference. I have a problem with misinformation which gives way to ignorance. Too often will people believe that an iPad has this or that capability as if it's somehow unique when it's a common function that everything else is capable of performing.

As an above poster stated, the article is kinda dumb, and I agree with his points because they are part of the reason why it bothers me.

Also I have no intention to get into a fanboy flame war over this. One such well known Apple fan boy on this site already tried. My problem is with misinformation, not with Apple, so let's not get into it.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Definitely awesome, but I can imagine that someone's going to accidentally break their screen from all of that intense tapping.

Alandoril

Jul 19, 2010
To be honest, D3 could probably run on one anyway. In fact wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard announce it officially eventually.

Jackman

Jun 25, 2012
Okay, if I follow this correctly, (I'm writing this on behalf of my grandson, who is the real Diable III player), I must load Diable III on the desktop, then load the app to stream and play the game on the iPad? Is it really that simple or are you gamer gurus making it simplistic because you understand all the intricacies of this process? Can someone please give me a simple, concise answer? We ordered this game thinking it was available for the iPad, only to be crushed when that wasn't the case. Thanks to anyone who replies.

9thRequiem

Sep 21, 2010
Jackman said:
Okay, if I follow this correctly, (I'm writing this on behalf of my grandson, who is the real Diable III player), I must load Diable III on the desktop, then load the app to stream and play the game on the iPad? Is it really that simple or are you gamer gurus making it simplistic because you understand all the intricacies of this process? Can someone please give me a simple, concise answer? We ordered this game thinking it was available for the iPad, only to be crushed when that wasn't the case. Thanks to anyone who replies.
That's exactly what you do.
The desktop does all the heavy-lifting in actually running the game; all this app does it send the video and controls to/from the iPad.