Play Diablo2 or 3 first

dragsaw

Oct 16, 2011
im just asking as the ceand i whanted to know if i shoud play 2 first (for lore and what not)

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Diablo 1 - Diablo 2 - Diablo 3, if you want lore continuity. Diablo 1 ties into Diablo 2 and Diablo 2 ties into Diablo 3 with Lord of Destruction after a brief leap in lore history.

Though you aren't really going to get too many twists and turns with the franchise lore wise if you just keep this in mind.

"Diablo will always return to fuck with your shit, and you have to return the favor."

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Lore isn't really that important to the game because they all have more-or-less the same Story so don't bother. Diablo II is an awful game that gets by on Nostalgia and being not quite as shit as the other games of its time period.

dragsaw

Oct 16, 2011
ShadowsofHope said:
"Diablo will always return to fuck with your shit, and you have to return the favor."

i feel silly, thats more or less how blizz lore works

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
ShadowsofHope said:
Diablo 1 - Diablo 2 - Diablo 3, if you want lore continuity. Diablo 1 ties into Diablo 2 and Diablo 2 ties into Diablo 3 with Lord of Destruction after a brief leap in lore history.

Though you aren't really going to get too many twists and turns with the franchise lore wise if you just keep this in mind.

LoD is after D3? Wut?

OT: Play D2 and LoD first, so you'll appreciate how much Blizzard stripped out of a great formula.

way2sl0w

Resident COD Fanboy
Jan 29, 2012
Aeshi said:
Diablo II is an awful game that gets by on Nostalgia and being not quite as shit as the other games of its time period.
Oh no you didn't!

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
dragsaw said:
ShadowsofHope said:

i feel silly, thats more or less how blizz lore works
I don't like Blizzard's story telling that much, but I could see that as well yeah no one want's to play a game during peace time. Although using the same bad guy over and over dose dose make it a little samey.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Vuliev said:
ShadowsofHope said:

LoD is after D3? Wut?

OT: Play D2 and LoD first, so you'll appreciate how much Blizzard stripped out of a great formula.
"Ties into Diablo 3 with Lord of Destruction", meaning Lord of Destruction is inbetween the two. The Mass Effect Arrival of the Diablo universe, you could say, in the loosest terms. I was right the first time, you just didn't read my sentence correctly.

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
ShadowsofHope said:
Vuliev said:
ShadowsofHope said:

LoD is after D3? Wut?

"Ties into Diablo 3 with Lord of Destruction", meaning Lord of Destruction is inbetween the two. The Mass Effect Arrival of the Diablo universe, you could say, in the loosest terms. I was right the first time, you just didn't read my sentence correctly.
Ah, gotcha--though I'd say it's that your sentence was confusing, not me reading it wrong. I'd have said "ties into D3 through LoD." :p

kingthrall

May 31, 2011
just play number 1 , its my favourite. 2 has a better feature of running but save yourself the money and just enjoy the same game with the earlier versions. By the time you finish them you D3 will be valued less than $50.