Play Magic with the LoadingReadyRun Crew

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Play Magic with the LoadingReadyRun Crew

Canadia's favorite sketch comedy group will be playing Duels of the Planeswalkers on the PlayStation Network this Thursday.

All seven members of LoadingReadyRun will be signing into PSN on Thursday as part of Wizards of the Coast's program allowing celebrities to play Duels 2012 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/8985-Duels-of-the-Planeswalkers-2012-Review] and trade Magic secrets and stories while hanging out in PlayStation Home. Head over to the Magic the Gathering area of Home this Thursday Aug. 4th between 4pm and 6pm Pacific time to talk to Graham, Paul, Kathleen and the rest of LRR. They will be accepting challenges in Duels 2012 so you can test your skills against some internet celebrities, or maybe even team up with them for an Archenemy match or 20.

"We're all super thrilled and honored that Wizards invited us to do this. We'll be hanging out and chatting with anyone that's interested," Kathleen De Vere said.

"People are always telling us they wish they could play magic with us and this is a great opportunity to do so," said Graham Stark. "We're all big fans of the game. I really like Duels because it's a lot of fun playing with a combination of new stuff and older cards I wouldn't normally see, so we're all really looking forward to playing with our fans."

"Some of us may present a bigger challenge than others. If you're a new player I don't know if I'd start with Alex," Kathleen De Vere warned.

"Be prepared to be crushed like bugs ... or at least for me to attempt to crush you like a bug. It may not work out that way," said Paul Saunders.

Again, the event takes place on Thursday, August 4th between 4:00PM and 6:00PM, Pacific Time. Follow LoadingReadyRun on Twitter (@loadingreadyrun) [http://twitter.com/loadingreadyrun] for updates, but look for the following PSN IDs when you get into the Magic section of PlayStation Home:

Graham_LRR
Paul_LRR
Kathleen_LRR
Jer_LRR
James_LRR
Matt_LRR
Alex_LRR

To some, Magic the Gathering is a kid's game. Maybe it's the card artwork or the myriad of counters, stones or dice used by players to keep track of how many 2/2 Cats are spawning each turn. But for people who embrace the turn-based game's logical gameplay with a fantasy flair - say, like me [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/8985-Duels-of-the-Planeswalkers-2012-Review] - playing Magic with friends is fabulous way to spend an evening. It's even cooler when you get to play with people you respect as artists ... and hope to whip their butt.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
That's about 2 AM where I'm at, so I'll have to pass.

Plus I can't get to PSN from my PC.

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
No steam version? All the DotP2012 stuff has been on PSN, Sony must be shelling out the big bucks.

That and the game makes magic 10x more annoying. Let's play on MTGO :D

Im Nightmare

Mar 16, 2010
I thought it was a chance to play IRL. : (
Im not a fan of Dule 2012, I'd rather play with my decks not some crappy precons on a game.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
PSN

awwwwwwwwwwwww, dammit! why no steam? Eh, my friend has a ps3, suppose I can just steal it for a day.

Still, you guys should do this on steam at some point. Would a pledge to Child's Play tempt you?

Nightfalke

Just this guy, you know?
Sep 10, 2008
Does everyone know why they are doing it on PSN?

Because LRR has three PS3s.

PixelKing

Moderately confused.
Sep 4, 2009
Got ninja'd to 3 ps3, but yeah. Its great that they are doing this, have a couple games with the fans.

Yaxley

Sep 23, 2009
I haven't actually tried online play yet, so I don't know how it works, but I will definitely be there.

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
Im Nightmare said:
I thought it was a chance to play IRL. : (
Im not a fan of Dule 2012, I'd rather play with my decks not some crappy precons on a game.
I know right? The only white deck in the game is VERY unreliable. One puresteel paladin? One sword?

Chappy

May 17, 2010
I don't suppose they will also be doing this with Live or Steam in the future or is it only going to be PSN?

sofur

Jan 10, 2011
Hah, I'll wait till PAX East. Playing IRL can be way more fun. That and I don't believe anyone (even one who has twenty-three) let me borrow a PS3 just for this.