Play StarCraft II in Style With Razer Peripherals

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Starke said:
ultimateownage said:
Starke said:
ultimateownage said:
Ah, Razer, you and your shite products which cost way too fucking much.
Well... the tarantula is quite frankly the most comfortable keyboard I've ever owned... Overpriced? Yeah, probably. But I'd hardly call it shite.
From my experience the products are barely what you can call quality products. The headset I had was uncomfortable and poorly made, it broke really easily and the microphone was so damn small it didn't even reach my cheek. The mouse was okay, but it was bulky and the laser sensor at the bottom bugged out a lot.
Their keyboards are pretty solid, though the anti-ghosting tech has a habit of bugging out occasionally. Still the Tarantula is probably the best keyboard I've owned, or at least the most comfortable. I find their mice remarkably comfortable as well, but that could be because I have large hands. As for their other peripherals? I wouldn't touch them. Their "battle light" attachment is a cheap LED light with a USB interface, and I haven't looked at their headsets. So it wouldn't surprise me if those are sub par.
I'll admit they can make good equipment, but it is usually hard to find due to the amount of expensive rubbish they shovel out.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
ultimateownage said:
Starke said:
ultimateownage said:
Starke said:
ultimateownage said:
Well... the tarantula is quite frankly the most comfortable keyboard I've ever owned... Overpriced? Yeah, probably. But I'd hardly call it shite.
From my experience the products are barely what you can call quality products. The headset I had was uncomfortable and poorly made, it broke really easily and the microphone was so damn small it didn't even reach my cheek. The mouse was okay, but it was bulky and the laser sensor at the bottom bugged out a lot.
Their keyboards are pretty solid, though the anti-ghosting tech has a habit of bugging out occasionally. Still the Tarantula is probably the best keyboard I've owned, or at least the most comfortable. I find their mice remarkably comfortable as well, but that could be because I have large hands. As for their other peripherals? I wouldn't touch them. Their "battle light" attachment is a cheap LED light with a USB interface, and I haven't looked at their headsets. So it wouldn't surprise me if those are sub par.
I'll admit they can make good equipment, but it is usually hard to find due to the amount of expensive rubbish they shovel out.
Yeah, the price and spotty quality control are definitely issues. I've stuck with Diamondbacks for mice, now that I think about it, and had pretty good luck with them, except, the mice go completely batshit if you don't install Razer's drivers along side.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
I got a Logitech G5+G15+mousepad bundle for ?40. So the APM meter is apparently worth a ?60 premium on top of that? It's this kind of idiotic pricing that the fact that it keeps getting in the news that drives away uninformed people because PC gaming is "too expensive".

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Starke said:
ultimateownage said:
Starke said:
ultimateownage said:
Starke said:
ultimateownage said:
Yeah, the price and spotty quality control are definitely issues. I've stuck with Diamondbacks for mice, now that I think about it, and had pretty good luck with them, except, the mice go completely batshit if you don't install Razer's drivers along side.
Agreed, my old mouse was weird, the laser clogged up loads but usually worked fine. But if you touched it with your finger, it would bug out for about 10 seconds. No idea why your finger, and only your finger.

The_Healer

Jun 17, 2009
ultimateownage said:
My Razer Deathadder is one of the best purchases I think I have made for a while. So STFU!

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
I'd be interested, but I already have the Razer DeathAdder mouse (best mouse I've EVER used) and a Logitech G15 keyboard (best keyboard I've ever used).

I'm quite happy where I am.

obisean

May the Force Be With Me
Feb 3, 2009
So I read it. Do they actually mention what the Actions-Per-Minute thing actually does, or is this lingo I should already know?

And that mouse looks uncomfortable to hold. Very generic looking, and reminds me of this:

Anomynous 167

May 6, 2008
I have long (about a week +) been disuaded from the StarCraft II hype. But seriously, they are marketing mice that would improve their game skills?

Actually, I take what I said back. That gaming mouse and keyboard will increase one's Actions Per Minute, and it will improve their gameplay by a huge margin.
After all. Have you ever VSed some one in an RTS game that lacks a key-board and mouse? I sware, no matter how skilled they are, they can't play with out one.