Play Station 2 recommendations

yeti585

Apr 1, 2012
The said:
All the Sly Cooper games.
If only I could find all of them somewhere, I had forgot the titles of most of them.
TehCookie said:
Oh, god that's a lot of links. I didn't think that the PS2 would invoke that many threads.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
yeti585 said:
The said:
All the Sly Cooper games.
If only I could find all of them somewhere, I had forgot the titles of most of them.
TehCookie said:
Oh, god that's a lot of links. I didn't think that the PS2 would invoke that many threads.
All The Sly games got a collection release, for the PS3.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Tanis said:
TehCookie said:
Those are just the ones with tons of good recommendations, there are a billion more that only get a few posts.

Oroboros

Feb 21, 2011
The Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance I+II games are excellent games, as is the first Champions of Norrath game. Gladius was a great turn-based rpg that never got the attention (and the sequel) it deserved. Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter was an interesting and fairly challenging rpg (even if it killed the series). Then there are the Star Wars battlefront games, which are rather enjoyable. Also keep in mind that the PS2 is backwards compatable with the PS1, so you needn't limit yourself only to the games of the PS2, as there are a lot of good PS1 games you could also pick up if you missed out on them.

aaronobst

Needs a life
Aug 20, 2010
Nobody else has brought up

Psi Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy and Shadow of Rome. Those were some of my all time favorites.

ChristopherT

Sep 9, 2010
Mobile Suit Gundam Zeonic Front - Only if you like Mechs and Rainbow Six type tactical shooters - it's very different from any other Gundam game
Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 - Fun action hack and slash rpg, cute cuddly, disney and final fantasy, great games
Persona 4 - JRPG, good story, great characters
Final Fantasy X - some questionable voice acting is raised against it, but it has good character class based mechanics, a slight pain in the ass upgrade system but can be used to customize characters to player's discretion
Final Fantasy X-2 - Heavy Note on X-2 most people hate it, but if you can forget the story, and the characters being turned into empty headed dumbasses the gameplay and mechanics are really good
Final Fantasy 12 - a slightly less standard JRPG for FF with a more real time combat feel - ofcourse only if you like JRPGs for those last ones
King of Fighters XI - only if you like Fighting Games
TimeSplitters 2 or Future Perfect - FPS with goofy characters, future perfect for a better story line, but I prefer 2's levels
Twisted Metal Black - Online or whatever the edition is called is rated T, standard edition is M - if you don't know twisted metal
Project Eden - a FPS/TPS team based game, can be played through the story with anywhere between 1 and 4 players, puzzles can be a bit of a pain, but fairly fun and I barely ever hear about it from others
Armored Core - if you like mechs only

edit : anything Ratchet and Clank also of course

Rated M
anything Resident Evil, Silent Hill 1,2,3, anything Fatal Frame - if you like Survival Horror

Faewerd

Jan 30, 2013
You should definitely try Psychonauts, it was my first ps2 game and still one of my favorite games ever

Others that i recommend

Primal
Resident Evil
Silent Hill
Obscure
The Thing
Call of Duty and Medal of Honor series
Harry potter series
Tomb Raider Legend and Anniversary
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 and American Wasteland
Sly 2 and 3 (or you better buy the sly collection for ps3)
Klonoa
Jak and Daxter series
Ratchet and Clank Series
Gregory Horror Show

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Oroboros said:
Then there are the Star Wars battlefront games, which are rather enjoyable.
I completely forgot about them, man that was a good series of games. I'll second Star Wars Battlefront 2 (I don't think 1 is particularly necessary if you have the first). There'll be no online so after the story campaign it can be pretty easy to beat the AI in skirmish, but there are some maps where one sides AI naturally loses compares to another and it can lead to fun situations where you need 70 kills without dying or losing control points etc which are possible with enough skill.

And in general with the skirmishes against the AI there was a lot of fun in working out with control points you needed to take over to turn the battle in your AI sides favour.

And any game that lets you be a Droideka is a good game. Also spaceship battles!