PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Has Sold 4 Million Copies in Three Months

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Has Sold 4 Million Copies in Three Months

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is continuing its torrid sales pace, having sold four million copies in three months.

It's been three months since PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds launched in Early Access on Steam. The battle royale-style game has kept up its sales pace since it hit the 2 million mark at the first of May. The announcement came from PlayerUnknown himself on Twitter.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/BattleRoyaleMod/status/877996976356286464]

If you need another indicator of the popularity of PUBG, it's currently the fourth most-played game on Steam, trailing only DOTA 2, CS: GO, and Payday 2.

Last week at E3, Bluehole said that it has plenty of plans for the future, including a Zombies mode, replay functionality, and more. The game is headed to Xbox One later this year with support for 4K and HDR.

[gallery=7531]

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
I really like the look of this but dont think my laptop will run it. Talking to friends who play it the optomisation is not great.

I hope it will get a good following on xbone?

Feb 7, 2016
I enjoy this game a little bit, but I can't say I understand the huge popularity it's gotten. It's just whoever gets a sniper rifle first, then when it closes in to where a sniper isn't useful, whip out a full-auto assault rifle.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
DeliveryGodNoah said:
I enjoy this game a little bit, but I can't say I understand the huge popularity it's gotten. It's just whoever gets a sniper rifle first, then when it closes in to where a sniper isn't useful, whip out a full-auto assault rifle.
I suppose if you play it with friends it gets better. I play BF4 almost exclusively with friends, and the teamwork is way more fun than the game itself. The realism of the gunplay too I would guess appeals to a lot of PC gamers.

OT: I play for the satisfaction of kills and winning, not so much surviving, so this game doesn't appeal to me. I like watching it from time to time though.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Seeing as this started out as a mod for ARMA 3 originally, good on the guy. 4 million copies in 3 months is insane. Now I hope he keeps adding to it often so it doesn't end up in Early Access hell. :p

Chaosian

Mar 26, 2011
Veldie said:
Wonder when someones going to try and buy his game and IP then ruin it.
Even better, I wonder what scumbag AAA company is going to try to completely rip off this game (first)?

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I hope this game doesn't turn into the new DayZ, where it is popular to start off with, only for development to suddenly pretty much stop.

I do appreciate their focus on improving the game's performance though, instead of focusing on adding new content. Its better to work with a solid foundation before building the skyscraper, instead of building your tower, then remembering that it is build on nothing but soggy cardboard.