Playing Kinect Games Early Breaks Xbox Live

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Uber Waddles said:
Well, Id assume that you DO need an update to use Kinect.

But arent the new Xboxs Kinect Ready? Is this an issue with them, or not?

I dunno if MS did this on purpose, but its bloody brilliant either way. A defiant SCREW YOU to the people who got one early.
It sounds more like a verification code type deal. If you are on too early it realizes that and shuts you out.

Hatchet90

Nov 15, 2009
Broken Orange said:
SomethingAmazing said:
You guys are making a bigger deal of Kinect than it actually is.

Barely anyone is going to buy this piece of crap. Anyone who was remotely interested in motion controls already bought a Wii and hated it.

Kinect will undoubtedly fail.
Just like the Wii did? The Kinect's audience isn't us, people who post on gaming forums. No, they are after your mom and little sister, The non-hardcore gamer. Just because you don't want it, doesn't mean that there aren't people out there who do. ]

OT:I don't think I can wait one week to pet a wild tiger! The risk of death at every pet of the man-eater.
Can't stop.... looking at your avatar.

Broken Orange

God Among Men
Apr 14, 2009
Hatchet90 said:
Broken Orange said:
SomethingAmazing said:

Barely anyone is going to buy this piece of crap. Anyone who was remotely interested in motion controls already bought a Wii and hated it.

Just like the Wii did? The Kinect's audience isn't us, people who post on gaming forums. No, they are after your mom and little sister, The non-hardcore gamer. Just because you don't want it, doesn't mean that there aren't people out there who do. ]

OT:I don't think I can wait one week to pet a wild tiger! The risk of death at every pet of the man-eater.
Can't stop.... looking at your avatar.
Congratulations, you are only the 3rd person today to be comment on my avatar. I don't blame you, it is quite soul destroying.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
SomethingAmazing said:

Someone hasn't been paying attention to Kinect news. HINT: It's you. Stores are already turning away pre-orders because they don't have enough stock to support more.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
I don't think anyone actually wants Kinectimals... it's just so... scary...<.<

OT: It's not like I have an Xbox live account to be locked out of...<.<

goldenheart323

Oct 9, 2009
Imagine that. Yet another case of the company trying to stop pirates & cheaters but ending up screwing legit customers.

I wonder how long until we get a news story of a little girl sneaking into the tiger cage at the zoo because she wanted to pet a real tiger just like she pets one in her video game at home.

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
Fronzel said:
darthzew said:
I wank Kinectimals so bad!
I don't think I want to hear about this.
Holy crap, I had to read my post again like nine times to figure out why you quoted me. Needless to say, I fixed it. That's embarrassing as hell.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
MikhailGH said:
Pretty much my thoughts, couldn't help but feel I'd get a probation or something though, so I'll just post it in a much more wordy manner... That is to say by quoting and agreeing with you.

=]

Alakaizer

Aug 1, 2008
This warms my heart in a way I haven't felt since I first heard back in July '07 that one in three 360s suffered RRoD. Ahh, pleasant.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
SomethingAmazing said:

Try to be more open minded about the Kinect. It is a good piece of hardware and is a step in the right direction for future hardware unlike the Move. ( Which is still a good piece of kit but is based on old tech )

It is closed minded people like you that are spoiling the kinect for others....your Closed Mindedness itself makes YOU "fail".

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Digikid said:
SomethingAmazing said:

Try to be more open minded about the Kinect. It is a good piece of hardware and is a step in the right direction for future hardware unlike the Move. ( Which is still a good piece of kit but is based on old tech )

It is closed minded people like you that are spoiling the kinect for others....your Closed Mindedness itself makes YOU "fail".
The Kinect's launch line-up would like to have a word. Wii clones and ripoffs, the lot of them. Except for Kinectimals, which is a Nintendogs ripoff.