PlayStation 4 Game Sharing: This Is How It's Done

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
Well sony

AyaReiko said:
This was a brutal demolition of XBoned. Can't wait for JS's, AJ's, and TB's takes on it.
I know who you are referring to when you say AJ(angry joe) and TB(totalbiscuit) but who is JS?

Yagami_Kira

May 18, 2012
Reincarnatedwolfgod said:
Well sony

AyaReiko said:
This was a brutal demolition of XBoned. Can't wait for JS's, AJ's, and TB's takes on it.
I know who you are referring to when you say AJ(angry joe) and TB(totalbiscuit) but who is JS?
Jim Sterling.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
Yagami_Kira said:
Reincarnatedwolfgod said:
Well sony

AyaReiko said:
Jim Sterling.
that makes sense. I never seen him called JS before so that kinda confused me.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
AyaReiko said:

I know TB and AJ but JS?

Also

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Edit:Never mind I read two posts down this time LOL

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
Ho-ho, this is awesome. I mean, I was concerned that Microsoft's shenanigans might go unheeded by the masses, but with a few tweaks, this could be an under-30-second zinger that can spread the message far and wide.

Sony really seems to have their PR down, huh?

StraightToHeck

Booby booby bum bum.
Oct 13, 2010
Andy Shandy said:
This was just the icing on top of a delicious cake, in all honesty. That conference was a thing of beauty towards the end.
agreed, also your avatar is amazing

Mar 26, 2008
That's how it's done. They didn't have to be a dick about it or be malicious, just a simple, cheeky 30 second ad. Sony have been all class of late. Did the PS3 marketing department get fired or something?

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
Programmed_For_Damage said:
That's how it's done. They didn't have to be a dick about it or be malicious, just a simple, cheeky 30 second ad. Sony have been all class of late. Did the PS3 marketing department get fired or something?
Funny thing, Last generation Sony got a HUGE head from the success of the Ps2 hence all the draconian Ps3 crap they tried. It backfired majorly and they took quite a hit and learned.

This generation it was Microsoft who did really well and got a HUGE head from the success and like Sony with the Ps3, is trying some draconian crap that will backfire.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
aba1 said:
Well the announced you need playstation plus to play online now but outside that ya I agree.
Aw man, that fucking sucks. Not that I'm an avid online gamer, but that's my problem - There might only be a few games that I want to play online - think a Dark Souls or Journey - but that isn't worth paying a monthly fee of like 60 bucks or whatever.

This is a pickle.

King of Wei

Jan 13, 2011
Ah, that video made my day! If I do end up getting a console, this pretty much sealed it for the PS4.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
aba1 said:
NightHawk21 said:
aba1 said:
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
aba1 said:
frizzlebyte said:
This is awesome. I didn't get a chance to see the Press Conference live, but now I'm so looking forward to the replay.

If Sony doesn't do any sneaky shenanigans while everyone's guard is down, I'd say the future looks bright for the PS4.
Well the announced you need playstation plus to play online now but outside that ya I agree.
Not required, and $10 less a month than Microsoft's.
yup its cheaper but it was revealed to be needed for online multiplayer sadly.
You got a sauce to back that up? I didn't hear anything about that.

NVM its legit:
http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/10/...utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget
http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/10/...utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/ps-plus-required-to-play-ps4-games-online-6409709/

Shame I thought he was referring to something else during the conference.
Ya can't blame ya for missing that they really slid it in under the radar I was even left going "wait a sec does this mean?" asking others if it was just me who caught it.
Well then, here's the next logical question:

What else, if anything, is included with PS+? Because, if memory serves me correctly, there's a butt load of free downloadable games on the PS3 if you have that. Mostly retro and classic games, but there's nothing to complain with free in those regards. Also, you do get discounts on some games from time to time, depending on what's for sale.

So, if they continue that trend from the PS3 to the PS4, I'd say Sony has one-upped Microsoft in almost every way imaginable.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
well now sony is just beating it down. this is quitea ncie way to shove it to mcirosoft. im glad a company liek SONY still havent lost their senses to such little things.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
How things have been going since Sony's event started.
This is why I love you Sony, don't ever change.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
Good lord, what did they do? Model their press conference to be some crazy Bizarro version of Microsoft's? 'cause that's totally awesome.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
Casual Shinji said:
aba1 said:
Aw man, that fucking sucks. Not that I'm an avid online gamer, but that's my problem - There might only be a few games that I want to play online - think a Dark Souls or Journey - but that isn't worth paying a monthly fee of like 60 bucks or whatever.

This is a pickle.
I think PSN is at $50 for a year, 4ish a month (unless they choose to change it). Our you could shell out $18 for 3 months iirc.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Heh. It seems that Sony just love to rub salt in Microsoft's festering, repugnant, GAPING wound. Good for them. I'm fully behind it.

Gray Firion

Mar 5, 2012
Man, no joke. I saw the duration the video had, I knew it would be something like this. But the cheesiness was so disarming I still laughed my ass off at the burn! ^^

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Drasvin said:
While Jim might be having fun tearing into Microsoft right now, I would love to hear what he thinks about the PS4.
If you follow him on twitter you will. He thinks that Sony won E3 this year.

OT: Hehehe. Had me laughing my arse off did this one. Reminds me off the days of early 90's marketing!

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
If Sony fuck up this generation at least they will have a career in sketch comedy. I can imagine Camp Microsoft currently has a very long line outside the laundry tent because of all the crapped pants that need washing.