PlayStation Now is Coming to PC

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Metalrocks said:
ok, now this all sounds nice since i have always wanted to play journey and the last of us and even the uncharted series, but im really lost here.

Metalrocks said:
does it mean i can buy ps4 games (disc version) and install them?
No, Playstation Now is a streaming rental service for PS3 games, same as Netflix is for movies.
You will be able to get access to the bulk of their games through a subscription, but you can also rent games a la cart, only paying for the one game you actually want to play.
Although the subscription service offers a large amount of games, not all games are included in the subscription model and there are games that can only be played by renting them separately.

Uncharted 1, 2, 3, Journey and The Last of Us are all included in the subscription package.

Metalrocks said:
can i play them with M&K?
This is up for speculation, they might support K&M input, but there is a fair chance that they'll only allow controllers, mostly because Playstation Now also has Online Play with PS3 and other Playstation Now players.
But then again, this is a Windows release that we are talking about, so stuff could possible be spoofed to circumvent this.

Metalrocks said:
when will it be available for australia?
Couldn't find anything on this, only that it isn't available in Australia. I hear you guys have shoddy internet infrastructure down there?

Metalrocks said:
does it mean i have to pay subscriptions?
Depends on what you prefer to pay for, subscription or games separately.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
At first I was excited, then I googled what Playstation Now actually is....

I think I'll pass seeing as I only really want to play Journey, and I don't want to spend 20 dollars to play that for a month.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
RedDeadFred said:
At first I was excited, then I googled what Playstation Now actually is....

I think I'll pass seeing as I only really want to play Journey, and I don't want to spend 20 dollars to play that for a month.
Everyone gets a 7 day free trial, that's plenty of time to play Journey.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Streaming my PS4 to my PC when someone is using the TV is bad enough, and that's on the same network (yes both are wired in to the router) that playing action based games is a no no. Not to mention the fact it plays at a sub par resolution to boot, that would be fine if the game didn't lag so much. So doing that, but across the net, nah. Will give it a miss.

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
Input lag?

Anything involving input lag that isn't part of a trolly Mario Party minigame is bad.

Wireless mice are for hosers.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Saelune said:
...What?

No...no...cynicism, save me...

Is this something...really good and awesome?...
No, its not. Youll get to play old games with horrible input lag and poor performance while paying exorbant subscription prices with no ability to buy the games. Its even worse since PS exclusives are the only ones worth playing to begin with.

Paying more for inferior product? no thanks.

MatthewTheDark said:
So, I looked at PS Now's library of games and while it seems to be quite filled with recognizable games, I'm curious as to why they put stuff like Wheel of Fortune on there, but not Okami HD.
Probably licensing. Okami is Capcoms game. see if there are other capcoms games in there. i think capcom may just have said no to streaming for thier games.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
thanks for the answers guys. i really thought i can download the entire game and play like this. but looks like thats not the case. must have misunderstood that.

MatthewTheDark

The Meme Machine
Jun 13, 2014
Strazdas said:
Probably licensing. Okami is Capcoms game. see if there are other capcoms games in there. i think capcom may just have said no to streaming for thier games.
They have Megaman 9 and 10, Asura's Wrath, Dark Void, DMCHD and 4, the Lost Planet series, a lot of Resident Evil, and a lot of Street Fighter, among other things. I don't think its a licensing thing.