Playstation Partners with Discord

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

So after rumors that Microsoft was going to buyout discord, Sony swoops in and takes it away.

They've announced a partnership with discord which will supposedly add discord to Playstation systems allowing players to utilize discord features while playing on console without the need for a phone or PC as an extra team speak device.

Cool beans.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Likelihood of this getting back ported to the 110+ million PS4 devices? Near 0%.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
This deal had to have been in the works in the midst of turning down Microsoft. Will be interesting to see what they can do with it.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Neat.

It makes sense to standardise the software we use for this kind of thing, instead of each platform having their proprietary systems which are incompatible with each other.

Obviously this is surprising, because of the rumours of (another) Microsoft buyout, but I do wonder if this is an "exclusive" deal, or if Discord are still open to partner with Microsoft.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Oh wow this is godsent, I already have discord on the side as I play anything multiplayer so having integrated functionality would save a lot of hassle.