Playstation showcase 5/24/23

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I hear they may be doing stuff regarding Playstation VR2. I hear it is really good but under supported. A couple of good games, the rest more like tech demos. Could be on my radar.

Is it possible they'll talk about a PS5 mid gen release like the PS4 Pro? I've not bought a gen 9 console but that would make me take notice.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I hear they may be doing stuff regarding Playstation VR2. I hear it is really good but under supported. A couple of good games, the rest more like tech demos. Could be on my radar.
I think that applies to VR in general.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Well, they still do own silent hill and MGS. But yes, they can so suck a dick
I wouldn't hype myself on that. I know Konami had that little showing a while back with all things SH, but I don't trust any of it. The SH2 Remake is being done by a controversial studio, who has know business working on horror game about abuse, because they fucked up hard with The Medium.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I think that applies to VR in general.
Most PC related VR games may be glorified demos but their libraries are so gigantic at this point, you can find a good dozen games that are terrific. My 2 favorites are both co-op zombie shooters by the same company: Arizona Sunshine and After the Fall, both which I play with my nephew over Internet: me at my house, him at his house a few towns over. And this on my Occulus 2 that cost $300, no PC required. It is some of the weakest VR in terms of visuals but great games are still great.

PSVR2 is $550. And you need the console. To date I think it has 2 games (A Gran Turismo and a Resident Evil game). They need more that to make it something more, though I hear it is up to 600,000 units sold already.

The Horizon Zero Dawn looks like a tech demo but boasts some of the best quality graphics in the industry. I love me some great graphics.

This show sounds like the opportunity they need to get people excited about new games.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
FFT remake, or at least remaster has been heavily speculated for awhile. I'd rather just a remaster/PC port, Square didn't even know what to do with the tactics brand back then and made the pretty underwhelming advance entry (a game where the ending see you genocide an entire world and its treated as a good thing because now the main character formerly crippled friend can be crippled again) and doubled down with advance 2.

GoT 2 seems a bit early.

I'll also throw one guess toward some new IP

Reactions: Dalisclock

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Most PC related VR games may be glorified demos but their libraries are so gigantic at this point, you can find a good dozen games that are terrific. My 2 favorites are both co-op zombie shooters by the same company: Arizona Sunshine and After the Fall, both which I play with my nephew over Internet: me at my house, him at his house a few towns over. And this on my Occulus 2 that cost $300, no PC required. It is some of the weakest VR in terms of visuals but great games are still great.

PSVR2 is $550. And you need the console. To date I think it has 2 games (A Gran Turismo and a Resident Evil game). They need more that to make it something more, though I hear it is up to 600,000 units sold already.

The Horizon Zero Dawn looks like a tech demo but boasts some of the best quality graphics in the industry. I love me some great graphics.

This show sounds like the opportunity they need to get people excited about new games.
I wouldn't invest MORE than the price of the console to play VR unless there were more killer games for it. I'd be interested in playing GT7 on VR but not enough to buy the VR just for that.

Reactions: gorfias

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
And the first game that we're starting with is Fairgames? I can already smell live-service bullshit

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Helldivers 2 look okay. We've seen tons of co-op vs horde types of games before, so gameplay doesn't look too impressive. The Alien monster designs look cool, though!

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Neva looks great. Definitely on my look-out list

Cat Quest seems to have a unique art style