PlayStation Vita Already Getting New Features

Entropywarrior

Aug 9, 2011
gigastar said:
The only thing i need for the Vita is a Monster Hunter release. Then they can remove all functions to it except for it being a handheld, portable game console for all i care.
Agreed, monster hunter and its a day one buy for me.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Dont they already know that whoever has a Vita already has a cellphone that can do all of this shit? Why dont they just focus on games, man?

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
Mike Kayatta said:
This will grant Mac users the ability to transfer data between their console and home computer, a function previously restricted to PCs.
They're both the same thing damnit. I know what is trying to be said, but both are Personal Computers.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Korten12 said:
Irridium said:
So... how long do you think it'll take before Sony removes the OSX option?
Why would they, in fact that would make literally no sense. They alreayd had it on the PSP for PC. So them removing it would make zero sense. It's not like Linux where your putting a whole other OS on it.
But still no support for actual Linux operation systems. All I have at the moment are systems running Ubuntu 11.04 and 11.10. I can't transfer jack to or from the Vita because Sony still doesn't understand the concept of using a shitty content manager as DRM for your system is an option that will piss people off. :L

No one mentioned putting a whole new OS on the Vita. :/

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
No, not really. I imagine the map is only good for the people who bought the 300$ model? Ugh, this thing is just way to pricey for me to care. Especially since a good memory card is way to overpriced.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Kwil said:
How do you just add GPS through a firmware update? I thought that required specialized hardware?
It probably had hardware that had the capability to do what GPS did, but just needed the firmware to run it.

Or they had planned to add GPS, but decided to release the device before finishing it with the simple firmware it needed becoming a download later on.

Charmi the ninja

May 28, 2011
I knew that these updates would have to come before the western release. Makes me want it as much as I wanted it before ? I want it NOW!
2 more weeks. Such a long wait.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
So I get a device with almost no battery capacity that got GPS? Well if I am going somewhere that close I probably wont need a GPS and if I am going far then I will need more than one Vita.