Please Help me build a new Gaming PC

CezarIgnat

Jul 5, 2009
Good day to you escapists! I'm afraid I require the assistance of those of you who are more experienced than I am in the field of computers. I want to build myself a new PC to use for editing photographs and for gaming. I have some ideas in mind and I was hoping you could help me pick the best one, or maybe find a better solution. The biggest problem is the budget as I am afraid not to spend a lot of money and make a big mistake (like I did when I bought a very expensive nVidia 9800GT when the nVidia 8800GT would have been just as good and a lot cheaper). Unfortunately I live in Romania so it would be difficult to have an accurate price on the items I wish to buy. Nevertheless, my budget is around 610 euros at the moment.

These are the ideas I had in mind:

Processor: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz Eight Core or Intel Core i5 3470 3.20GHz Quad Core (more expensive)?
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD7850 Dual-X 2GB DDR5 256-bit or the 1Gb version?
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333MHz CL9
HDD: Western Digital 1TB SATA-III 7200 rpm 64MB Caviar Blue

For the motherboard, power supply and case, I have very little options at the stores here in my country, so I will leave these out. But I would like to ask if a 500W power supply would be enough.

Thank you in advance for the help, I hope I am not asking too much!

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
If you're primary interest is gaming then get the Intel CPU. As for the graphics card the 2GB model is the best option. 16GB of RAM is not needed just go with 8GB and save yourself some money. Finally yes a 500w PSU will be plenty.

CezarIgnat

Jul 5, 2009
ShinyCharizard said:
If you're primary interest is gaming then get the Intel CPU. As for the graphics card the 2GB model is the best option. 16GB of RAM is not needed just go with 8GB and save yourself some money. Finally yes a 500w PSU will be plenty.
Thanks for the help! :)

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
CezarIgnat said:
ShinyCharizard said:
Thanks for the help! :)
You're welcome. If you need any more advice just send me a PM.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
CezarIgnat said:
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333MHz CL9

For the motherboard, power supply and case, I have very little options at the stores here in my country, so I will leave these out. But I would like to ask if a 500W power supply would be enough.

Thank you in advance for the help, I hope I am not asking too much!
You can get away with half as much RAM as that, for the PSU, I'd go for at least 650W with a gold-rated PSU.