Please Help me with Differentiating.

LilGherkin

Aug 15, 2008
Recently (about 20 minutes ago)I ventured into my brother's room trying to find an old book I left in the desk he got when he commandeered my room when he moved back in. While searching for it I found a gun. I'm not sure if it's fake or real, and I don't really want to confront him about with fear of death if it is real. I took two pictures of it and wondered if any person could tell me if it's fake to put my thoughts at ease, or if it's real to scare me. It has the no sale to minors on one side of it so I don't know if that helps. I don't know how to check the ammo cartridge which would probably help if I knew how to. But anyways here are the pictures.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Damn-it, I thought this was going to be a thread about calculus. I guess I'll just leave then...

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
How heavy is it? That's probably a good indicator, if you can heft it easily between two fingers then it's probably plastic, if it's got some weight to it it's probably metal.

Oisnafas

Jan 5, 2009
It has almost a plastic look to it, however, I cant completely read what is written on the side. Perhaps you can tell us what it says?

Bofus Teefus

Jan 29, 2009
Does it have a magazine? With bullets? If so, probably real.

Who is He, anyway? Brother? Son? Husband? Neighbor? Is it someone who should (or can, legally) have a gun?

LilGherkin

Aug 15, 2008
Bofus Teefus said:

Who is He, anyway? Brother? Son? Husband? Neighbor? Is it someone who should (or can, legally) have a gun?
Brother, and he's old enough to own one.

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
I'll hazard a guess that a real gun would not need a 'No sale to minors' on its side. But it's just a guess. I know very little of guns. This looks like plastic though.

G. Alarimm

May 2, 2009
If he's legally old enough to own it, I don't see why he'd kill you for finding it, or do anything to you for that matter.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Lukeje said:
Damn-it, I thought this was going to be a thread about calculus. I guess I'll just leave then...
Yeah me to. Here:

dy/dx= pistol x 6c[sup]2[/sup]

Go!

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Sorry, whose is it? You don't actually say in your post. You just say "he and "him".

Also it looks fake, but that lever in line with the trigger, but behind it (2nd pic) looks like the switch to release the ammunition clip so if it has bullets inside it's real.

[http://img36.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20667341.jpg]

Without pointing the barrel at anyone/thing or touching the trigger, try pressing it down I think that releases the clip.

Jerious1154

Aug 18, 2008
See if you can find some sort of brand name anywhere on it. If you find one, google it and see what sort of company it is.

hailmagus

Jan 17, 2008
I had a friend when I was fourteen who had a beebee gun that looked exactly like that. I wouldn't worry too much. And If it is real... it wouldn't hurt to give the guy a piece of candy every now and then, would it? You get what I'm saying, buddy?

jasoncyrus

Sep 11, 2008
It's fake, A) thats not the proper engraving for a desert eagle and B) real guns generally dont have "industries" stamped on them. I assume its a company name and most guns dont have a company name on them.

EDIT: nvm was proved mistaken while i was writing my post>.>

throwitinthetrash

Apr 15, 2009
Uh, I google'd the type it reads on the side.
This (supposedly, host site was an online gun store (yes, that sounds retarded)) is real.

This is not

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
Smell it...if it smells of oil its real.
Just something about the parts they don't look like they move. If the trigger is obvious welded plastic...its fake. And tell the man you found a gun and he needs to lock that thing up or something

CosmicGrenade

Feb 11, 2008
LilGherkin said:
Bofus Teefus said:

Brother, and he's old enough to own one.
well me thinks it's an airsoft gun from the way there is nowhere to eject the empty shell

ARM02

Mar 3, 2009
The top part with the diagonal lines is the slide.

Try gripping the handle with your finger outside the trigger guard and pulling the slide back.

If it will move back, see how far back it will go and if a hole into the barrel opens up, if it does, it's probably real.

Do not point the barrel at anything, and especially do not look down it.