Please Help Me With My Project (Middle School/High school/College)

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
Hello Escapists. Good day to you all.

I was wondering if you can help me with a school project I'm doing. I have a Data Management project, and my topic is "Time spent online for entertainment VS Grade Average". All data and responses are of course, kept anonymous.

So basically, what I need from you wonderful people is if you can kindly think about how much time you spend online daily for entertainment, NOT WORK, entertainment, and tell me your grade average in school. I would do a poll,but there would be too many options in the poll, so just leave your amount of hours and grade average.

All your responses will be very greatly appreciated. The more respones of course, the better. Thank you very very much in advance!

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
I would help but I do a lot of web development and design work so my line isn't so clear cut like most peoples.

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
aba1 said:
I would help but I do a lot of web development and design work so my line isn't so clear cut like most peoples.
I'm only asking how much time you spend online for ENTERTAINMENT. Edited the post to make it a bit clearer :)

janjotat

Jan 22, 2012
I am generally doing stuff on the internet from 5-when I go to sleep. Minus eating and doing homework so lets call it 4-5 hours. I generally receive B's in my honors courses.

seventy two

Mar 7, 2011
Around 6 hours or so spent online. HS GPA is 3.68 over 4 years(4.0 scale, un-weighted, slightly worse than an A- average)Classes included a range of AP Honors and normal classes.

capper42

Nov 20, 2009
I'm online for entertainment the majority of the day usually, unless I have a lot of uni work to do or am on campus for ages. Probably about 10-11 hours usually.

I don't have a GPA, because I'm not American. I got alright grades though, slightly above average, a few As, mostly Bs.

Glaciatedhands

Dec 6, 2012
I'm on my computer almost my entire free time (which can be upto 13 hours) and my grade was a B-C average. I know that If I studied instead I'd get an A I can't seem to click into studying

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
I spend about 5 hours a day on the internet for entertainment I would guess.
As for grades:
I finished a straight A student.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
unstabLized said:
Considering right now my job has to do with being online (and I may also drift from my work to use the internet for entertainment purposes.) I can't really give you a clear cut answer, it could be zero, it could be 8 hours a day. It depends on how much slaking off I do at work.

When I was in collage though, I spent about 4 hours a night online from 9:00 PM to 1:00 AM, that will help more. I had a 3.7-3.9 GPA (So mostly A's and maybe one B for classes I really didn't care about.) I graduated with honors.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
I used to spend at least 4/5 hours on a week day and a good 12 hours during the weekends playing games. And I came out with 2 A's, 3 B's, 2 C's, 2 D's and an E.

Then when I went to College I started a course linked directly with computers so it's hard to tell ('bout the same I think got a D*D* which was the highest mark possible). Now I'm studying Computer Science at University and averaging about a 2:1.

Ziame

Mar 29, 2011
about 8 hours a day? 8sleep/8school/8games.

average 5.0 now, uni, that's like all A-s, perfect score.

generals3

Mar 25, 2009
unstabLized said:
Hello Escapists. Good day to you all.

I was wondering if you can help me with a school project I'm doing. I have a Data Management project, and my topic is "Time spent online for entertainment VS Grade Average". All data and responses are of course, kept anonymous.

So basically, what I need from you wonderful people is if you can kindly think about how much time you spend online daily for entertainment, NOT WORK, entertainment, and tell me your grade average in school. I would do a poll,but there would be too many options in the poll, so just leave your amount of hours and grade average.

All your responses will be very greatly appreciated. The more respones of course, the better. Thank you very very much in advance!
I'm sorry but this won't work well. People here come from different countries and different countries have different education systems.

For instance in Belgium getting A's (even B's) at university is something extra-ordinary (with the odd exceptions of BS-courses). We have had courses where the average grade was "F".

So unless you classify your data by country (or even university) your data is going to be horribly misrepresenting facts.

Robby Foxfur

Sep 1, 2009
I spend and at least 5 to 7 hours online if not more

HS GPA: 3.482 (as of graduation)
College GPA 3.43 Cum Laude (As of graduation)

These times are consistent through out most of my schooling and life, and everyone tells me to get off the computer lol I made a life out of them.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
I dunno... if I'm not at uni, college or just having a generally busy day, I'll average about 3 hours of internet browsing for leisure.

Online gaming would make up about 2 hours a day on average whether I'm busy or not (I don't have a particularly overwhelmed work-based week any more), and days where I'm busy could see me online browsing for only 2 hours tops at night.

I use the internet to watch TV too, even though my connection's pretty poor and if anyone else in my household is on the internet, I get buffered pixelated crap on the screen.

Orks da best

Oct 12, 2011
I'am homeschool so I spend about 3-4 hours per day, and get A's and a b every now and then, after that, outside of family stuff and my hobbies such as warhammer and Mtg, I spend the rest of my day eating, sleeping, and playing on the pc or console (360 if anyone asks.)

Mr F.

Jul 11, 2012
Uh, Around 4 hours. Possibly more.

And... My grade average? Hard to calculate really cause I took a more interesting route in life and since I got to Uni I have not had anything handed back yet.

So, going from my Higher Education Qualification... A+ student (Strait distinctions until I got the grades I needed to get into this Uni. Once I got the grades I stopped working.)

Living Contradiction

Clearly obfusticated
Nov 8, 2009
Heh. I only just recently returned to school so I'll toss my hat in the ring.

Average time spent online daily: Roughly six hours, since I range from four to nine depending on whether I'm chatting with my girlfriend.

Current grades: Three As, an A+, and two B+s. Total academic score so far: 3.85/4.00

Mind you, you should take into account that I was in first semester and caseloads/work is always lighter to avoid scaring too many students away.

That being said, to the halls of academia! Awayyyyyyy!

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
5-7 hours for days during the week, usually 9 hours on the weekends.

I've been holding a steady A to A- for all of my school career.

And I'm currently in highschool, if that helps with the chart or whatever.

Kaytastrophe

Jun 7, 2010
I spent about 5-6 hours a day online while in my master's program. Completed the program with a B+/A- average. Same scenario during undergraduate...maybe a little bit higher.