Please Stop Making Me Hate The Simpsons

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
on the subject of loving futurama..
i was mad at the parent company of comedy central (viacom) but i have decided to forgive them becuse they are bringing back futurama XD

the main problum with Simpsons is its so old it now has amassed the kind of fans that will cling to it no matter how horrible it is because it was once great and its familiar sadly it will probably be near impossible to take down now.
for now let's just ignore it like that weird uncle at the family reunion ...

on a side note has simpsons really become less lude or have we just become more tolerant?

standokan

May 28, 2009
I actually have a simpsons poster of season 7 or 9 nine on my room, its like a where's waldo with the simpsons.

SadisticPretzel

Nov 29, 2010
I will never forgive Faux for cancelling Firefly. It's almost less forgivable than the way they're ruining the country.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
I had half an hour to kill and decided to watch the Christmas episode of the Simpsons, I thought it might even have a worthwhile song or two. I actually laughed out loud when Katy Perry showed up, it's a shame the series lost moments like this so long ago. The rest of the episode was mediocre, which is still good by their recent standards.

olicon

May 8, 2008
Hmm..I think I'm the only one in the world who still likes The Simpsons..
and absolutely hated every single moment of Arrested Development. That show should never have made it past the pilot episode to begin with.

Frankly, The Simpsons are definitely on the decline. But I'd rather watch anything over the American "let's try to be as annoying as possible" humor.

Blackbird71

May 22, 2009
Firefly of course was the greatest tradgedy in the history of cancelled television, and for that, Fox must burn.

As for the live-action Tick, meh, it was pretty terrible honestly, a good idea poorly executed. Now, if we were talking about the animated series, there was a show with some traction and a good grasp on the bizarre sort of humor that is "The Tick".

I'd submit one possible addtion to the list: "Drive". They aired four episodes in the space of eight days (EIGHT DAYS!) and killed it before they could have realistically had any idea what audiences thought about it. Fox's excuse? It was dropping their viewer numbers for the show in the following tiem slot, "24". Nevermind that the particular episode of 24 that had the drop in viewership was up against the season premiere of "Dancing With the Stars," a show which (for no reason I can fathom) at the time had viewership second only to "American Idol". Don't even consider the possibility that "24" was getting a bit tired by this point. When you introduce a show with the cast breadth and character depth of "Lost," it's going to take more than a week for people to get into it, but it's the type of show that builds a large following through word of mouth as it goes on. It just takes more time than a whopping eight days.

Anyway, I'm done ranting, return to your regularly scheduled forum browsing.

drh1975

Dec 8, 2010
As a former Simpsons fan, I think the show needs to go. Too many good series, including Lie to Me, Human Target and the Chicago Code were all scrapped while Fox continues to beat the dead horse that is the Simpsons.