Pokémon Card Game Goes Full Circle and Becomes a Videogame Again

Naner

Dec 16, 2010
They could do something where you get in-game cash to buy your own cards and decks and then build your own decks from what you have. And multiplayer would be very interesting, too. The problem, I think, is that it would make people stop playing the IRL card game.

Novania said:
Seriously guys? Is this really necessary? Why not focus on a pokemon MMO or something?
If you think about it, the point of Pokémon is being an MMIRL. If you imagine a world full of people who travel with their DSs full with little creatures in their pockets, and battle, trade and learn with that DS, Pokémon essentially makes the world become an MMO.

MirrorSweep

Apr 17, 2009
This looks kinda cool o_O 3D Battle similations would be cool.
I may go out of my way to give it a try..
Also really sick of the bitching about the Catch 'em All Slogan being changed -.-
And that there is more than 150 pokemon and the fact that there is no official pokemon MMO, getting seriously fucking annoying =/

tk1989

May 20, 2008
arc1991 said:
Novania said:
Seriously guys? Is this really necessary? Why not focus on a pokemon MMO or something?
Do you know how hard that would be to programme? with all the regions, Pokemon, items, characters, and the eventually trainers? as an RPG i can understand, but and MMO is pushing it.
Hard to programme? yes, but what MMO isnt? Its not like WoW is short of quest givers, items, characters, stories or regions. The real problem here is Nintendo's stance on online gaming... they dont like randoms really playing together or befriending each other.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
RabbidKuriboh said:
Novania said:
sweet jesus christ this needs to happen!
Already made a thread on it.

Eri said:
No custom decks=Insta fail. Sorry.
Agreed.

That's the entire fun of these things, building a deck and beating others with it.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
pendragon177 said:
arc1991 said:
Novania said:
Do you know how hard that would be to programme? with all the regions, Pokemon, items, characters, and the eventually trainers? as an RPG i can understand, but and MMO is pushing it.
You're thinking too far ahead, they would only do the first region with only 151 Pokemon and the trainer and item mechanics would be different than their handheld equivalents.
Seriously, if Gamefreak and Nintendo don't release a third-person Pokemon MMO by the time I'm 25, I'm gonna make one myself.
Why would they only use the first 151? That makes no sense, as many people actually like the new Pokemon.

Like it or not, there are more regions other than Kanto.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
Asehujiko said:
Tonimata said:
That Pokemon card game on the Game Boy was a massive twat to me. Seriously, it would beat the silly out of my face for no apparent reason.
Put 4 Bills in your deck, no matter what. There is absolutely no reason to not get 8 free cards, you're not going to get milled unless you completely forgot to pack energies.
I had 4 Bills and 2 Oaks, but I would still get owned most of the time, I simply wasn't good at card games, though since then I've been playing Magic the Gathering, so I suppose, even if a bit, some of my experience with that might help.

Not that I can afford games at the moment but meh

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Novania said:
I'm sure it's coming, I mean they will won't they? Yeah sure they will, please say they will.

OT: Awesome to the max

Rect Pola

May 19, 2009
And then it will become a show! Set in a "real world" they'll use technology to give the cards real world forms that will appear actiony and the game will have the cultural importance of 10 Super Bowls and actually be a modern form of a great duel of gods and demons set in ancient Greece or something.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Never really got into the card game so I'll think I'll pass even though it is free. I may love Pokemon but I'm getting all my energy ready for Black and White XD

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
Snotnarok said:
Teebs2 said:
Damn it I want another Pokemon Card game like the one on game boy, sad day.
That game kicked ass! So did the battle music from what I recall...what am I talking about, to youtube for evidence!
Oh good more people had that game then I released. I love that game. I regret selling it now.

pendragon177

Jul 12, 2009
arc1991 said:
pendragon177 said:
arc1991 said:
Novania said:
You're thinking too far ahead, they would only do the first region with only 151 Pokemon and the trainer and item mechanics would be different than their handheld equivalents.
Seriously, if Gamefreak and Nintendo don't release a third-person Pokemon MMO by the time I'm 25, I'm gonna make one myself.
Why would they only use the first 151? That makes no sense, as many people actually like the new Pokemon.

Like it or not, there are more regions other than Kanto.
No, no, no, I'm saying that they should start with just the 151 and in Kanto but add the other Pokemon and places in expansions similar to what Blizzard does. They released a full working game but you can't go everywhere just yet. Once those places are added the new Pokemon will be available to capture even in Kanto.

thublihnk

Jul 24, 2009
THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED.

I played a very rudimentary online Pokemon card game in, like, 2001. And no, I don't remember where it was or what it was like, that was 10 years ago, but I distinctly remember Pokemon cards online, and even 10 year old me thought that was a weird full-circle move. (Headline: 10 year old boy scoops respected[?] online publication by 10 years. 20 year old boy rejoices)

Eicha

Oct 7, 2009
>.>

Yo dawg, we heard you like videogames and card games so we put a card game based off a videogame in a videogame so you can play card games based off videogames while you play videogames based off card games?

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
so does that make it "Pokemon Cards:The Video Game:The Card Game:The Video Game (again)?"