Pokémon Invade 19th-Century Wilderness

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
"The fictional Professor Baobab." I know what you meant, but all Pokemon professors are, by definition, fictional.

...unless, you know, you can get a PhD. in pokemon...
Perhaps I'll try that.

Sep 30, 2010
ThunderCavalier said:
Pokemon in an alternate Victorian Steampunk timeline.

I would pick up Pokemon again if they did that.
That is exactly what I thought when I looked at them. I would throw money at Nintendo if they made a game like that but the odds of Nintendo changing the formula for Pokemon are so incredibly low that it could never be...

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
chickenlord said:
<==== wants to own a pokemon "origin of species" book!
I know it isn't the same, but what you said just reminded me of this:
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Column:On_the_Origin_of_Species

too bad he isn't continuing it at the moment...

on topic:

I really like this. the drawings are well done and the 'science' behind the drawings was an awesome read as well

and i know there are some people who are only acquainted with the original 151 and don't like the newer pokemon, but as a pokemon fan I enjoy using em all. except exeggutor... that thing always freaked me out back in the red/blue days...

LifeSarcastic

Feb 25, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
So what does a 19th Century Pokéball look like?
This is exactly what I thought when I first saw the pictures. The guy who drew these is awesome, and I wish i had this kind of skill.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
LifeSarcastic said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
So what does a 19th Century Pokéball look like?
This is exactly what I thought when I first saw the pictures. The guy who drew these is awesome, and I wish i had this kind of skill.
I've been thinking about it, and I believe they use a long cord that provides both suction from a steam-powered engine on a backpack, and uses Tesla-style electricity to contain them once sucked in.