Pokémon

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I choked on my coffee reading this, fucking brilliant!

I've always wondered about that too, I mean, aren't you really playing as an animal horder?

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Love it, also, the Bidoof in the cage just looks mildly annoyed, must have been in there the shortest amount of time

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
I never did get that other strip. Always made me feel like something's missing in my life, as it always does when I don't get a joke.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
What a waste of Pokemon. You're supposed to cook and eat them before they start starving to death. Grilled Pikachu, anyone? -nom nom- Tastes a bit rubbery, but otherwise... delicious!

CanvasWolfDoll

Apr 26, 2011
i don't mean to come over as overly negative, but i am getting tired of this joke. just about everyone[/hyperbole] has made the 'pokemon = dog fighting' joke, and the 'are you a boy, or a girl' joke, and the 'oak doesn't know his own grandson's name' joke, and, quite frankly, they're never unique. they never tell the story differently, it's always the exact same structure for the joke.

i guess that's the problem with the 'pokemon easy button': it's been pushed far too often accross our culuture(s), that it's become completely devoid of any value.

I guess what i'm saying is: dull, unoriginal comic this week, but i know next week's will probably be better.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Anyone else read the little news ticker?

"Death toll rises during Snorlax mating season" XD

I-Protest-I

Nov 7, 2009
I mainly read this webcomic because its on the update list, however this is truly a great update. Absolutely hilarious, keep it up.

217not237

Nov 9, 2011
gigastrike said:
/Cue a commercial featuring Sarah Mclachlan and an Eevee with only one eye.
Don't forget the incredibly sad music, in this case the end credits theme of Pokemon 2000.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Anyone else read the little news ticker?

"Death toll rises during Snorlax mating season" XD
it just makes me wonder who was dying though... was it the snorlax from overexertion or the poor souls who were watching it happen

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
In the first panel: "We managed to capture footage of the of hundreds of animals kept inside."

I think you had an extra "of" there.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
The_root_of_all_evil said:
You do get the impression that poke-balls are sort of like Snoopy's kennel. Inter-dimensional kennels filled with all the latest accoutrements.

http://www.virtualshackles.com/99
Charmander with a pipe and reading glasses wins forever...

Oh, and I guess the Critical Miss was pretty good too xP.

Metallgoth

Mar 16, 2010
This was pretty good, even though I don't care at all about Pokemon. Also, I really like the strip in general. Although, I can't overlook the typo: "...footage of the of hundreds of animals...". I freely admit being a grammar Nazi. That is all.

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
The last panel was the best.

"I gotta be the very best, like no one every was!
DUN DUN DUN
To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause!"

I don't remember the rest of the lyrics...

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Relevant.

It's two jokes in one!

I mean, Venusaur!

Great comic, as always.
I keep getting more reasons to watch this over and over. And I still love it.

OT: ...I think that's what Pokeballs are for.