Pokemon and Mew

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Hehe, using the Mew glitch I managed to make the ultimate team of 2 Mews and the 4 Pokemon that would've otherwise had to be traded in to evolve them. In the original Red and Blue it's easily done before the second gym too.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
You could wait to get a Mew, OR, I can give you an extra one in the 6th gen if you want. I made a whole bunch of hacked Pokemon in the 5th gen on Pokegen, and I made some Mews. Let me know if you want one via PM! :D

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Just use the glitch, what's the diff? You can get one as soon as Cerulean City and all you need is an abra. Furthermore you can get it as a low level so you can raise it yourself or you can glitch it to lvl 99. If you are going to use a trade glitch anyway what is the difference? It's completely pointless to worry about getting a legit mew when a glitched one is identical to a glitched one and impossible to confirm aswell.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Um do you mean a Mew in Red/Blue/Yellow versions of the Gameboy game? If so, use the glitch everyone else has mentioned above me. Keep in mind that you can't trade it outside of generations one and two.

For the other generations try what Eclipse Dragon said. That's how I got my 2nd one through Emerald. My first I received from a North American event in 2010 at GameStop or Toy's R Us? One of those.

Lilikins

Jan 16, 2014
Sorry if it caused any confusion I edited my original post to add that Im currently playing the Y version.

Seems Ill have to get some sort of Gameshark then to get him on the emerald/go to one of my cousins (they seem to have all the versions) and mass trade the little bugger up to the Y version legibility.

Thank you all for your helpful responses again :)

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
I've got a legit event Mew back in Soul Silver. I'd send it up if I wasn't so busy breeding to fill out the Pokedex.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Johnny Novgorod said:
I remember doing the truck trick in Pokemon Blue. You fight the S. S. Anne captain to get HM01 (Cut, which enables you access to Lt. Surge's gym and the rest of the game), but rather than exit the boat you instead deliberately lose to one of its passengers in battle, so that you're magically spirited to the nearest Pokecenter without triggering the boat's departure once you leave it. That way access to the docks won't be revoked, and you'll be able to swim right towards that mystery truck once you have Surf and Stregth.

I tried all that, and while I was surprised enough to find the fucking truck, there's nothing to be done with it.

I tried a bunch of other tricks as well. Most of them were on Blue and usually involved Misty's city and the Nugget Bridge. Also something about the daycare outside Goldenrod in Gold. I forget what exactly.

They're all make belief. I think the only way of getting Mew was through a tournament or something like that. I refuse to believe anything else, I don't care if you post a video about this totally tried and true method.
Catching Mew in Red and Blue isn't actually all that hard.

And beyond the ones I can easily catch, I have ones handed out by Nintendo.
But they're on Red/Blue or Gold/Silver, and I don't know of any way to trade them to anything beyond a Gen 2 game.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
WickedFire said:
There is one way to get a 100% legitimate Mew, though I'm unsure if it is still possible, as I don't know if 'My pokemon ranch' is still available on the Wii shop. I will take some effort and time as it requires you to transfer 999 pokemon from Diamond or Pearl onto the ranch and then you have trade an egg for it. As far as I know that is the only non-event method available.
True!
I completely forgot about this.
Yep.
This is the way to do it.

2HF

May 24, 2011
Holy fuckin christ! The mew trick in Pokémon red/blue works!!!

I'd never tried any of the many rumored methods because they were all so time consuming but I just got one before even battling misty. The mew trick linked earlier in the this thread that leads to bulbapedia is totally legit. Sweetness.

Furthermore, the glitch can be used to aquire any pokemon you want provided that you can find a pokemon with a special Stat equal to the index number of whatevery pokemon you're looking for.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Yup.
After all those many many years of trying to find Mew in R/B, we DID eventually do it. And it actually turned out to be dead simple.
Go figure.