Pokemon Black & White Screens Evolve Into Video

shemoanscazrex3

Mar 24, 2010
Witty-Name said:
shemoanscazrex3 said:
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Is it even possible to speak Japanese without sounding either incredibly angry or incredibly excited? If it is, I've never heard it.
I can speak some for you now if you'd like
I could too, and if you don't believe it's possible to not sound angry or excited just check out some of the language CDs! It's pretty much possible to speak Japanese and give the impression you've never encountered a single emotion ever.
I'm guessing that was supposed to be impossible but even without me speaking it I've seen a few serious animes, Japanese films, and the Human Japanese app where they sound just normal but I do see what you mean

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
that one chick without the wierd plastic jumpusit was hot. the rest of the chicks were not. anywho, japanese people are odd. they kept screaming about everything. EVERYTHING. i liked how they pointed out the biuldings in the back of the screenshot.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Walking around in circles in... THHRREEEEEE DDDDDD! Isn't going to sell me on another pokemon game alone. Especially since I just got the Gold remake.

firedfns13

Jun 4, 2009
I like the move to 3D but I don't think I can get back into the simplicity and monotony of a pokemon game.

Syl4r

Nov 15, 2009
Lolz at the presenters being like "OHSHI- walking around in circles in a city? what magically enhanced game is this!"
But pokemon could use this, something original unlike the same ol formula that they've been rehashing since the original.

sougo13

Sep 11, 2009
urm... yay I guess?

So Nintendo, where are the important footages? Like the battle system perhaps?

I mean full 3D is cool and all but i'm pretty sure that i going to spend most of my time battling rather than walking around in circles.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
GRR i hate all this that they're trying to do. They're trying to make it more realistic which is bullshit, the anime already did that, so what you're doing is poking it further and further down the black well that you just made in the center of the Earth and everyone's hearts

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
FolkLikePanda said:
Snipped for obvious reasons
the only way you could justify acting like that is because your avatar is Ripper Roo, other than that, go play on the freeway

AdamG3691

Nov 18, 2009
Serris said:
notyouraveragejoe said:
I mean it wouldn't even be all that hard to do it.

there's over 400 pokemon by now (453 or so?). there will be new ones in black and white (already 2 have been shown). probably another 100, that's 500+ 3D models. on a cartridge the size of a large stamp, excluding any 3D environment.
the DS "could" run it, it has the processing power. but i'm sure there just isn't enough memory on the card, and even so, they won't be able to get 500+ models, i mean, they have finite amounts of 3D artists, even if they are nintendo.
most likely they will add another 100 or so plus one or 2 exclusives
so in total, about 600
however, they already have 498 of them in pokemon battle revolutions and my pokemon ranch depending on the detail

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
Serris said:
notyouraveragejoe said:
I mean it wouldn't even be all that hard to do it.

there's over 400 pokemon by now (453 or so?). there will be new ones in black and white (already 2 have been shown). probably another 100, that's 500+ 3D models. on a cartridge the size of a large stamp, excluding any 3D environment.
the DS "could" run it, it has the processing power. but i'm sure there just isn't enough memory on the card, and even so, they won't be able to get 500+ models, i mean, they have finite amounts of 3D artists, even if they are nintendo.
Yeah, you're right I never really thought of that part. But then again I heard a while back (things may have changed since I'm not really "in" on DS news) but there was something about hot-swapping cartridges. I mean it could be a multi-cartridge game. Though really this is all just hopes and dreams. Maybe a future Pokemon game'll have that.

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
Oh, Japan. You adorable manchild of a nation.

I'm going to call it that that fox thing is actually the only new Pokemon they've come up with.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
tehweave said:
Holy crap... Full 3d. Awesome.

Will this work with the current-gen DS or the next-gen 3Ds?
Full 3D? Where? I didn't see any, must have been hiding by the pixelated 2D characters and Pokémon...

OT: Why were they so happy about what I'd assume to be the battle layout?
'Wow! I can see my Pokémon's legs!!... HOLY SHIT! BUILDINGS!'

Come back when you've put some work into a Pokémon MMO...

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Wow... Now that is innovation enough to get me to buy a new pokemon game... although, I haven't bought one since yellow*... so perhaps an update is in order anyway... All I need now is to find myself a DS... I notice my sister doesnt play hers too often...

[small]*Although, I played Crystal, and Fire red on GBA emulator... Don't tell anyone...[/small]

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
randommaster said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
randommaster said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
No wonder the Japanese are so happy. Everything looks like kids TV! It's mesmerising...
That's because it is kid's TV. The clip was from Pokemon Sunday, a show that is extremely popular with kids in Japan. It's not meant to be entirely serious.
Well fuck, well done me.
Don't worry about it. It's not like anyone expects you t know about the target demographic of an international television show.

I mean, it's not like the stuff targeted at adults is any less bizarre.
This is probably the most truthful thing I've seen today.