Pokemon choice

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
I propose to you a question:
If you could own a pokemon, but no one else in the world could, which one and why? for example, i'd probably choose a pokemon like bellossom or Liligant, due to they being small, cute and (I'd guess) affordable. I wouldn't choose something say, like mewtwo, or Rayquaza because the fact of the matter is, in the real world, these pokemon would likely kill you without incentive to be subservient to a human.
So, to reiterate, in a real-life scenario, what 'mon would you choose?

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Houndour

It's a cool-looking dog, i.e. man's best friend, and it can control fire and whatever powers Dark moves.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
My friends and did a tabletop pokemon game once, and my choice? QUAGSIRE! Gotta love that guy. The guy always looks TOO happy to see you.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
I would love to have a Raichu, as opposed to it's pre-evolution. I've just always been fond of the tubby thing, often choosing to make one part of my team whenever I feel the need to start up another Pokemon playthrough. Being that as long as I treated him right he would do whatever I asked of him, I think it would be great to have a little infinite power source as a friend. Don't you?

Not to mention, orange is my favorite color, heh.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Arcanine.

Loyal.

Intimidating.

Strong.

Fast.

Can scorch all who oppose me in a raging inferno.

Tazzy da Devil

Sep 9, 2011
My first thought was Eevee, but that's kinda boring. May as well get a dog or cat. I'd get a Staraptor, then it could fly me to school in the mornings! :D

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Empoleon

He's a penguin made out of steel, both water and steel types, he is practically his grounds on typing. If I need a ride on water, I can use him. If I need water to drink, I can use him. If I need someone to be cut up/frozen/scalded, I can use him.

If I need someone to hug, I can use him. (I'm 6'6", he's 5'7"ish)

If I need a pokemon to be useful in combat, he gets the job done

If I need a pokemon to resist gun fire, he might be able to (He's part steel, that will be helpful)

If I need a pokemon to look badass, he's been doing it since his inception.

Best pokemon ever.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
All interesting choices, yes, but because we are such refined intellectuals,(Talking about pokemon on the internet is what smart people do right?) I would like to delve further on the use of such chosen pokemon. for example, like Tazzy had stated about using staraptor as transportation, I would keep my Liligant as a housepet, mainly because i don't have much of a life anyways. What would you do with your pokemon? and lest you forget we are aspiring for realism, please note that proper care would have to be taken, so maybe something that eats a lot wouldn't be the best choice unless you have a big budget.

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
I hate to be stereotypical, but I'd love a Pikachu. Just because it would be so fun to have a Pikachu as a friend.

Also, anything cute.:3

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Abra, riolu or raltz. I want friends whe get me, and with a chance like this, having some thing that could understand me on a supernatural level would be pretty great. And a riolu would be SO FUCKING CUTEOMG ITS A PUPPY THAT CAN HUG. Not to mention, once they grow up, they could earn their own keep with basic part-time jobs or whatever.

There's also flygon, smeargle and electabuzz, whom I've always liked. For some reason, electabuzz really fits my personal desires for a quintessential 'mon. (for the trope in general, not just pokemon)

I'd be really tempted to go with ghosts, as there's not a ghost pokemon I don't like in-game, but if we're being realistic here, most ghost pokemon are kind of evil according to the pokedex, and I'd rather a magic puppy over my soul being eaten.
Still, if they would be friendly, I'd like haunter or dusknoir. Dusknoir seems like a very fatherly sort of thing, and a big friendly ghostdad would be adorable. :3

19nicolay91

Oct 4, 2010
Growlith, i guess Arcanine whould be more awsome but to impractical in the real world, probably couldn't even afford feeding it.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Using the same logic as the OP I guess I would choose Raichu. It's cute and fluffy and doesn't seem like much trouble to take care of. It is one of my favourites, but I fear my absolute favourites would probably squash me, set me on fire, or rip me to pieces. Not very cuddley either.

Lawnmooer

Apr 15, 2009
I'd probably say Luxray

Because I've grown quite attached to mine in Pokemon Diamond, it evolves from a cute little kitty into an angsty teenage kitty (Which is also very cute) and into this and has powerful electric and dark attacks (For a power source and I guess to smite my foes?)

Though where I'd keep it as it is quite large...

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
I'd take a Pidgeot, seems like a reliable mild tempered, buddy, and a flier to boot, my partner would have to be a flier.

meathand

May 25, 2010
Prolly Gengar. It's cheap since it doesn't really need food. Also it's my fav, and hey, it's a ghost: I see opportunities for haunting people xD

Eventidal

Nov 11, 2009
Probably the evolution of the 5th gen water starter.
The 2nd one, not that 3rd evolution. The one that still looks like an otter, only less derp.

He would be my buddy, I guess. He'd tag along and eat ice cream and not give a fuck and cut a ***** if he needs to.