Pokemon Go is Awful

FrozenLaughs

Sep 9, 2013
I'm having the exact same issues as OP. My GPS doesn't update correctly, I can move 4 blocks and have it do nothing, cross the street, and suddenly my guy flys half way across town- the other direction. I stand still and my guy randomly spins and walks in circles. I lost a Growlithe today because even when it appeared on the screen and I walked directly to the exact spot it showed, my guy wouldn't go anywhere near the area I was.

My town has two gyms, side by side- and two pokestops. All four locations are within the same one block of each other. AND THAT'S IT. Somehow, magically, at random intervals I don't have gps or data in that area. The same 4 blue guys that own both gyms don't appear to be having problems though. (884 cp Vaporeon? Really?)

Gps must be tied to the Incubator, because it's not registering any of the distance I walk. It won't let me activate Incense. Are those little puffs of stuff on the screen a thing? Because they never do anything in my game.

Zacharious-khan

Mar 29, 2011
The game doesn't crash that much for me. More than most games, but the 4g is pretty good around here so connectivity is not a problem. GPS is your carrier or phone's fault.

Personally i've been having a lot of fun with the forcing you to go outside aspects and the natural congreatating has been great. Just follow the pink petals and there's always a bunch of pokenerds to talk with.

Does it reall matter though? Monster Hunter Generations comes out in like 3 days. by then you'll be back in the basement hunting a diffrent type of monster.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I was hoping to get this on launch, but seeing as the Pokemon Go Plus wouldn't be released until the first of August here in the States, I was a bit suspicious and decided to wait a day.

Almost immediately, the flood gate of issues came pouring in, ranging from server and loading issues to a rapidly depleting battery.

There are currently a lot of features (trading and battle with other trainers) that have yet to be implemented in the game, so this immediately tells me that it was released prematurely and the available regions are in the post-beta phase.

I'll still hold out on downloading it until a proper update is made that does away with many of the game-breaking issues and has the necessary features to make it a great game.

Also, I'll be getting a Cherish Ball themed Pokemon Go Plus.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
Samtemdo8 said:
Pokemon will die when Nintendo makes a main series Pokemon on Mobile Devices only and Microtransactions up the ass.

Everything about Pokemon today is just RIPE for explotation of all the vices Mobile Gaming is guilty of.

And sadly sheep will eat it up like how they ate up Valve's practices:
[...]
I was thinking about watching the video, but I'm absolutely certain you post it in every single one of you posts. If you're on a crusade, make a fuckin' article and submit it. Escapist needs the content and Cracked will pay you for it.

ON TOPIC-I-DEE-DOO!

For me, Go is a cool Idea that I haven't seen before. I've never heard of Ingress, and I never knew what geocaching was. But when you have no money, and still want to get out of the house and around town, then Go can be fun.

Saetha said:
Someone explain to me because this app is horrifically bugged. 50% of the time it gets stuck on a loading screen or tells me the servers are down. And when it does get to the actual tracking portion, 50% of the time it can't locate a GPS signal, retrieve my data (No pokemon show up in my captured pokemon menu) or register and display nearby pokemon. If it does get to tracking and display nearby pokemon, the distance doesn't update even if I walk five blocks away and end up right on top of a pokemon so it's impossible to know where to go. And even THEN, if everything goes smoothly and the thing actually WORKS, it will almost certainly crash as soon as I find and capture something - and of course, it won't register me as having done that once I boot it back up.

The game's just devastatingly broken. I don't understand why people are praising it. Thus far, in my experience, it's been a better loading screen/Google sign-in simulator than anything relating to Pokemon. Aren't we supposed to get pissed when a game is publicly released in such a terrible state?
When it comes to not being able to find a GPS location, I don't necessarily think that's a fault with the game. GPS is required to play, and if your phone can't get a good lock, try outdoors on a clear sunny day. If it still can't get a lock, your device may be having GPS issues. What's your phone Make/Model?

As for the server issues...? Well... Uhh... Sorry 'bout that. We have Russian players, Canadian Players, Euro players, Chinese players... Basically everybody who isn't supposed to have it yet, has it. And the servers are only capable of handling the countries it's released for. So, everybody else? We're to blame. So... Uhh... Sorry a-boot that, Eh, dar bye.

hamsterkilla

Battlefield veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Yea, similar to others in this thread I have been very lucky with encountering very few bugs. (although I do hit some every now and then)I can understand why some people are pissed, but as to your point why more people aren't getting off their couch with pitchforks and fire is because the game is free.

Unlike what happened with Batman which users paid full price for, I think one of the reasons so few people are getting "as" angry is because they didn't pay a cent for it.

I am one to sing it's praises though, simply because I enjoy the act of collecting Pokemon. Also watching a egg hatch and getting an Aerodactyl, or a Weedle is surprisingly nerve wracking.

Final point, hopefully they can find a way to keep up the fast paced battle system, but also make it more fun. I see why they made it the way it is but I find it boring.

Bombiz

Apr 12, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
And sadly sheep will eat it up like how they ate up Valve's practices:
@Samtemdo8
you wanna get off your high horse their buddy? I mena Valve's practices with TF2 and CS:GO aren't horrible and the people who buy into those things aren't to blame(though it is more of a psychological manipulation thing but thats for a later time)but it's not like you and I are any better. After all we both bought TW:WH in the state that it is in right now knowing and accepting that their would be DLC for it.

Saetha

Jan 19, 2014
They were talking about it on the morning radio show. Basically it's taking over some people's lives to the point where very bad things are happening. Stabbings, car accidents, what have you.

The underlying thread of it all though was that it's still just a game and these people are idiots.